• I think he is overrated

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No he is stupid! They should get rid of him

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
FMGBASKFH said:
Yoshi > all your favorites together.

Ermm no

and Yoshi is quite overated but to be fair its average for him because he has loads of fans and loads of haters

At least the head in Galaxy is infested with Goombas.

Leonyx said:
YoshiMonsta said:
Yoshi has some very popular games, Mr.Shroob.

But those games are not solely based around Yoshi; they were based around the babies. Unless there is a game I'm not thinking of that was particularly popular, I don't see it.

(I like the nickname, by the way)
I will call you Mr.Shroob, Mr.Shroob. You like it? Nicknames are my specialty
Ornithologist Mario said:
At least the head in Galaxy is infested with Goombas.
Poor yoshi! His head is infested with goombas in the game! I wish that there was something I could do to save him, but I don't have the game. I only have SMG2 (super mario galaxy 2)

FMGBASKFH said:
Yoshi > all your favorites together.

I find that statement quite offensive

See, that comment single-handedly pushes Yoshi to the position of overrated.

But that's just because we dislike Yoshi. Those guys do have a point. Not many just likes him. He is mostly like a love him or a hate him character.

What your saying is true. Everybody seems to either love him or wish that that blarg had eaten him in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I think that it seems that not many people would say "I don't really like him, but I don't hate him either. I wouldn't care if If he got hit by a car, but I still wouldn't if he was saved." Like you said "He is mostly like a love him or a hate him character."

What I don't understand is how people can hate him. I mean, he isn't annoying like Daisy and Waluigi.

@Baby Luigi My last intention was to be offensive, so my apologies.

^I used to like Yoshi; however, I started to dislike him after he started to get a little bit too much attention from Nintendo. His appearances are generally much more emphasized than other more major characters such as Luigi and Toad whenever he appears (Sunshine, Galaxy 2, NSMB Wii). However, at these times Yoshi does not have the importance that he appears to be represented by as his roles in these games are actually smaller than what most people think of (for example Yoshis in NSMB Wii). I also began to dislike Yoshi as he started to shift Toad to side after he made his appearance as Mario's assistant.

I don't hate Yoshi; however, I feel that he gets too much love at times from both his fans and Nintendo themselves. It also feels odd to me as to why the Yoshis get their own series when Luigi, Toad, and even Peach do not have their own games series.

In NSMB Wii, one of the advertising points, I think, was that it had Yoshis in it. They appear on the front cover, but in game they only appear in about 5 levels. I think Yoshi gets advertised too much in games, when he really doesn't really appear in many levels in those games. Overall, though, I'm kinda neutral to Yoshi. I just wasn't happy with the way they advertised him in NSMB Wii

FMGBASKFH said:
What I don't understand is how people can hate him. I mean, he isn't annoying like Daisy and Waluigi.

@Baby Luigi My last intention was to be offensive, so my apologies.

Yoshi's more annoying than Daisy and Waluigi. Daisy and Waluigi sound funny. :P Not to mention, Yoshi gets more love than Toad, who appeared before Yoshi.

Even the Yoshi fans would be super-bummed on how Yoshi is shown in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii box cover. It looks like Yoshi would be a major character in the game when the sad truth is that he isn't.

How can people hate Yoshi? Opinions are opinions. We know for sure that for any character, not everyone loves him. Such as Yoshi. Reasons may be poor, though.

Yoshi's one of my favourite characters in the series.
Even the Yoshi fans would be super-bummed on how Yoshi is shown in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii box cover. It looks like Yoshi would be a major character in the game when the sad truth is that he isn't.

You have to be an idiot to have thought Yoshi was playable in NSMBWii. He's obviously being Ridden by the Characters.

Yoshi's more annoying than Daisy and Waluigi. Daisy and Waluigi sound funny. :P Not to mention, Yoshi gets more love than Toad, who appeared before Yoshi.

You didnt state HOW Yoshi is more annoying. Waluigi and Daisy dont sound funny at all, nor do they do anything to BE funny. Yoshi gets more love than Toad because of opinion.

Yoshi just needs to get treated better, since he's mostly being treated as a sidekick that Mario can easily ditch for his safety. Very underrated there.

He is pretty much a transportable Item. Items are there for new abilities and an extra hit. Same with Yoshi.

MnSG said:
Yoshi just needs to get treated better, since he's mostly being treated as a sidekick that Mario can easily ditch for his safety. Very underrated there.
he has his own spin off series he's in practically every sports titles and the majority of major games :posh:

MnSG said:

Well, that's what he is. At least he's not a palette swap.

Sir Poshington the XV said:
MnSG said:
he has his own spin off series he's in practically every sports titles and the majority of major games :posh:
Yeah and also. Yoshi has the biggest fanbase out of the big eight characters.

Sir Poshington the XV said:

Whenever he's involved in a Super Mario title though, Yoshi's only role is being Mario's horse and buggy.

Back