I just beat __

Grunty Industries in Banjo Tooie

I spent 40 minutes trying to figure out how to get to the 3rd floor :|

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

very nice game, glad I was finally able to play it fully for once. this is a very impressive title, especially since it's only the third title in the series; it feels so much newer than that. I loved all the dungeons (the ice palace slightly less than the rest) and the game provided a good, fair challenge. I must say I was expecting this game to be harder, but it actually wasn't too bad; Oracle of Ages gave me more trouble overall, but it could be because I had A Link Between Worlds under my belt as "training wheels" in a sense. but anyway, this was a very nice game, and definitely my favorite Zelda game that I've played fully. 9.5/10

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (bros.)

*cracks knuckles*

Jesus, this game. I could write a decent couple of paragraphs about how irritating this game is, but I'll save that for a later date.

...Okay, I'll give a few short points.
Half of this game are these little minigames that vary in enjoyability. Hide and Seeks are obnoxious, Yoshi racing was surprisingly fun for how short it was, and the other ones were one offs that didn't stand out (apart from this one time where you had to save Toads from this Tetris-esque grid by destroying the blocks, but being careful not to make any blocks fall onto a Toad. Now, I think I would have enjoyed these more if it weren't for the fact that these are blindly forced down your throat; this one time, you have to collect this ore to make a new papercraft, and just before you grab 'em, they shove a Koopaling in there and you play tennis with it with cannonballs. Out of nowhere.

Another point is that this game is rushed to a concerning degree. The devs couldn't find a place for a Lemmy, Iggy and Morton boss fight until the Koopaling medley, which is a shame, because their boss fight was really fun. So I believe that they just shoehorned them in everywhere else they could to make up for it. Someone doing something? Probably Iggy. Need a filler NPC for a boss minigame? Have some Morton, with a side order of Lemmy. Some areas are also blatantly restricted, like in the Dumpy Desert (can't remember the name, might have been Dusty Dunes) where there is a path that is blocked off by some rocks that stick out like a sore thumb.

Finally, where were they going when they animated the paper characters? Most of the time the dudes have a stop-motion movement to them, but when you least expect it they have this fluid movement that just doesn't work. Sticker Star did it too, but Colour Splash fixed it. One example that you always see is the talk animation for Paper Toads. Their arms sway gently when not talking, but when they talk they jerk about in the stop motion style.

I would continue but I'm stopping so I can build up contempt for another occasion. Just one last thing; don't get this for Christmas unless you happen to have really low standards. Seriously. TPG out.

Classic Mode on Very Hard with one life in Super Smash Bros. Melee with DK

I honestly thought I was screwed at the team battle, but the bad AI of Ness made five of them SD by a passing car on Onett.

I was also lucky that Master Hand and Crazy Hand never used their hand-drill attacks, which otherwise OHKO me even if I only touch their wrist and take 1% damage.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Splatoon
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

beat these while I was dead

Haven't posted here for a year and a half, so I'm due for another catch-up:

Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Circuits
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Rock Band 4
RUSH
The Ultimate DOOM

Steins;Gate 0

I passed the true ending without noticing it LOL

so i guess this was a great game but i havent really understood several plot points yet.

like for example, what exactly was the true ending supposed to mean? where did daru send mayuri to? what happened to rintaro after he did that time travel?

i guess they made the connection to the original steins gate by having him record and send the message in the true ending but still

also i didnt really udnerstand which world line the true ending was supposed to be in since the only one where mayuri went back to the past was the one where kagari looked like yuki and died

SO WHERE THE FUCK DID KAGARI COME FROM

COME THE FUCK ON DONT LEAVE ME WITH SO MANY QUESTIONS

yeah other than the fact that im confused, was a great experience i guess. I'm gonna wait and see what the anime is gonna do.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! All Cup Tour.

Damn! I finally did it after so many months since I got the game last year.

Salazzle said:
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. And thus, kind of sadly, concludes one of the best series of games I have ever played.

Isn't there like 6 and 3 spinoffs though

now you get to enjoy The Justice(?) Trilogy

imho,
6 > 5 > 4
more memes and updated autopsy reports await

Xenoblade Chronicles

whats taken me months of on and off gameplay has finally reached its conclusion. I can easily rank it as my favourite jrpg and probably put it into one of my top 10 vidya of all time. The world, lore, characters, story, and gameplay were all incredible with barely any cheese, and geez what an amazing finish. Seriously it astounds me that Nintendo owns the exlusivity to this franchise because it feels so un-nintendo and I enjoyed the whole 130+ hr experience.

New game+ oh boy

100% Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

its been many years since I've been able to play this

younger Smasher would be proud

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

wew fucking lad this game

why did they have to kill leon right away he's too attractive for that ;-;

anyway wew this game is nothing but a rollercoaster of emotions. mondo's backstory in chapter 2 nearly brought me to tears, i felt so bad for him... it was really nice to see his sensitive side come over him and see him try to help chihiro like that, even if it led to their demise. #mondodidnothingwrong

sakura's suicide was completely unexpected. i mean honestly i expected someone to kill themselves from the beginning, but i figured it would be one of the more... negative characters like chihiro or toko (on the subject of toko, lemme just say that genocide jill is a 10/10 character when you take out the... genocide part lol); sakura was the last one i'd expect to commit suicide. aoi's reaction and attempted coverup were also some pretty melancholy scenes, but very powerful as well.

i didn't really like chapter 5 since in the end it was just a waste of time lol but the bad ending at the end of the 5th trial was a pretty interesting view. junko being the mastermind was semi-spoiled but it was still kind of a twist at the end, especially with her despair... fetish???? i feel like her personality would've been better if her voice and emotions had stayed constant instead of changing every few seconds, since it kinda got old after a while. she's still a good villain though.

anyway yeah i thoroughly enjoyed this game. it's a pretty damn dark and story-heavy game, hardly for the faint of heart, but it was still a great experience. overall, i'd give it an 8.5/10 - points removed for the absolute bullshit bullet time battles are. i'm now making it my life goal to get leon's underwear in school mode

anyway here's some celebratory leon pics

uityOK9c.png

f91orBe.jpg

dangan_ronpa___leon_kuwata_by_melspontaneus-d6586ww.jpg

Iggy in Color Splash. Fun battle, it was pretty obvious to use the bone. That was a short level though. I just can't wait for the Purple and Orange chapter.

Back