Mario Sports Mix

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
I hate Ninja's special in Basketball. It's too random.

Good when you're the one using it; annoying when you're against it.

And I'm usually against him

Wario tends to be rather inconvenient in Dodgeball. His defensive maneuver is quite tough to use properly, which is a problem when he finishes a jump attack. And of course, because his defensive move involves repelling dodgeballs, he's completely helpless against item attacks. Basically, apart from his sheer strength, Wario's tactics in Dodgeball are rather lackluster.

Donkey Kong, on the other hand, has a more effective defensive maneuver, which is less likely to fail. He's still helpless against item attacks though.

Yoshi isn't that great when he charges up and tosses the Dodgeball either, because he has an animation lag that makes him susceptible to counterattacks.

I think Luigi is the same, but you can correct me.

I was thinking about Feed Petey, though. Luigi's animation lag of a charged up ball makes it slower for him to recover.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshi isn't that great when he charges up and tosses the Dodgeball either, because he has an animation lag that makes him susceptible to counterattacks.

At least Yoshi can avoid most item attacks with his defensive move, so he's a much better Dodgeball player than Wario.

Speaking of Luigi, I just love it how his dashing attack is a reference to Super Smash Bros. Melee

^^Same thing with Mario and Toad, but they don't have a laggy charge up.

Luigi's hitting-like-crazy attack comes from Super Smash Bros., too.

Have you noticed that pressing the Z button on the nunchuk in Dodgeball makes you able to back up, but not turn around? I think this technique can help when it comes to retreating.

Why does Waluigi have a different dodge than other technique characters? Or am I wrong?

The White Mage is a decent Dodgeball player. Although she's helpless against item attacks, she can repel normal attacks with her defensive maneuver, and her Special Shot is pretty effective against slower opponents. In terms of jump attacks, she pretty much has to rely on her teammates to handle that matter without the risk of taking damage.

In Dodgeball, Technical characters do have a problem with their fully charged attacks, since the curves that their shots make aren't very fast, and are often easy to stop. Even the Black Mage's fully charged shot isn't that reliable. Basically, your best option is to do fake outs to fool your opponents, and then attack for real when you catch your target off guard.

Slime is Tricky yet more of a Power Character.Its fort seems to depend of the sport.In Basketball,it can CATCH thrown basketballs,but gravity is not his friend.In Hockey,his special shot is good to prevent blockings,but speed is essential out of special shots and it lacks that.In Dodgeball,I guess it has a tricky charge shot,yet its special move is pretty useless here.I can't find a fort for Slime in Volleyball,and its special move is also pretty much a balance weapon,unlike the other sports,but it beats its Basketball usefulness.

Back