Which mario character should be in the new smash bros. game?

Which mario character should be in the new smash bros. game?

• Total voters
Smashgoom202 said:
Oh yeah, Toad, of course! And yeah, no Toadette. PLEASE!

Um why Toad and not Toadette? I mean he's not any cuter.

MagicalToadette! said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Well, it would be easy for Toadette to be a costume for Toad, just as Wario could switch between WarioWare form and regular form in Brawl. So Toadette could easily be put in with Toad.

Waluigi. You guys should know that I'd like to play him in the next Super Smash Bros. game.

Now, why Walugi? He needs more time in the spotlight as a character. Besides, they should be able to come up with good moves for him anyway. (I can't really think of much myself.)

^^Toad is one of the original characters in Super Mario Bros. while Toadette debuted in a spinoff game later.

Lario said:
Waluigi. You guys should know that I'd like to play him in the next Super Smash Bros. game.

Now, why Walugi? He needs more time in the spotlight as a character. Besides, they should be able to come up with good moves for him anyway. (I can't really think of much myself.)
Made a mistake and deleted my post. I'm sorry. I'm surprised not a lot of people chose him since a lot of people wants him.

I think Waluigi can borrow moves from Strikers Charged and Mario Tennis. He's supposed to have weird moves.

MagicalToadette! said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Why? Well...

1.) I don't like Toadette. Alongside Baby Dasiy, I think she's the lamest addition to the Mario roster ever.
2.) Toad's been around for much longer and is part of the "Big 8".
3.) Toad doesn't need Toadette to fight, so it would see pretty pointless to have them together.

Smashgoom202 said:
1.) I don't like Toadette. Alongside Baby Dasiy, I think she's the lamest addition to the Mario roster ever.
2.) Toad's been around for much longer and is part of the "Big 8".
3.) Toad doesn't need Toadette to fight, so it would see pretty pointless to have them together.

Baby Daisy is way more redundant than Toadette. Regardless though, Toadette is not the best choice for a Smash Bros. rep.

Toad or Toadette their not on a team. You can choose either. And anyways, they would do only the exact same things. Why have both?

Toadette is more suitable for a texture hack than another character. She isn't very iconic compared to Toad.

The only thing it would mess up is the voice.

If they were two characters they would be too similar to suit so it would never work out. Just think about it for a teensy little second and it won't be sooo annoying

Toad works better as a singular character. He has been playable in the mainstream games, and would bring in unique moves if he was brought in as a solo character. I like Toad and Toadette; however, I prefer to see Toad solo on this one.

Toadette could always be his alternate costume of course.

So, somehow this thread has become another Toad disscussion thread.

My response to the poll options:

[quote author=Poll]
Birdo
Rosalina
Kamek
[/quote]

These character's don't realy have enough apearances to appear as playable characters.

[quote author=Poll]
Bowser Jr.(can transform into shadow mario like Zelda can transform into Shiek
[/quote]

Hmm... this is somewhat more likely, as Jr. seems to be a major character nowdays, but I'm not betting on it.

[quote author=Poll]
Baby mario
Baby luigi
[/quote]

Well, Baby Mario might have an appearance, but Baby Luigi would probably not, unless he's an alternate costume.

[quote author=Poll]
Daisy
[/quote]

Already a colour change for Peach, no need.

[quote author=Poll]
Larry/Wendy/Morton/Lemmy/Iggy/Ludwig van/Roy koopa
[/quote]

This I doubt, as they don't really appear very often at all. Nintendo would probably use Bowser Jr. first.

[quote author=Poll]
Toad/Toadette
[/quote]

Toad is one of the people with more chance, in my opinion. But, Propeller Toad has already stated why Toad has a large chance, and that doesn't need to be repeated. Toadette could be a costume change.

[quote author=Poll]
Dry bowser
Waluigi (as a playable character)
[/quote]

Dry Bowser, same case as Toadette. Waluigi would be nice, but Nintendo would most likely choose someone else.

These are my personal opinions. But, I voted for "I don't care", because I don't care.

It doesn't seem like he could mimic Bowser's move that easily though, save for the shell spin.

His firebreath seems as strong as Mario and Luigi's fireballs.

His teeth don't look sharp enough to inflict enough damage like Bowser's Koopa Klaw from Melee. And he doesn't look strong enough to pull off Bowser's Flying Slam.

He's not a heavyweight, so mimicing Bowser's Down B move would be pointless.

And the little guy certaintly doesn't have a Giga transformation.
tldr

short version: It's highly unlikely Junior would be a clone.

Don't forget that Bowser Jr. has other abilities and moves he could use. He could use the paintbrush as a weapon and even use it to change to Shadow Mario.

Bowser Jr. has different B-moves (for instance: he can fly up in the clown car for his up-and-B-move)

Pandapowah said:
Don't forget that Bowser Jr. has other abilities and moves he could use. He could use the paintbrush as a weapon and even use it to change to Shadow Mario.

He also needs the bandanna which displays Mario's mustache. His current bandanna won't cut it.

Mijzelffan said:
If Bowser Jr. even were to get in, he'd oh so very most likely be a clone character of bowser.
Bowser Jr. is a lot smaller, more speedy and agile than Bowser, so having him use Bowser's moves (save obvious ones like the fire breath) wouldn't make sense, seeing as they're based around Bowser's huge frame and massive strength. Bowser Jr. movies around more like a ninja, so I can see his moveset reflecting that. I can also see him using that paintbrush of his.

Smashgoom202 said:
so having him use Bowser's moves (save obvious ones like the fire breath)
And even that would work different. Jr. can only fire off bursts of flame instead of a continuous stream. I can see something like "hold 'B' for a more powerful fireball, but he can't move while charging" or whatever.

I see Bowser Jr as being more agile, quicker, and easier to combo with than Bowser, kind of like Young Link to Link.

Also, if Waluigi isn't in this game, I will be highly disappointed.

Back