Super Sluggers vs Strikers Charged

C/D Mario Super Sluggers is better than Mario Strikers Charged.

• Sluggers is better

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Strikers is better

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I live in Europe or Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never played Sluggers

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Never played Strikers

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Never played either game

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
Which game do you think is better?

I say Sluggers, but only because of Strikers's cheap AI.

I love Strikers Charged! It's by far way harder than Super Sluggers, and it has a darker feel to it. Super Sluggers is easy and there's no tournament mode or anything.

My ratings:
Super Sluggers: 6/10
Strikers Charged: 9/10

Without playing Super Sluggers, I can tell Strikers Charged is a whole lot better. I've had it for a long time and I still love playing it.

I love Strikers Charged and I don't like soccer/futbol/whatever y'all call it.

Mario Strikers Charged doesn't exactly allow you to have a team of all captains. Mario Super Sluggers covers that though.

I don't like how all the teams can have several captains. That just makes it so one team can have more special moves than the other. Also, Strikers Charged has Wi-fi.

basically I love Baseball for almost all characters here (but I can't catch why don't Football do)

I don't say we can't have many "captains" ine one team when they're not a leader

Sorry, Strikers Charged was the more fun to play (Even if I still can't beat that damn Star cup). But that might also be partly that I prefer Soccer over Baseball. Heck I'd say the original Strikers was better then Sluggers.

I can't really say. It's like comparing apples to oranges. They both have their own advantages and weaknesses.

Strikers.

It's totally awesome, and even if all you do in the game is bash people to steal the ball it's still fun.

MnSG said:
Mario Strikers Charged doesn't exactly allow you to have a team of all captains. Mario Super Sluggers covers that though.

Ironically, the prequel allowed you to do that via the Super Team, since they could all do Super Strikes.

I prefer Strikers. It has an overall more enjoyable gameplay in my opinion.

However, what I dislike about both of these games is the fact that Toad is not a captain. :mad:

Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:

Ironically, the prequel allowed you to do that via the Super Team, since they could all do Super Strikes.

Too bad that you can't have Mario and Luigi on the same team, which is possible in the Baseball series titles.

Propeller Toad said:
I prefer Strikers. It has an overall more enjoyable gameplay in my opinion.
However, what I dislike about both of these games is the fact that Toad is not a captain. :mad:
I don't see that so important if it's only a "fame"
but I'd love to see if most main characters in the next foot/baseball can have special attacks, not captains only

or basically we don't have to make someone a captain, only to decide the order and position?

MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:

Too bad that you can't have Mario and Luigi on the same team, which is possible in the Baseball series titles.

That is unfortunate.

^ I think you should play the game and decide for yourself.

I say Strikers Charged (Football) because characters have much more personality (Waluigi, anyone?) and it makes Soccer/Football violent, just the way I want it.

I also loved the use of different themes in Strikers Charged. Even if some of them didn't make sense and were more rule of funny for some of them yet you get used to them anyway (Like Luigi's being Spanish themed or Waluigi's being made from a Banjo). Some of them were plain weird but fit anyway with the character (Wario's theme is so funny, fitting, and awesome all at the same time. It's always fun to hear that after scoring a goal with him).

I never played Sluggers since it never came to Australia, but Strikers Charged is fun. My friends actually ask me if we can play it. and they never ask to play games usually.

I like Monty Mole (Super fast Half-court cheap shots), Hammer bro (Super ability hammer cheap shot) and dry bones (electric charged cheap shot). yup. I'm cheap.

Goalie jumping and teleporting through goalies is cheaper once you get the hang of the timing. ;)

I got the hang of the timing pretty well. I just use these guys because theyre much easier to get goals with regularly when you dont have enough time for super shots.

In my opinion, Super Sluggers was too easy and boring. I played it for like two or three days, beat the game, and haven't played since. I think Strikers Charged is a lot better, since it provides a little challenge and is actually fun.

Ornithologist Mario said:
^ I think you should play the game and decide for yourself.

I say Strikers Charged (Football) because characters have much more personality (Waluigi, anyone?) and it makes Soccer/Football violent, just the way I want it.
I don't know if I will like it. I like Football a bit but football games are confusing I know that it has good characters in it though

Back