The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

Glad you made it past the Dowsing part. Those five keys were in the most annoying places.

Devil Jin said:
The only reason I couldn't find some Is because I thought going into that red hot lava area would kill me.
It's rigged so that if you try to go to Fire Sanctuary, you'll lose as many hearts as it's possible to have at that point. I narrowly escaped the first time I went through there.

You'd need to get through to Fire Sanctuary with the basin of water, and that's impossible without having healed the Water Dragon.

No. You also need the Clawshots to get into Fire Sanctuary. But just to humor you, assuming you could make it into Fire Sanctuary itself, no. You need the Clawshots for several portions in Fire Sanctuary as well. Which is pretty much the antithesis of what TP did (placing one gimmick in there using an item so you'd have to have had it), so that was done better than there I suppose.

I was right about the final boss of the Sandship. It was a glitch, which makes it the second time I had to restart the game from the last saved point and continue. The squid was awesome, and I discovered a very unintentional, but very effective way of avoiding attacks in the second phase. I was also right about how much I would dread the final Silent Realm at Eldin Volcano. But on the bright side, the 6th Temple (if you can even call it a temple), was the easiest temple in the game. Actually, the Skyview Temple is the easiest, but proprotionally to my added skill level, the 6th had to be easier, because I need absolutely no hints. Most of it was repeated puzzles. Then I had to defeat Demise again. Which I wasn't happy about, and now I'm in Skyloft again, unsure what to do now. I feel very close.

DragonFreak said:
And oh yeah, Lord Ghirahim second time around, AWESOME!
The only reason I beat him in my first try was due to the fact I had a fairy. He was so hard, but not compared to his final battle. I hate when stabbing is required. It's the only reason I had trouble with Moldarach. However, I think I have found a trick to stabbing.

DragonFreak said:
I was right about the final boss of the Sandship. It was a glitch, which makes it the second time I had to restart the game from the last saved point and continue. The squid was awesome, and I discovered a very unintentional, but very effective way of avoiding attacks in the second phase. I was also right about how much I would dread the final Silent Realm at Eldin Volcano. But on the bright side, the 6th Temple (if you can even call it a temple), was the easiest temple in the game. Actually, the Skyview Temple is the easiest, but proprotionally to my added skill level, the 6th had to be easier, because I need absolutely no hints. Most of it was repeated puzzles. Then I had to defeat Demise again. Which I wasn't happy about, and now I'm in Skyloft again, unsure what to do now. I feel very close.

Was the way of avoiding attacks in the second phase jumping off the edge then immediately drawing out your bow and not charging and shooting the eye in a super fast time? That's what I did. Other wise I would've died.

Yoshiwalker said:
So is this game amazing or should I just go spend my $60 on something else?
It depends. If you're annoyed by the increasing tendency Zelda has to be in love with its own past and reluctance to actually give us more than four areas to explore, and having an influx of old mechanics reused, then definitely no. If you think this is why you love Zelda or some convoluted thing like that, then please do yourself a favor and buy this game.

Magus said:
Yoshiwalker said:
It depends. If you're annoyed by the increasing tendency Zelda has to be in love with its own past and reluctance to actually give us more than four areas to explore
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yoshiwalker said:
Magus said:
Yoshiwalker said:
It depends. If you're annoyed by the increasing tendency Zelda has to be in love with its own past and reluctance to actually give us more than four areas to explore
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
To summarize, it's basically like this:
*Explore area A
*Explore area B
*Explore area A
*Explore area C
*Explore area A
*Explore area D
*Plot stuff in area B
*Explore area E
*Explore area B
*Explore area E
*Explore area C
*Explore area E
*Explore area D
*Explore area F
*Explore area B
*Explore area C
*Explore area D
*Explore area A
*Endgame temple and boss fights.

Areas E and F are very simple and basically consist of being forced to travel to one place just to receive a plot mechanic.

Oh no, Skyward Sword makes just about everything look good in terms of backtracking.

I didnt mind the back tracking. Flying wasnt very fun due to being slow but everything else was good.

I liked the idea of flooding Faron Woods but jeez, having to look for tiny fish notes? Bit too much there.

Back