The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Anakin Skywalker said:
finally, goku's becoming a runway model

K1VOnJA.png

Not only does he keep stealing techniques, he can't even create his own poses.

The only technique Goku uses that he didn't steal that I can think of is the Dragon Fist, and that's only in non-canon movies and GT.

I just finished episode 98 a few minutes ago. The tournament of power in under way, even though it technically started last week in episode 97.

Well damn. Universe 9 is fucking dead. Just gone. The Kaioshin, God of Destruction, fighters, and the rest of the universe all gone in the blink of an eye. And Mojito, the angel, didn't even care. Hell, he was smirking. I mean, I hated Roh too but still, that's cold. And the Grand Priest was looking very sinister at the end. I'm not totally prescribed to the theory that he's a villain just yet. However, hopefully Goku takes things a bit more seriously now. Aside from all that, Goku and Vegeta back to back was awesome and Freeza scared that poor sucker right off the stage. It was also implied that 18 knocked one of them off as well. Go 18!

Next episode features Krillin and 18 and I fear one of them is getting ringed out next week. I know it has to happen at some point but I don't want either of them being the first one out. 18 squaring off against Frost though does not bode well. At the very least I hope both get a moment to shine.

Nice victory against that smell guy, Krillin, but by throwing your shoe at him you technically used a weapon, which is an illegal move.

Doesn't matter, since Frost got in his cheap shot and knocked Krillin out anyways.

I eagerly wait for Frost to get knocked out. I hope Freeza back stabs him after faking an alliance or Piccolo gets his revenge.

Cleopatra really needs to think of a new pose.

Also, 17 is shaping up to become my favorite of the arc.

Seeing the incredible things the androids are capable of now makes me wish even more that Future 16 could have had a role in the previous saga.

Man Hit is such a badass. Unlike a lot of the fighters in this tournament, he's not defined by his gimmick. Even when it's not working, he changes his strategy to deal with his opponent. Also, Super Saiyan God came back for no reason, but I don't care cause it was awesome. No matter what the haters say, I love the look of that form.

So the next episode is Roshi focused. But isn't the bottle technically a weapon? Is he gonna get disqualified? If so I hope he does something cool before that happens.

Roshi was amazing this episode. I'm so glad they brought him to this tournament. Can't believe people wanted Yamcha over him. Roshi has such cool techniques and despite his occasional *ahem* antics, there's a reason he's a respected warrior.

Now I just hope that Tenshinhan can finally do something this arc. The guy got overshadowed in his own recruitment episode.

So Reborn as Yamcha has concluded.

It was a what-if kind of simulation intended as a safe way for Beerus and Champa to compete at something. But the souls reincarnated into Yamcha and Chiaotzu's bodies belonged to actual people from an actual universe. But it's not one of the <12 universes Zen'o rules over? Hoyo~?

Well, Tenshinhan is gone. At least he took someone out with him, but even Krillin got more attention before he was ringed out. Between this and his recruitment episode, our poor three eyed friend really got the short end of the stick compared to the rest of the team. At least he got a few good Shin Kikohos in there.

So there are two theories about the order in which the fighters in this tournament are being eliminated. One is that they'll be eliminated in the order they appear in the credits. If that's the case, the order is Krillin, Tenshinhan, Vegeta, 18, 17, Piccolo,
Roshi, Freeza, and then Goku and Gohan are the last two standing. I personally would really like this order. Piccolo sticks around for awhile, and so does Freeza, and Gohan would make it towards the end, maybe even winning. The only people who kinda lose out are Vegeta and his fans.

The other theory is that it's based on which Dragon Balls the characters are holding in the opening. Note that Krillin has the One Star ball and Tenshinhan has the Two Star ball. Following this theory, the order of eliminations after these two is Roshi, Piccolo,
17, 18, and then Freeza with the three Saiyans making it 'till the end. Now, the next episode preview shows Frost going after Roshi, but it also mentions wanting to get revenge, which would likely be directed towards Vegeta. So the two most likely eliminations are Rohsi and Vegeta, the two who fit the two theories above. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I like the first order more, but I'd be fine with the three Saiyans being the last three, but it still feels weird to not have Freeza figure in to the finale of the tournament. He doesn't strike me as the type to silently watch from the audience.

HO. LY. SHIT

This... this is some of the greatest Dragon Ball content I've seen. The animation, the pacing, the techniques, the music, the callbacks, oh there's just so much to love. I know people rag on Goku having the spotlight all the time and him always coming in to save the day, but I was cheering for him the whole time. That sequence where it seems like he's gone, but the whole arena shakes, Beerus smiles, and says "He's coming" was amazing. The new form is badass, even the Gods are on edge. But Jiren still seems like he hasn't gone full out yet. This was only round 1 of Goku vs. Jiren. Though best wishes to Hit next week. I feel like he's gonna be gone after this. Still, he was so badass stepping in to save Goku there. And that cliffhanger with Freeza, goddamn. I feel like it's gonna be a callback to Namek and Freeza will share a bit of energy.

God, so many cool moments. Goku going through all his forms (minus SSJ3, rip), the realization that Goku was using the Kaiokenx20, all the fighters giving energy, the epic push back and forth of the spirit bomb, the instrumental Limit Break x Survivor, the reveal of the form, all the fighting in the new form. GOD I LOVE DRAGON BALL

One thing to note for the future. Despite all of this, Quitela isn't too worried. Either he's banking on his invisible fighters holding a numbers advantage 'till the end, or they're every bit as monstrous as Jiren.

Speaking of which, Jiren is scary. I was worried about him being boring, but he such a menace and presence.
That scene when they realize that Jiren is the mortal who surpasses the Gods of Destruction was downright chilling.

This was very rambly but I needed to get some thoughts down.

It occurs to me that I should probably finally write down my thoughts on 109 and 110. Reeeeally should have done that sooner, instead of procrastinating. I even had a joke set up and everything. Very sad.

I have to admit that when the rumors started about Goku getting a new form in this arc, I was kind of eehhhh about it. I felt the introduction of the blue form was really lackluster, so the prospect of getting another one overall seemed lame. Like, "Oh, Goku's not strong enough to beat the villain, let's make him pull a new form out of his ass" lame. When people kept pointing at the shot with Goku enveloped in a red aura in the opening, I was like "God, I hope that's just Kaioken, I don't think I'm ready for a new form yet".

So now the new form finally dropped and... I'm actually kind of relieved and a bit excited even. Like, my worries and reservations did a 180 and I'm liking the new form. I think it's great that this is based on what Whis was saying about your body parts reacting independently from your consciousness. It means that this form had proper build-up and is something that we were anticipating already, instead of just coming out of nowhere. I also really liked the presentation of the form itself, the way it moved, and how it effortlessly dodged and blocked attacks. I feel that really sold it, and I'm going to be happy to see it return later.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite DBS form now, if not one of my favorite SSJ forms in general. I hope it's not going to be a Goku-exclusive thing.

Sasha Nein said:
It occurs to me that I should probably finally write down my thoughts on 109 and 110. Reeeeally should have done that sooner, instead of procrastinating. I even had a joke set up and everything. Very sad.

I have to admit that when the rumors started about Goku getting a new form in this arc, I was kind of eehhhh about it. I felt the introduction of the blue form was really lackluster, so the prospect of getting another one overall seemed lame. Like, "Oh, Goku's not strong enough to beat the villain, let's make him pull a new form out of his ass" lame. When people kept pointing at the shot with Goku enveloped in a red aura in the opening, I was like "God, I hope that's just Kaioken, I don't think I'm ready for a new form yet".

So now the new form finally dropped and... I'm actually kind of relieved and a bit excited even. Like, my worries and reservations did a 180 and I'm liking the new form. I think it's great that this is based on what Whis was saying about your body parts reacting independently from your consciousness. It means that this form had proper build-up and is something that we were anticipating already, instead of just coming out of nowhere. I also really liked the presentation of the form itself, the way it moved, and how it effortlessly dodged and blocked attacks. I feel that really sold it, and I'm going to be happy to see it return later.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite DBS form now, if not one of my favorite SSJ forms in general. I hope it's not going to be a Goku-exclusive thing.
Ha, but that's just it. It's not a SSJ form. When was the last time one of the saiyans got a form that wasn't some variation of Super Saiyan? Probably Gohan'S ultimate form. Made before that, Oozaru.

What I really loved was how this new form actually felt like a new level of power. With the various SSJ and god forms, we were told they got much stronger but we didn't really get a sense of that just from the fights. With Ultra Instinct, the way Goku fought and moved changed. It truly felt like a step up from before.

Oh and I doubt it will stay Goku exclusive. I'm sure Vegeta will get it soon enough. Though I'd love if Vegeta accessed some new transformation and go down a different path to improving himself rather than just getting Goku's forms an arc later. It would be nice for some variety.

So Caulifla and Kale have fused to form Kefla, and she seems to be able to keep with Goku's Blue Kaioken as a SSJ. I'll be interested to see how she fares against UI Goku. I haven't looked into future episode titles so I have no idea how that fight's gonna turn out. But if Kefla gets knocked out, then U6 only has the Namekians, but they could easily fall to Gohan and Piccolo in the coming episodes. A great dream scenario would be Kefla gets knocked out, and the U6 Namekians realize that the situation is hopeless, so they agree to merge with Piccolo so they can live on in a way. i could see that being a technicality preventing U6 from being erased. It would also give a massive power boost to Piccolo, maybe putting him up to par with the Blue Saiyans. Sounds extreme but Piccolo went from like below Nappa to even with Freeza's second form just from absorbing Nail. And remerging with Kami put far above the rest of the cast (until the Super Saiyans caught back up).

Though the fact that Potara are allowed now is very interesting. U3 and U4 stated they don't need them (likely because three of the U3 robots can already form a Megazord, and perhaps the U4 invisible bugs can fuse. Beerus seems hesitant but if push comes to shove I can see Vegetto reappearing. Though using him for two arcs in a row might be a bit much. Still, UI Vegetto would likely wreck Jiren.

A bit of sad news. Hiromi Tsuru, the voice actress for Bulma, has passed away.

This one hurts. She's been playing the character for 30 years. Bulma has been there since the beginning and she's a wonderful character, and she brought such life to the character.

Rest In Peace.

So Dragon Ball Super is going on hiatus starting at the beginning of April. No word on when or if it'll resume.

Could you imagine if the show just ends with Jiren winning, Universe 7 being erased, and then nothing after that? Not that something like this would ever happen, but still. If it's just a hiatus, we'll probably get a timeskip. If there is though, I hope there's some resolution to Freeza's story.

Pour one out for my boy 17. Forever in our hearts as the true MVP of Universe 7.

On an unrelated note, looks like Vegeta's gone next week.

i caught up to this about a week ago, went from ep 70-127

GalacticPetey said:
i usually skip previews but i really wanted to watch this one but i really regret it now

and also the main reason i wanted to make a post here is that aya hisakawa (sailor mercury from og sailor moon) is going to be bulma which is hype af

Ochaco Uraraka said:
i caught up to this about a week ago, went from ep 70-127

GalacticPetey said:
i usually skip previews but i really wanted to watch this one but i really regret it now

and also the main reason i wanted to make a post here is that aya hisakawa (sailor mercury from og sailor moon) is going to be bulma which is hype af

what episode is this?

It's from a Japanese commercial.

Well guys, we're down to the final three episodes. And now that the design for mastered Ultra Instinct has been shown. Here it is:

SPOILERS: https://imgur.com/a/uWj58

I know some aren't crazy about it. I personally prefer the unmastered design, but I'll wait 'till we see it in action. We have a two week break before the next episode. I just hope they can give the Tournament of Power a satisfying conclusion. Though I have to wonder how they'll resolve the Freeza plotline with so little time left.

Back