Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Wario

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The babies

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
^I find this quite surprising as well. While Bowser Jr. may be one of my favourite characters, I don't really think that he is underrated. Perhaps he is underrated to the fans as a result of the loss of the Koopalings; however, in terms of the games, Jr. is not at one bit neglected. He is still a relatively new character, and already he has obtained major roles in several games since his debut in Super Mario Sunshine.

kat-rin koopa said:
Hmm, with all this sudden Toad/Yoshi factioning going on, it amazes me that Bowser Jr's managed to creep into the lead silently. :/

That said, I'll be throwing a penny in for him too. Not just because he's my favourite Mario character (but that is a factor :V), but more for the fact how some detractors treat him as someone who has no personality to his name and is just a Bowser-lite. On the contrary, there is plenty of personality there, and a lot of it is strikingly contrasting;

-The one personality trait that usually matters in a story is that he idolises and swears unfazed loyalty to his dad. Certainly everyone notes this anyway, but it's still something given that most offspring of villains end up turning on their parents to usurp the throne (It's actually quite a testament to daddy Koopa, really; others can't even keep one kid loyal, and he has eight kids who do his bidding. :/).

-I'd say the next important element is that Bowser Jr really is a jack of all trades. Someone else mentioned that he has various methods of attacking and stalling. This can be backed up by how varied his stats and positions are in the sports spin-offs (he's been power, tricky, speed and all-around), whereas his father never veers from his power category and is a one-trick pony in many regards.

-In terms of hobbies and other miscellaneous bits, Bowser Jr is undeniably an artistic and expressionist child, a trait he may share with siblings like Ludwig and Lemmy (if the basic personalities I've gathered of them is correct). Other games have suggested other hidden depths to him, like how he has a lonely side and is apparently a perfectionist. Certainly a contrast to his dad, who is considerably more content with having his troops at his side alone, and is a technical-minded guy who doesn't fuss over the details as long as the general plan gets things done.

-Also, dare I suggest that Bowser Jr may be...smarter than his father? Then again, it doesn't take much to do that given how his characterisation has been since 2002 (who can forget how Bowser tried to fool his son into believing Peach was his mother...and how his son didn't believe it for a second and just played along for his own aims. Bear in mind that he couldn't have been any more than ten years old in SMS, I personally pin him down as seven back then).

Altogether, I'm sure that King Bowser II would have a very different reign to that of his forerunner, even if he wants to be like him at this moment in time. Then again, I'm known for overanalysing things like this far further than most.

And I loves me some Yoshi goodness. :3

I really like this post.

Back