Shows/Cartoons you should never watch

It's still a classic though

Superjeff stole the words out of my mouth.

I would've posted them myself if I hadn't had so much homework.

Lemmeee think.

anything new and unfunny in CN and Nickelodeon.

AND I don't recomend Power Rangers Samurai (I preffer the older ones) and Supah Ninjas.

I don't like seasons 8-15 of Thomas the Tank Engine, but DO watch seasons 1-6. I'm kinda neutral on 7, most episodes are good, some are cheesy, and others are flat-out bad.

Michelangelo said:
Michelangelo said:
Tom and Jerry way too predictable and as much as I love violence, I hate shows that have violence that isn't necessary.

Also, there's no actual plot.

Watching Tom & Jerry for its plot is like playing a Mario game for its plot.

apocalypseArisen said:
Michelangelo said:
Michelangelo said:
Tom and Jerry way too predictable and as much as I love violence, I hate shows that have violence that isn't necessary.

Also, there's no actual plot.

Watching Tom & Jerry for it's plot is like playing a Mario game for it's plot.

At least Mario has some kind of plot.

Michelangelo said:
Tom and Jerry=cartoon

Mario game= video game

Your comparison of the 2=fail

It seems you failed to recognize the point I was making.

Vlad Plasmius said:
At least Mario has some kind of plot.

So does Tom & Jerry, it may be a shitty plot, but at least it's a plot.

apocalypseArisen said:
Michelangelo said:
Tom and Jerry=cartoon

Mario game= video game

Your comparison of the 2=fail

It seems you failed to recognize the point I was making.

That's because it's a lousy point. You can't expect a plot from a video game because it's a game, you have some control over what happens.

Plots are important in cartoons because you can't control anything so a good plot is needed to keep viewers entertained.

>>expecting any kind of meaningful plot from Tom & Jerry

I don't know if you could miss the point of Tom & Jerry any harder.

Michelangelo said:
That's because it's a lousy point.

If random scenes of mindless, unnecessary violence and a lack of a plot are all that's needed to make a good cartoon, then by your logic, there's no such thing as a bad cartoon.

In this thread: Superjeff displays his tremendous ability to completely miss the point of a cartoon and act extremely self-righteous and condescending about it.

Also known as: Shut up, Superjeff, no one cares what you think.

this

Not safe for work. or sanity.

I agree with everything listed in this thread except:

Michelangelo said:
1980's TMNT
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
Tom and Jerry
Powerpuff Girls
I love those shows. I was planning on having quotes from more people but I guess superjeff64 is the only one in this thread with awful taste in cartoons. Now I'll list some cartoons I don't like.
  • As Told by Ginger
  • Camp Lazlo
  • Kappa Mikey
  • Mucha Lucha
  • Rocket Power
  • Rugrats (after season 1)
  • Rugrats All Grown Up
  • Totally Spies

And here's some guilty pleasures (shows that I DO like, but I guess I should never watch)
  • Chalk Zone
  • Danny Phantom
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Fightning Foodons
  • Hamtaro
  • Sabrina the Animated Series
  • Sailor Moon
  • Teenage Robot

I decided to only list 8 of each.

I can't think of anything to never watch. Probably because I'll watch anything at least once.

And because you guys already named the few that I'd list (like Problem Solverz). :I

Anything SpongeBob after season four. It's gotten pretty bad recently. (though there are a few good episodes here and there)

Oh and Big Time Rush. Shitty band, shitty show.

And you've yet to provide good reasons why they're bad.

Grand Wheelie said:
And you've yet to provide good reasons why they're bad.

Regarding Tom and Jerry, you obviously didn't read my previous posts.

Here's my reason for Powerpuff Girls.

Michelangelo said:
I hardly consider the PPG as heroes considering they've done some un-heroric things before. (They beat up that clown and threw him in jail for making everything black, white and silent even though it wasn't really his fault and there was this episode where the professor was sleepwalking and robbed a toy store in the process. Rather than return the toys, they manipulated the professor even more to get all the toys they could ever want. I know they're just kids, but...still.)

I didn't insult you - I insulted your taste in cartoons. Calling you butthurt was probably closer to an insult but neither post was intended to be an attack.

Still, insluting my taste in cartoons was flawed considering you don't even know what cartoons I watch except for Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, and T.U.F.F. Puppy and excluding the last one, you watch those shows as well, so you were also insulting your own taste in cartoons. Brilliant job.

Back