I just beat __

Every single challenge in SSBB, albeit using all 5 Golden Hammers.

Kingdom Hearts

kind of a shame the final boss wasn't any harder. really, once I got donald and goofy back it was pretty much over lol

but overall, kingdom hearts was a really good game. it definitely had its issues (wonky camera, boring and repetitive gummi ship segments etc) but the fun gameplay and good music made up for it. I'll probably have to revisit the game sometime to try out the hades cup and sephiroth, lord have mercy on my soul

starting the second game tonight btw

Completed Plague of Shadows for the second time yesterday. That game is DLC done right

Majoras Mask 3D

Dawn of a new day indeed. What an amazing game!

Going into the moon, I had collected all the masks (that Kafei/Anju sidequest is next level sidequesting and the payoff is depressing) but didnt play with any of the children on the moon and jumped straight into the boss battle with Majora with no fairies or anything

I survived with one heart container left, lmao. The final boss does a great job at being the most unnerving one in the game, which is fitting considering how weird MM is as a whole. It's really different for a Zelda game for sure. I must say I was satisfied with the ending but overall underwhelmed by the boss fight (I was expecting more use of the other masks) so I went back and double checked whether I missed something and wew four whole optional dungeons themed around each mask that require you to give up all of your masks to access them, holy shit batman. I switched the game off then and only got around to rebooting it again a day later to redo that.

I came much better prepared because I had two fairies and had downed a bottle of romani to prevent magic loss because that happened a few times in the Majoras Mask boss fight. Gave up all the masks to the creepy moon children.

In retrospect I dont know why I questioned there missing a classic Zelda final dungeon that requires you to use all of the abilities you got in the game meme when I first took on the moon.

The Deku Link room was alright. I appreciate how the sheikah stones are supposed to tell you where to get the other masks from so I can imagine the Mask of Truth being a top priority item pre-internet guide time. but other than that, pretty easy room.

The Goron Link room was the most infuriating but I got the heart piece and figured out the path I needed to take in the end. Goron Link was my least favourite form so this is a fitting end to his abilities.

The Zora Link room was surprisingly easy until the end, I caught on to the fish hint really fast but was still fooled by the last path having an extra tunnel after it. Such a fake out lol. got it in two because of that

I expected the regular link room to have something to do with the mirror shield but alas nothing but two/three really underwhelming miniboss fights and bombchu puzzles even though those were never a thing in the main game to my knowledge. I feel this room was the weakest overall.

In actual fact all of the rooms bar maybe Deku Links didnt really take advantage of all the powers their specific room had and so it was a pretty big disappointment. Ah well, at least it got me the Click Sword to Win Fierce Deity Mask of Coolness and I'm relieved I beat Majora on hard mode with plain link because the deity mask turns the whole thing into a joke.

but despite the wholly out of place and terribly cliche questions the masked children ask you the whole story is well contained and incredibly nuanced with the sidequests and meetings that occur and everything else feels much more polished than the previous Zelda game and I had a lot of fun with it.

i enjoyed the openness of this game a lot so I'm looking forward to botw for sure

Fate/Extella

Well, the ending was okay, Altera's ending was the strongest one of them while the others were decent. Fate/Extra must've been a dating sim because both Nero and Tamamo and the MC are sucking each other off every second line of dialogue. Which probably had a hand in making Altera's story seem so much better in comparison.

Something I'm glad they did (even if it probably wasn't for this reason) was making the pathways between sectors a button-press teleport path basically, it cut out what would have been a heavy amount of pressing the dash button. It definitely wasn't a high budget game but you could see that from any trailer/video for the game. I was a little disappointed that there is literally only 5 maps, generally with different layouts used but the sectors don't change appearance; just location.

though you can't say there's many games where you can beat up medusa and lu bu as girl attila the hun while joan of arc is your sidekick.

I've still got side stories and trophies to do, for later.

Ys Origin

'okay, time for the final boss. oh i guess i have to fight this guy as a warm-up. that wasn't too hard. okay now time for the final boss' *credits roll* 'huh'

The game overall was significantly easier than Oath, but I wasn't expecting the final boss to be so straightforward. The last four bosses of the game were rather underwhelming, both in difficulty and the music that accompanied them.

I beat it with Yunica, I'll be trying Hugo after I re-load and pick up some achievements I can still get.

100%'d Banjo-Pilot

Tales of Berseria

wooo buddy the things this game does to you. Beat it, not sure what to think of the ending though its one of those sad endings you'd rather not see sometimes, but regardless good shit.

Overall the game was a massive hit for me. I cant really dislike any major character in this game it seems all of them are very neat if not downright fascinating, each character is stupidly well written especially the main cast. So many good gameplay decisions, excellent difficult later on, loads of sidequests that are easy to catch on, dominating soundtrack, and overall solid story arcs to make this game a massive joy ride.

It was also very nice to see that the cast had many clashing personalities to make it an entertaining experience in the main story and during the skits and even to the sidequests. Eizen is certainly my favorite but big plus to velvet and the rest for being very interesting at some point or another, game looks great too as the graphics are pretty similar to zestiria but still nice to look at.

The game again, is well written i had quite an interest on the next cut scene or skit and plenty of times i found my self being in a heart wrenched state for some characters while laughing at some of the more quirky moments in the story.

Gameplay as expected from a tales of game is very solid and very flashy, especially velvet for being an absolute maniac with her fighting style its totally nuts, and each character feels unique and honestly i think the balance off the main cast is quite good. The difficulty was a bit lol at first but rose much later in the game and some of the optional boss fights were very difficult as well and even some main story bosses gave me quite a challenge, probably one of the best tales of games in terms of challenge.

Sadly berseria lacks good dungeon design overall, while some dungeons i liked i felt lots of them were very lacking in various areas, and of course as rpg tradition lots of recolored enemies, but honestly i felt it was a bit too much in this game and this is a 3d game, a modern one at that, so enemy variety certainly needs to be reworked in future installments.

Overall this is probably my favorite game in the franchise while i havent played nearly as much of berseria as vesperia, i can say its much better constructed in so many different areas, the plot is actually really good and not extented too much, the emotions in the story are very powerful and some moments in the game are just damn good, and overall i feel the game just really feels better then vesperia and previous entries that ive played.

in short berseria was an amazing experience and any jrpg/action rpg fan should really go play it, its so good and so worth it.

Not really writing a review but just giving thoughts, good shit hopefully it gets good dlc in the future aside from just costumes and such.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. That was surely very, very hard. Somewhat unnecessarily.

d3601ec75e.png

WTF DOES THIS MEAN????? IS THERE SOME HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENT THAT I HAVE TO 100% WITH THE OTHER TWO SAVE FILES. MCMILLEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING??????????????????????????????

Replayed through Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, but this time I completed the areas in reverse order (doing everything in Area 9 first for example). It was an interesting twist, and yes it is possible. Although it's probably best to not do it all in one sitting like i did xP

Uforia the Saga
stuck on the last boss for 4 years but now i'm the best.

Pokémon Picross: Alt World

"avoid setting any pokémon"
"clear in 3:00"
"complete all missions at the same time"

Yesterday I beat Mini-game Coaster on Hard in Mario Party 2. I did it once like 9 years ago, but my save data had been erased when I went to play MP2 with some friends last year. :'(

World 7 on that thing is still hell to this day.

Back