Shows/Cartoons you should never watch

Whinge harder, maybe then people will begin to believe you weren't the one baiting everyone into an argument.

Michelangelo said:
Why don't you get some lives of your own instead of making someone else's life miserable?
Why don't you get a life of your own instead of getting this butthurt over people online disagreeing with you?

You think insulting somebody that you assume has a terrible taste in cartoons is just a disagreement?

All I see is Superjeff horribly overreacting to a situation that desperately does not warrant it.

Michelangelo said:
And yet you don't even know what I watch.

Once again, the victim is the one who gets punished while the ones who started it get off scot-free.

Just because my opinion is different than yours, that doesn't mean I'm wrong, and it certainly doesn't give you guys the right to insult me. You guys act all tough when you're in a group and pick on just one person, but by yourselves, you're pretty pathetic. Are your lives so empty that you feel the need to insult me just to make yourselves feel better? I suggest you guys take some lessons on how to be more mature before socializing with anybody else any further.

Why don't you get some lives of your own instead of making someone else's life miserable?
Wait, what does this have to do with cartoons?

I personally think Tom and Jerry is a great cartoon. Not as great as Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes, but still pretty good. It's intended for younger kids who don't care at all about how deep a plot is in a cartoon.

GODFUCKING DAMN IT.

SUPERJEFF YOU SHOULDA HAVE TAKEN THIS TO OPINIONS ABOUT SHOWS/CARTOONS THREAD.

THIS IS THE SHOW/CARTOONS YOU SHOULD NEVER WATCH THREAD. NOT THE RANT ABOUT TOM AND JERRY THREAD.

Mason said:
And here's some guilty pleasures (shows that I DO like, but I guess I should never watch)
  • Chalk Zone
  • Danny Phantom
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Fightning Foodons
  • Hamtaro
  • Sabrina the Animated Series
  • Sailor Moon
  • Teenage Robot

I decided to only list 8 of each.
Wait, I'm a bit confused by what you mean by this.

Personally, I think that no one should be watching Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. The commercials are enough to turn people away.

I don't like the more recent Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents shows compared to the earlier ones

Pinkie Pie said:
Mason said:
And here's some guilty pleasures (shows that I DO like, but I guess I should never watch)
  • Chalk Zone
  • Danny Phantom
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Fightning Foodons
  • Hamtaro
  • Sailor Moon
  • Teenage Robot

I'm guessing that these may not be "gender/age appropriate."

Well, Mason is 20 and he still watches cartoons, but all the things that were listed there are cartoons as well, so I don't really get it.

Pinkie Pie said:
Mason said:
  • Chalk Zone
  • Danny Phantom
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Fightning Foodons
  • Hamtaro
  • Sailor Moon
  • Teenage Robot

These are guilty pleasures for Mason. Just means he does enjoy these cartoons but hears that it's not very popular to say you like these cartoons. Of that list I watched and liked were Danny Phantom and Teenage Robot. The rest were meh but I did catch at least some of their episodes. Fighting Foodons in particular was really weird, but it was on around the same time as Ultimate Muscle. Another ultimately (no pun intended) weird show.

My #1 Guilty Pleasure though is Space Jam.

Yeah I know it's a movie. But it's still an example of a guilty pleasure. I KNOW people weren't really fond of the movie via complaints about the Looney Tunes not being that funny, Michael Jordan maybe not doing that good of an acting job, and Lola Bunny gets flack as well. But I still love that movie despite that.

So guilty pleasure means like shows that have their flaws but are still good in peoples' opinions despite them?

I define a guilty pleasure as liking something you know is bad. I, for instance, love terrible b-movies.

Northern Verve said:
Yeah I know it's a movie. But it's still an example of a guilty pleasure. I KNOW people weren't really fond of the movie via complaints about the Looney Tunes not being that funny, Michael Jordan maybe not doing that good of an acting job, and Lola Bunny gets flack as well. But I still love that movie despite that.

I thought the Looney Tunes were funny, didn't expect much out of MJ since he's not an actor by trade, and what's wrong with Lola?

Mario4Ever said:
Northern Verve said:

I thought the Looney Tunes were funny, didn't expect much out of MJ since he's not an actor by trade, and what's wrong with Lola?

Some people called Lola a "Mary Sue" (Kinda hate that when people try to apply that to canon characters. Mary Sue characterization were made to poke fun at fan characters). Plus you know the hatedom on furries and such. I know most of the Looney tunes are animals. But Lola's a special case for having well.. what the Nostalgia Critic called "Bunny Boobies"

Northern Verve said:
Mario4Ever said:
Northern Verve said:

Some people called Lola a "Mary Sue" (Kinda hate that when people try to apply that to canon characters. Mary Sue characterization were made to poke fun at fan characters). Plus you know the hatedom on furries and such. I know most of the Looney tunes are animals. But Lola's a special case for having well.. what the Nostalgia Critic called "Bunny Boobies"

Ah, I see...well, no one complained about Berri a few years later. I guess the masses weren't into brunettes. ;)

'3K said:
I define a guilty pleasure as liking something you know is bad. I, for instance, love terrible b-movies.
So you mean like the Super Mario Bros. movie?
Mason said:
  • Chalk Zone
  • Danny Phantom
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Teenage Robot
In this case, I don't think these really apply as I know these aren't bad IMO.

Pinkie Pie said:
Most Dragon Ball fans I know despise DBGT.

Teenage Robot isn't gender appropriate for me, Danny Phantom gets criticized for its puns and not being as popular as FoP, and Chalkzone was seen as a "bad nickelodeon cartoon" by everyone I knew IRL when it came out.

Mason said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Most Dragon Ball fans I know despise DBGT.

Teenage Robot isn't gender appropriate for me, Danny Phantom gets criticized for its puns and not being as popular as FoP, and Chalkzone was seen as a "bad nickelodeon cartoon" by everyone I knew IRL when it came out.

I like GT and I'm a huge fan of DBZ. I just think DBZ and DB were better. I don't totally hate GT. It got SUPER SAIYAN 4!

Back