I just beat __

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2:

The Conquest ending

Please... no... This ending, is horrible. Many tears were shed. Nepgear needed to do something horrible to the CPU's in order to defeat the final boss...

I-I don't want to talk about it anymore. I think I may have a mental breakdown every time I hear the word 'conquest' now. I can now see why loads of people say that this is THE worst Neptunia ending in all of the games combined.

Wario Land II

Beat all the levels. The final level is ROMhack level design wtf. It took me 55 minutes IGT by the way.

Overall I liked 2, seeing how it and 3 play fairly similarly with Wario's skills. I personally kind of prefer 3 though since I like its level designs more(although I'd trade the golf minigame for any of 2's minigames anyday). I'm not sure I want to complete 2 again though, since there were some levels I really didn't like.

Azure Striker Gunvolt

I beat it a while ago, I'll attempt to get S+ ranks on every stage but I've spent 3 hours so far on only the second stage and I've only made it to the boss once without being hit. Beating the game is easy, being good at the game is very difficult.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

I don't know if I'll do the time attack things, I did a few and they were incredibly boring.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

It was pretty fun I enjoyed it quite a bit

Ys 1 and Ys 2

Both games were fun, the first game was a lot more basic but the inclusion of diagonal strikes always resulting in hits for 2 made the bump system super easy to work with. You also got fire magic which you could reliably throw out for little cost, overall 2 was a lot easier for regular enemies since levels had much smaller increased and weapons/armour didn't boost your strength/defense by large amounts as they did in 1, but 1 also had a 10 level cap so the weapons effectively replaced levelling up by the end of the first game.

The bosses in two were a bit more interesting because of the magic, the first few bosses relied on it but then they went back to getting you to use the bump system by the end which I liked. I preferred going back to that since it made boss fights a lot more intense, though the last magic-oriented boss fight had me on the edge of my seat. Final boss of Ys 1 was the worst garbage of a boss I've had to play, the final boss of Ys 2 was one of my favourite final bosses in recent memory.

The ending was bittersweet but I think it was still good, it kind of reminded me of the Tales of Xillia 2 ending, where the dream ending isn't possible as much as you want it to happen.
I really liked how Adol finally spoke right at the end, even if it was just her name and that was it. You only ever see the text box of 'adol then explained what happened', he never actually had dialogue.

I guess I can move onto the 3 re-imagining soon.

dragons dogma main story

beat the dragon, grigori, and gotta say that fight was astounding and grigori is my favorite dragon ever.

Really good game and post game seems neat too, by far one of the best games ive played and the ride was very thrilling.

Many star missions in Mario Superstar Baseball. The only star characters I don't have yet are Mario, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Baby Mario, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad, Toadette and Birdo.

i finally beat superstar saga, after years of being underleveled and not being able to defeat some of the koopalings.

i got to level 37 this time and beat everything else in a couple of tries (not including the fact i used a LOT of restore points during the final boss, which took me 45 minutes) but i'm happy to have finished a game which has what's considered to be the hardest final boss in any mario rpg.

I beat Sonic the Fighters a few days ago. What a challenging and exciting game. It required a very special strategy.
I literally just picked the bird and just kept hitting punch from beginning to end

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Well, I saved before the point of no return so that I could go back to it afterwards and grind for the optional boss but then I ended up saving over like 2 hours of progress after that point of no return lmao. So I just went ahead and beat the game, it was only normal mode so it really wasn't much of a problem, I expected it to be a little harder than it was. The bosses didn't hit hard and the lucky coin gave me 5 billion critical hits so they ended quickly. The optional equipment was probably overkill too. The attacks look flashy but they do like 40 damage lol.

Fun game though, different from the bump system, I didn't like it as much but the general opinion I see around is that VI sort of laid the groundwork for Oath and Origin and then those two are the ones that really take advantage of the new system. I'll grab Oath in Felghana next I guess. Most people say it's the best one so we'll see. Ys II is still my favourite.

I do appreciate that the games are fairly short. 8-10 Hours is a good length and makes it so I'm probably not going to get burnt out pushing through each of the games I've missed.

forgot to post earlier

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

jesus fuck that final boss was hard, killed me like 4 times lol

but anyway, this game was really fun to play. I liked the time warping gimmick a lot, and it's a pretty impressive game by gbc standards. even though I hated dungeon 5, the saltiness caused by it was quickly remedied by dungeon 6, a pretty fun and creative dungeon to fight in. I'd give this game a solid 9 out of 10, and I'm looking forward to playing a linked game of Oracle of Seasons.

Guacamelee (Super Turbo Championship Edition)

That was a great Metroidvania and was very very well done and polished and combat was smooth. I had fun for the vast majority of it, except for the some parts in the end where the difficulty shot up like holy hell. Of course in those parts you actually had to be like patient, which i wasn't and couldn't bring myself to be patient.
Geoff said:
jesus fuck that final boss was hard, killed me like 4 times lol
IKR! Also Guacamelee's final boss killed me at least 50 times.

albw

wow this really took me back, the music, map, and everything really
the ending was kind of unexpected, i wouldnt think hilda was actually the main bad guy.
fuck hilda
fucken bich

the music for the yuganon fight was so fucken nostalgic
like if you havent heard lttp final boss heres this
but listen to this masterpiece
they got it just right
its perfect
its one of, if not the, favourite zelda final boss themes of all time

also fucken
ravio was link all a long like shit dude
i shoudlve seen that one coming atleast

anyway id probably give this a 10/10, it was a nice refresh of lttp and definitely earned a spot in my top 5 zelda games

Beaten Paper Mario: Colour Splash last week.

It's a really nice journey, but I can't help but feel the bitterness of the opinions of Paper Mario fans seeped into my enjoyment for this game. There are really nice things about this game that I hope could be carried onto future games.

Thanks for reading.

Back