Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The babies

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
And my Rosalina fangirlism was bad?
OMG they look so simular

With all the bullshit Yoshi hating here, Yoshi could very well be considered underrated.

Though I don't think he's overrated or underrated.

wildestScribest said:
Rosalina has only mad a few appearances but most people prefer her to peach! however recently theere has been nothingnew! when do you recon she will be in a game, mario party 9? olympic games next part?
what about you!
I used to think Rosalina was Underrated, Yoshi is overrated, I do not hate him, but it is the truth.

He isn't overrated. I've seen plenty of Yoshi hate. He isn't underrated either, he has a lot of fans. He's more in the middle.

What? Poochy isn't even close to overrated.

pLEASE DON'T DOUBLE POST.
Also Please don't do a Lily-fangirl defender, the reputation will stain you forever.

Yoshi is not underrated, he is overrated and too popular. I think that Peach, Toad, and the babies receive too much hate and deserve better roles!

MagicalToadette! said:
Yoshi is not underrated, he is overrated and too popular. I think that Peach, Toad, and the babies receive too much hate and deserve better roles!

You call someone who is often stuck as a mere sidekick overrated? Sounds more like an underrated scenario.

Yoshi is not usually a mere sidekick compared to Luigi. Heck, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, he's like a second star in the boxart where Luigi is not even there at all

MagicalToadette! said:
I think that Toad receive(s) too much hate

Toad is very popular :|

Toad doesn't receive much hate, he just passes on unnoticed

Toad is very popular :|

Toad may be popular, but compared to Yoshi his popularity is little. Toad deserves better roles than he does now. Like Baby Luigi mentioned, he is usually gone unnoticed in most games (even though he was made years before Yoshi's creation).

Yoshi is not usually a mere sidekick compared to Luigi. Heck, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, he's like a second star in the boxart where Luigi is not even there at all

Very true. Luigi is a much more prominent character; however, for some reason Yoshi is always portrayed to being more important than he is. Sometimes, it seems as though Nintendo makes Yoshi seem more important than Luigi.

You call someone who is often stuck as a mere sidekick overrated? Sounds more like an underrated scenario.

Yoshi is still too heavily promoted even with this role in the Mario games. He plays a little role in NSMB Wii; however, the Yoshis make a big appearance on the box art for no apparent reason. Additionally, I don't think Yoshi is a sidekick in his own games. He already has more games than almost any other character except Mario or Wario.

Baby Luigi said:

That's really only one example. Luigi literally stars in three games with Mario, while Yoshi is still just a powerup in most games he's in with Mario, including Super Mario Galaxy 2.

That does not change the fact that Yoshi is featured more prominently in the Mario games (with his announcements of being in a game being more larger than Luigi's or any other character). Also Yoshi has his own line of games which most other Mario characters unfortunately do not have.

Propeller Toad said:
That does not change the fact that Yoshi is featured more prominently in the Mario games (with his announcements of being in a game being more larger than Luigi's or any other character). Also Yoshi has his own line of games which most other Mario characters unfortunately do not have.

He's not really featured more prominently so much as he's announced more prominently. Sure, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii featured Yoshi in the trailers, but when you get right down to it he's still just a powerup. Both Luigi and the Toads were actually playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii while Yoshi was limited to certain levels.

Yoshi does have more games than other characters, but those games are significantly lower in popularity and hype than that of games where Mario does star in, or even other characters games. Luigi's series had a small part in Nintendo's E3 conference, but Yoshi was no where to be seen. Plus, I think Luigi's Mansion was more hyped than Yoshi games coming out at that period (though, I honestly don't remember. I'm pretty sure it was hyped better than most Yoshi games have ever been).

Look Yoshi is anything but underrated, nothing agaisnt him but during the wii era I think I have seen more than enough Yoshi...

My opinion that he isn't overrated or underrated still stands.

(the complaints on both sides make me think this even more)

Hmm, with all this sudden Toad/Yoshi factioning going on, it amazes me that Bowser Jr's managed to creep into the lead silently. :/

That said, I'll be throwing a penny in for him too. Not just because he's my favourite Mario character (but that is a factor :V), but more for the fact how some detractors treat him as someone who has no personality to his name and is just a Bowser-lite. On the contrary, there is plenty of personality there, and a lot of it is strikingly contrasting;

-The one personality trait that usually matters in a story is that he idolises and swears unfazed loyalty to his dad. Certainly everyone notes this anyway, but it's still something given that most offspring of villains end up turning on their parents to usurp the throne (It's actually quite a testament to daddy Koopa, really; others can't even keep one kid loyal, and he has eight kids who do his bidding. :/).

-I'd say the next important element is that Bowser Jr really is a jack of all trades. Someone else mentioned that he has various methods of attacking and stalling. This can be backed up by how varied his stats and positions are in the sports spin-offs (he's been power, tricky, speed and all-around), whereas his father never veers from his power category and is a one-trick pony in many regards.

-In terms of hobbies and other miscellaneous bits, Bowser Jr is undeniably an artistic and expressionist child, a trait he may share with siblings like Ludwig and Lemmy (if the basic personalities I've gathered of them is correct). Other games have suggested other hidden depths to him, like how he has a lonely side and is apparently a perfectionist. Certainly a contrast to his dad, who is considerably more content with having his troops at his side alone, and is a technical-minded guy who doesn't fuss over the details as long as the general plan gets things done.

-Also, dare I suggest that Bowser Jr may be...smarter than his father? Then again, it doesn't take much to do that given how his characterisation has been since 2002 (who can forget how Bowser tried to fool his son into believing Peach was his mother...and how his son didn't believe it for a second and just played along for his own aims. Bear in mind that he couldn't have been any more than ten years old in SMS, I personally pin him down as seven back then).

Altogether, I'm sure that King Bowser II would have a very different reign to that of his forerunner, even if he wants to be like him at this moment in time. Then again, I'm known for overanalysing things like this far further than most.

And I loves me some Yoshi goodness. :3

Back