• Wario

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The babies

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Donkey Kong
Not a lot of people have him as their favorite character and he is one of the least talked about main character.

The babies: People tend to exclude them out of their predicted rosters. I am totally fine with excluding Baby Peach and Baby Daisy (or the ones in Mario Super Sluggers), but Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are no. Both these guys appear in a quite well-known game, Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island and both play a big role here. Plus, the idea of a baby version of Mario playable at the same time sounded quite unique and very weird. But Baby Luigi should be the ceiling of the addition of baby characters, since Nintendo got slightly overboard with them.

Wario: Ah, the fat man "everyone" hates. I even admit, he's underrated. Very few people has him as a favorite character, but in my honest opinion, he's a very funny character who has tons of personality and humor in him. Sure he might be a little mean, sure he might be a little stinky, but overall, he's a good, quirky, comic relief character.

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong is a prime example of underrated. He's been around since the very beginnings of Mario (don't get this argument, "but that was Cranky Kong!! :P). Yet....he doesn't get any love. For example, I never ever hear people say, "I hope Donkey Kong returns in that game! He's my favorite character!". Donkey Kong is a cool character. Not only he sounds funny and is a funny opponent, he's fun to play as too. I played only Donkey Kong 64, but I didn't mind controlling a big furry ape at all.

I'm quite surprised you said Wario.

Wario isn't underrated! Everyone keeps talking about him! </joke>

Mario is underrated. Nintendo may treat him like a god, but the fans treat him otherwise. Mario doesn't have a big fanbase compared to people like Luigi, Rosalina, or Geno. I think people dislike him because he is a personality-less spotlight hog. The same can be said of Yoshi (his personality and time in the spotlight is nearly identical), but some fans worship this sick green sludge.

Toad.... people think he is a sidekick, so he isn't important. I don't need to continue.

The babies: People don't like them because they are uncreative unoriginal ripoffs, yet their reaction to Metal Mario's inclusion is generally,"Cool! I'll play as him!" Hypocrites?

Mario, again, has a lot of spotlight, but when it comes to overrating and underrating, it's usually the fans doing this. In this case, I don't see any zealous Mario fans.

I find Peach underrated, I hear most people criticize her since she's always getting kidnapped and doesn't do anything when she's about to be kidnapped. I don't like Peach, but I don't hate her either.

yoshi123 said:
I find Peach underrated, I hear most people criticize her since she's always getting kidnapped and doesn't do anything when she's about to be kidnapped. I don't like Peach, but I don't hate her either.
Yeah why do they always be mean to her, why do they not care for her sometimes.

I don't see plenty of Peach fans around here either.

Me too. I usually see more Peach hate than Peach love.

Peach was one of my mains in Mario Kart 64

Yeah, Peach is unique among rich kids and royalty considering she's not a stereotypical spoiled brat or a dictator type ruler (unless you count the comics).

Besides Peach has some pretty good moves in the games she's playable in.

IMO, she has the best offensive power shot in MPT and her parasol in SPM is the ultimate defensive weapon since nothing can hurt her, although it does prevent her from moving and fighting back.

Who's more underrated, Peach or Daisy?

Honestly, I can't tell. Although it seems like Daisy's more popular since she a tomboy instead of a stereotypical girly girl like Peach. I for one like both. Not many people are willing to put one, let alone both of them on their list of Mario characters.

I never found Peach and Daisy's voice to be annoying

I think Peach's voice could use a little bit of work. Otherwise, I agree. I love making Daisy go "Hi, I'm Daisy!" in Double Dash just to annoy my friends. >: )

Isn't the "Hi, I'm Daisy!" quote a little bit exaggerated?

More than a little bit.

I would like to bring up the SMB2 bosses, Triclyde in particular. They don't get enough love.

'3K said:
I would like to bring up the SMB2 bosses, Triclyde in particular. They don't get enough love.

I totally agree with this

I think the SMB2 bosses apart from Mouser, Birdo and Wart are all very weird and random ideas.

Underrated in their games is different from underrated to the fans.

Donkey Kong gets very little fan love sadly. Toad gets more fanart than he does!

However Donkey Kong gets more role in video games than Toad. So there are two different ways of looking at this.

Games can be different from their characters (Donkey Kong Country is a widely praised game). But Donkey Kong himself is basically nonexistent in the Marioverse. I like Donkey Kong. He's my next choice of opponents if Wario isn't available.

I don't mind him or have him but I never use him in spin offs.

Back