• Queen Bee

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Wiggler

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I hate them all

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Mijzelffan said:
I always play with Mario. Mario is awesome and you know it. He's like the mascot of non-arcade gaming.

I'm a huge Mario fan, and I'm not that impressed with the inclusion of Metal Mario. :/

Still, I'll play as Metal Mario. He is Mario, after all.

Are those the ONLY newcomers? Are you sure?

Anyway, so far, Lakitu. It's funny to have the guy holding the checkered flag actually racing in the race... Except that's not what's happening, it's a completely different Lakitu. Still, it's nice to have Lakitu finally playable.

The others seem like a waste of a GOOD character choice, each for different reasons.

Metal Mario = Dry Bowser = a blatant copy of a pre-existing character.

Queen Bee = a random character that didn't have a huge fanbase and WAY too big to be driving karts.

Wiggler = awesome character, but bad choice for driving karts (too many legs)

Now that I think about it... Wouldn't it have been smarter if they made the green-shelled Lakitu playable and the red-shelled one the referee? I mean, the green-shelled one is the popular...

FMGBASKFH said:
Now that I think about it... Wouldn't it have been smarter if they made the green-shelled Lakitu playable and the red-shelled one the referee? I mean, the green-shelled one is the popular...
in the problem of species playable
if you think staff stress on popularity, than other real characters as Dixie, Pauline are prior choices of new racers to them
or they can directly use Lakister and Lakilulu here

Smashgoom202 said:
Queen Bee WAY too big to be driving karts.
wigglers are BIG too, it seems that the staff can change the sizes to fit the games
actaully Bowser and DK are slicely smaller than what they are in main games

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Queen Bee WAY too big to be driving karts.
wigglers are BIG too, it seems that the staff can change the sizes to fit the games
actaully Bowser and DK are slicely smaller than what they are in main games
You DO realize there are different kinds of Wigglers, right?

And Bowser and Donkey Kong were always a given, so they're exempt from the argument, as far as I'm concerned

Smashgoom202 said:

Hey, at least Dry Bowser looked SLIGHTLY different from Bowser. Metal Mario, aside from palette, looks EXACTLY alike to Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Hey, at least Dry Bowser looked SLIGHTLY different from Bowser. Metal Mario, aside from palette, looks EXACTLY alike to Mario.

That's kind of the point, since that's what they did to create Metal Mario for SM64.

They still could have made the Metal Box an item instead of adding Metal Mario as a separate playable character.

I don't see why they put Metal Mario in... I really don't.

Dorayaki said:
FMGBASKFH said:
if you think staff stress on popularity, than other real characters as Dixie, Pauline are prior choices of new racers to them

Why do you always link to your own threads? I don't really think it matters which Lakitu is playable, the shell colour won't make much difference.

My assumption is how Koopa Troopa has a green shell and Nintendo uses a red shell to try to differentiate even more (we know Bowser has the same green shell, but he looks considerably different than Lakitu does to Koopa)

Baby Luigi said:
They still could have made the Metal Box an item instead of adding Metal Mario as a separate playable character.

It would be interesting to see metal versions of all of the characters, especially the newcomers.

They were probably going for an unpredictable cast of newcomers. Nobody predicted any of them. Wiggler maybe, but the rest, no.

Out of the four newcomers, Lakitu would probably be the only one I would try out. The other three are just ridiculous (maybe not Wiggler too much, but he looks very odd when he's in a kart! :toad:)!

Epic Nitwit said:

Dorayaki said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Why do you always link to your own threads? I don't really think it matters which Lakitu is playable, the shell colour won't make much difference.
I've always wanted to say this, but didn't want to be pushy

New Super Mario said:
Epic Nitwit said:

Dorayaki said:

I've always wanted to say this, but didn't want to be pushy
uh? the links are that I use to make it clear, no other uses

basically there are many colors of shells, not to mention other special properties in Paper
maybe the staff can make each species with special color of shell or wearing to show the difference from Bowser's Troop in SMB?

I'm starting to get over Queen Bee being in it.

Crackin355 said:
They were probably going for an unpredictable cast of newcomers. Nobody predicted any of them. Wiggler maybe, but the rest, no.
Nobody would of predicted them because nobody would have wanted any of them.

Well, except Lakitu.... I still say Wiggler wouldn't/shouldn't work as a racer.

If a Dinosaur can drive, anything can.

The onyl characters people wanted were characters that had already been in. Now that their there, people should stop complaining.

Smashgoom202 said:
Crackin355 said:
Nobody would of predicted them because nobody would have wanted any of them.

Well, except Lakitu.... I still say Wiggler wouldn't/shouldn't work as a racer.

King Boo driving and Goombas playing baseball, no?

Crackin355 said:
If a Dinosaur can drive, anything can.
Does this dinosaur walk on 6-8 legs?

And King Boo can drive because his non-existent legs and feet don't look as awkward as Wiggler trying to cram his/her body into a kart and trying to drive it. Just too many limbs.

Ask the base-ball playing Goombas.

Anything can happen if it's Mario. Wiggler can magically shrink her lower body segment to fit in the kart. There, done.

Ornithologist Mario said:

Anything can happen if it's Mario. Wiggler can magically shrink her lower body segment to fit in the kart. There, done.
It still wouldn't feel right. And I can't explain why, but I find handless Goombas playing baseball easier to swallow than the big, chunky Wiggler fitting into a kart. Having to cut him/her down only proves my point.

I think it's best that you take it for granted.

Ornithologist Mario said:

This is what I think about this.
Smashgoom202 said:
It still wouldn't feel right. And I can't explain why, but I find handless Goombas playing baseball easier to swallow than the big, chunky Wiggler fitting into a kart. Having to cut him/her down only proves my point.

Bowser was big in Galaxy 1/2, and he was shrunk into a Kart still. His case is like Wiggler, they just get shrunk into the kart. Plus, Wiggler is interesting, he has a segment controlling the lower kart, a segment driving, a segment for carrying items and his head. He doesnt looked cramped from what I see.

Back