Overrated Mario Characters (besides Yoshi)

Who do you think is the most overrated Mario Character?

• Mario

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Fawful

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The babies

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toad

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Peach

• Waluigi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

• Koopalings

• Geno

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, but your view on how a character is rated contrasts with my view, so we would tend to disagree with each other, like I would definitely agree that Mario is an underrated character, despite the amount of games he is the star.

Out of question! Of course not! I don't HATE him, but he's funny to torture, but he's ugly, mean, and fat.

But Wario isn't overrated.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Out of question! Of course not! I don't HATE him, but he's funny to torture, but he's ugly, mean, and fat.

That is what I feel about him aswell.

I would be sad if Wario was destroyed and never came back, even though that sounds funny.

Ornithologist Mario said:

Exactly what I think too except for the overrated part. NSY knows which villian I hate more than Wario

Anyway, whoever said Waluigi was overrated should look up how Nintendo and the fans treat him.

Hm, how? Is it because the fans or the amount of games she appeared?

I don't see fans drooling over her.

Daisy? I thought people hate her because of a single quote from a game and the fact the has appeared in almost no mainstream games.

I like her because of her voice, but I don't worship her.

She sounds funny when she falls in a pit in Mario Party 8.

My determination for an overrated character is a popularity in-game to popularity of fans ratio. If the ratio is small (1:4 or so), I consider them overrated. If the ratio is big (4:1), he or she is underrated.

For the most part, Waluigi isn't that liked by fans. But because of the little amount he's done in games he's been in, I'd consider his ratio to be small. I think he's given too much credit.

I consider Luigi to be overrated. The fans STILL say, "OMG HE'S OVERSHADOWED BY MARIO ALL THE TIME IT'S TIME FOR LUIGI TO SHINE!!!" but consider that, recently, Luigi has appeared in ALL games Mario has appeared in. He's as overshadowed by Mario these days as much as Peach or Bowser are overshadowed by Mario. Besides, Luigi isn't that great, even though I do like him.

Geno. As awesome as he was, he's only playable in one game. That ratio just doesn't work out.

Bowser Junior is also heavily overrated. He's simply a clone of Bowser and yet the fans think he's the best thing ever. I think he's annoying.

Koopalings are somewhat overrated, but only because Nintendo could have done a far better job with them and they didn't. AFAIK, that's what the fans hope for.

Fawful because fans took his personality and turned it into a mindless Internet cult. I did not find him to be that great.

Luigi is also somewhat overrated, but that's largely due to the whole "Weegee" phenomenon and the huge fangirl obsession with him. And good luck trying to dissuade a fangirl.

Well, Nintendo often chooses not to use the Koopalings much. They only had three mainstream appearances so far; this does not involve RPGs.

Ironfoot said:
Bowser Junior is also heavily overrated. He's simply a clone of Bowser and yet the fans think he's the best thing ever. I think he's annoying.

There's not that many fans of Bowser Jr., though. At least not here. I mostly see hate.

Leonyx said:
My determination for an overrated character is a popularity in-game to popularity of fans ratio. If the ratio is small (1:4 or so), I consider them overrated. If the ratio is big (4:1), he or she is underrated.

For the most part, Waluigi isn't that liked by fans. But because of the little amount he's done in games he's been in, I'd consider his ratio to be small. I think he's given too much credit.

Uh, ok...

Chandelure said:
Leonyx said:

Uh, ok...

Okay what?

Baby Luigi said:
I consider Luigi to be overrated. The fans STILL say, "OMG HE'S OVERSHADOWED BY MARIO ALL THE TIME IT'S TIME FOR LUIGI TO SHINE!!!" but consider that, recently, Luigi has appeared in ALL games Mario has appeared in. He's as overshadowed by Mario these days as much as Peach or Bowser are overshadowed by Mario. Besides, Luigi isn't that great, even though I do like him.

I kinda have to agree with you. I wouldn't say he's overshadowing Mario, but he is really popular.

Back