• No he is stupid! They should get rid of him

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
Is Yoshi overrated? :yoshi: Yes :( No choose your side :yoshi: :( :koopa:

Made by the same guy.

Mighty the Armadillo said:
Around these parts, I'd say he's definitely underrated.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he gets way too much hate to be considered overrated.

I don't know about this forum, but I personally think Yoshi is very overrated as a character. He is featured in too many games while others like Luigi, Peach, and Toad never really had many games or starring roles as the dinosaur. I used to like Yoshi; however, after he started to have more appearances and games since his late appearance (in SMW), he started to overshadow other older characters like Toad (thus, making me despise him more). I agree that Yoshi's roles have decreased a little now; however, he still is very overrated as a Mario character.

Of course! Yoshi Is much too overrated. I know he deserves games, but seriously ! Look at Toad or Toadette or anyone except Mario and Yoshi, not too many games for them right?

Yes, I don't know why people would hate a awesome dino.

Awesome dino? More like awful dino.

Anyway, I think he's very overrated, but not to the point of getting rid of him.

Hey the person who hates him the most thinks that he's overrated. And the fans thinks he is awesome and could never be considered overrated.

This is exactly why he isn't overrated OR underrated. A lot of people like him, and a lot of people dislike him. It all averages out.

I hate Birdo as well, but I don't think its overrated. Overrating characters and hating them are two completely different things.

That wasn't my point. At all. I'm saying that between the people who thinks he's overrated and the people who think he's underrated, he's not really either.

I don't think he's overrated or underrated. He only has two games, and really doesn't get that much credit anyways. I don't really understand why people think he's in a lot of games, when he's really only used as an item in most of them.

There are actually 9 games featuring Yoshi as the main and titular character (includes Tetris). This list of games do not include the Mario games he has been. So in short, he made many appearances since his debut.

You're right. I was just looking at the mainstream games. Though, how many of those games were actually successful? Success should be a factor in how underrated or overrated a character is.

Things that appear in 95% of spin off titles are not under rated and things that appear in 95% of spin off titles and about 80% of main stream titles are not under rated and things that appear in 95% of spin offs 80% of mainstream games and have than there own franchises are for damn sure not under rated :posh:

YoshiMonsta said:
Yoshi has some very popular games, Mr.Shroob.

But those games are not solely based around Yoshi; they were based around the babies. Unless there is a game I'm not thinking of that was particularly popular, I don't see it.

(I like the nickname, by the way)

Leonyx said:
YoshiMonsta said:

But those games are not solely based around Yoshi; they were based around the babies. Unless there is a game I'm not thinking of that was particularly popular, I don't see it.

Yoshi's Story was fairly successful selling over a million copies and Tetris Attack was also rather successful

Well I think it doesn't matter if he is or not it's just a matter of opinion

Leonyx said:
YoshiMonsta said:

I will call you that for the rest of your life.

ghostyTrickster said:
Leonyx said:
YoshiMonsta said:

I will call you that for the rest of your life.

Please do.

Sir Poshington the XV said:
Yoshi's Story was fairly successful selling over a million copies and Tetris Attack was also rather successful

Hmm...okay. Nevermind then.

Back