The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

The way I beat him was first phase I did backflips and side jups to avoid, in second phase, when you lift p your sword, he dashes at you so get the lightning then backflip and he misses and while he's recovering from the miss I hit him wit it. Then I spam sliced him and used a finishing blow. If your fast enoug with the slashing you can even kill him in me finishing blow. Chances are, he will almost always dodge 1 or 2 finishing blows.

Also the jump he does for the finishing blow is pretty fucking epic. It's like a flip thingy the. A thunder strike then bam. Dead.

Discord said:
I hated my first visit there, it was too big and open.

Getting the parts to that generator thing took forever.

Magus said:
Yes, there is a Skyloft Silent Realm level, and it is supremely brutal. Of course, because of that and several other elements in the game, it annoys me far less than any of the other three. There were at least three places where it was nearly impossible to avoid getting caught by a Watcher, and Skyloft is pretty big. The final dungeon sucks horribly though, so don't get your hopes up there.
Was I the only one who didn't find this too hard?

I only found myself in extreme danger at three or four points, but it wasn't a pushover, either.

Also, regarding a few things.

Why did the gods create the Triforce? They just screwed themselves over.

Yeah, the Gods of Hyrule seem to have almost as many problems as the Greek pantheon....

Next, the eternal question of the powerful boss.

Why didn't Demise just kill Link when he saw that Link was winning?

He's a cliched final boss.

In which game? OoT was not really, and I know TP is definitely not.

Well, all you have to do in TP is run around in circles until he leaves himself open for attack.

OoT is fairly simple when you come with 20 hearts, all Great Fairy upgrades, the Biggoron's Sword, four bottles, filled with one fairy and three blue potions, and the ability to strafe around a Z-targeted enemy.

Magus said:
Well, all you have to do in TP is run around in circles until he leaves himself open for attack.

OoT is fairly simple when you come with 20 hearts, all Great Fairy upgrades, the Biggoron's Sword, four bottles, filled with one fairy and three blue potions, and the ability to strafe around a Z-targeted enemy.
Oh yeah that's real simple.
Anyway, my strategy for the final boss was to bring two red potions and one guardian potion - the first phase was easy, anyway.

Discord said:
Magus said:
Yes, there is a Skyloft Silent Realm level, and it is supremely brutal. Of course, because of that and several other elements in the game, it annoys me far less than any of the other three. There were at least three places where it was nearly impossible to avoid getting caught by a Watcher, and Skyloft is pretty big. The final dungeon sucks horribly though, so don't get your hopes up there.
Actually, those two parts were one of the most fun parts in the game. Here's what I thought of the final dungeon:
I love last levels where everything comes together, everything you learned is there. Seriously, the hardest part was the two mini-bosses to get the first and third triforce.

DragonFreak said:
Discord said:
Magus said:
Actually, those two parts were one of the most fun parts in the game. Here's what I thought of the final dungeon:
I love last levels where everything comes together, everything you learned is there. Seriously, the hardest part was the two mini-bosses to get the first and third triforce.
I didn't really like the last dungeon.

My thoughts:
With Skyloft silent realm, it was near impossiblet avoid some of the watchers. If you ran away strategically from the enemies then yo could do good. But sometimes the water from the lake would sneak a splash on you and rise from below the ground.
The last dungeon sucked for me, puzzles like that are horrid. I ended up needing a guide so I knew where to put the rooms. The rest wasn't too bad.

And I also loved how it all came together at the end, so many questions throughout the game and they were explained. And the part after the silent realm where you get the stone and put it on the eye of the duck statue. And I liked that if you went into the sealed grounds temple and look through a crack in the door you can see the orange crystal.

This game has quite a few plot holes. For instance, Zelda put herself to sleep so that she could keep watch over Demise and thus keep him from awakening, correct? I think that was the reason. But if so, then how come Demise started awakening before she went out of her sleep, and how come Ghirahim could raise Demise in Hylia's Realm?

Discord said:
This game has quite a few plot holes. For instance, Zelda put herself to sleep so that she could keep watch over Demise and thus keep him from awakening, correct? I think that was the reason. But if so, then how come Demise started awakening before she went out of her sleep, and how come Ghirahim could raise Demise in Hylia's Realm?
Let me see if I remember correctly: In the past, Zelda put herself to sleep. After Demise was defeated in the present, then she became awake. Then Lord Ghirahim kidnapped her to take her to the past where Demise was not defeated and revive him. Also, I think that in the present Demise, Zelda being asleep wasn't enough for him to escape, that's why the events had to happen and that exact moment. Does that make sense, or did I just repeat exactly what you just said?

The game really doesn't make sense because if Zelda was sleeping in Sealed Temple all that time, she would have never lived on Skyloft or had known Link.

What happened: Hylia was reincarnated as Zelda. Zelda grows up on Skyloft and is kidnapped. She goes to the Sealed Temple where she is instructed by Impa to purify herself. She is then guided by young Impa to a Gate of Time, where she travels back in time, seals herself and awakens in the present.

Well, I finally got around to playing the game. So far, it's alright. I can't wait to get to the point where I can go on side quests and upgrade items, though, that sounds like the good stuff!

There were a couple of things that stuck out to me, though.

Firstly, Groose, he's set up to be the dumb, bully character that we're supposed to hate, but I find myself sympathizing with him. I mean, he wants to be with Zelda, but how can he compete when she and Link have been childhood friends. Not to mention, Link's young and handsome, and while Groose is big and strong, he's not exactly a looker. I feel like, if he didn't resort to cheating and bullying Link all the time, he MIGHT have a chance with Zelda.

Speaking of Zelda, I like that her character was re-written so she's less of a pure-hearted damsel in distress type, like how Tetra was ORIGINALLY supposed to be. However, I do think she comes off as a pushy bitch... quite literally, when it came to pushing Link off a cliff so he could call his big red bird, only for it not to come and leave him plummeting to his doom. Yeah, thanks. :rolleyes:

Maybe if we were given more context about Groose's previous actions, and if we've seen more of Zelda, I MIGHT be able to understand where they're coming from with these two, but since Link's a mute like always, this "love triangle" doesn't really have much tension to it.

Also, Fi. All those people who complained how slow she talked, I didn't get that vibe. It looked like she talked about just as fast as any other character. I will say this, though, her attempts a "robotic/computer" dialogue left me rolling my eyes at how cliche it seemed. In fact, that's PROBABLY the best way I can sum up what I've seen so far, cliche. Perhaps once I've played it more and get deeper into the story, I'll be able to understand and relate to these characters more.

The actualy gameplay... took a while to get used to. There's SO much thrown at you, and while you do get to practice at it, I still found myself checking to see if I was holding the Wii Remote properly while swinging my sword. I also STILL couldn't get the hand of riding on my Loftwing. It's a good thing I couldn't possible lose the Wing Ceremony, so all I did was look like an idiot while trying to fly my bird right.

Lastly, a very nit-picky complaint. The texture they chose for some of the textboxes and the color they chose for the highlighted words almost made them unreadable. Like when I got the Goddess Sword, or when I got that tablet thing...

Overall, there's definitely a lot set up for an epic game, and I've only just scratched the surface of it!

Back