Mario Tennis Open

True, plus Rosalina can use magic and all which means she can fit as Tricky.

MnSG said:
Okay, after what has been revealed last night, some major rethinking is in progress with the unlockables...

Bold: Confirmed

Baby Mario (Speedy)
Baby Peach (Technique)
Rosalina (Tricky)
Luma (Defense)
If Baby Mario and Baby Peach get in and not Baby Luigi. I wonder how BLOF would act.

Yeah, the other two unlockables have to be Baby Mario and Rosalina. There's no way they'd have Baby Peach without Baby Mario or Luma without Rosalina.

Also, the European preview trailer says "16 characters and more to unlock."

When it said more surprises it had a silhouette of Mario & Yoshi. Atleast, what I think was Mario & Yoshi

And also, yay, more characters.

You know one of the unlockables is going to be Shy Guy. He's a Mario Tennis staple.

New Super Yoshi said:
MnSG said:
Okay, after what has been revealed last night, some major rethinking is in progress with the unlockables...

Bold: Confirmed

Baby Mario (Speedy)
Baby Peach (Technique)
Rosalina (Tricky)
Luma (Defense)
If Baby Mario and Baby Peach get in and not Baby Luigi. I wonder how BLOF would act.

Probably upset.

Magikrazy said:
'3K said:
You know one of the unlockables is going to be Shy Guy. He's a Mario Tennis staple.
Of course! Who else would play tennis with Boo?

Does Dry Bones come to mind?

New Super Yoshi said:
What about Baby Daisy? :P

The roster is limited, we can't ask all babies in, so I don't care. (Or you'd rather ask for new Yoshi game.) We may complain if the next spinoff is not other babies' turn.
In diversity, actually it's not a good idea to have both Mario bros as baby players.

Because of the negative reaction to her character, Baby Daisy probably isn't going to appear again.

*Sigh*

It doesn't seem like Toad is going to make it this time around (again). Though sadly it appears nobody is remembering him at the time.

Luma does sound interesting; however, Baby Peach? Why not Baby Mario or even Baby Luigi before her? Because of her arrival, it seems likely that one of the unlockables is indeed Baby Mario. Rosalina seems like a possibility for Luma if the partner system is still intact in this game.

I still can't believe Nintendo is removing Toad from the Tennis series (yet, they still put him out there as a ref to taunt us yet again!). :'(

120px-MvsDK_Toad.jpg
- Neglected once more...

manasword said:
Baby Mario isn't unlockable character or newcomer.
2 rests are maybe newcomers. and only one is new kong.
If the point isn't newcomer, my hope for the rest places would be Birdo and Rosalina.
For DK members, I think the problem is their general aperances of all games aren't enough or average, while Diddy is playable again since the recent Sports Mix and Itadaki Wii.

Ultraluigi said:
Because of the negative reaction to her character, Baby Daisy probably isn't going to appear again.
It's the first time I hear that staff make a nonrival character negative. Unless the staff directly cut Yoshi series and all babies, except for those adults who don't have baby forms yet (Waluigi, Funky etc), Baby Daisy is an existing fact already.

Propeller Toad said:
I still can't believe Nintendo is removing Toad from the Tennis series (yet, they still put him out there as a ref to taunt us yet again!). :'(
I hope toads playable. At least the staff think it's a custom, not because they don't like Toad as an player.
The real concern is that, at least Toad or Toadsworth would remain as NPCs, but the generic referee on the box art looks same as the one from Party 9. I don't know how the staff arrange Toad in the recent games.

I will bet my left hand there is not gonna be a new kong. There are tons of better characters.

I think Wiggler will probably make a comeback. He was a pretty awesome tennis player.

Mijzelffan said:
I will bet my left hand there is not gonna be a new kong. There are tons of better characters.
I think Wiggler will probably make a comeback. He was a pretty awesome tennis player.
It decided by reasonable rule, such as there shouldn't be too many subseries characters. (BTW, don't bet something serious)

Wiggler is species and was playable like you said after all.
Better choices would be that those characters who haven't been used in Tennis, whether they're Rosalina, Luma or other kongs.

Baby Mario should've been paired with Baby Luigi. I mean, I guess I will take Baby Daisy if we get Baby Luigi, but I rather not....

I hope Petey, Wiggler, and Shy Guy return too.

manasword said:
Baby Mario isn't unlockable character or newcomer.
2 rests are maybe newcomers. and only one is new kong.

My ideas
Baby Peach (Technique)*
Luma (Tricky)*
Rosalina (Defensive)
Candy Kong (All-Around)
Total: 3(All), 3(Tec), 2(Spd), 3(Pow), 2(Def), 3(Trk)
*: Confirmed
Note: Dixie Kong is playable in Hoops 3-on-3, Funky Kong is playable in Kart Wii.
What is it with you and Candy? Just because Dixie/Funky was playable before doesn't mean that he/she can never make an appearance again. Besides, I'm praying to Miyamoto that DK and Diddy is as far as they go with the Kongs

Also, just because Baby Mario hasn't been unlockable before, doesn't mean he could ever be.
Remember that Wario was only unlockable in Mario Kart 7.

Baby Peach is a great inclusion

But no Baby Mario or.....BABY LUIGI????????????? :'(

Let's see. Room for two. I think I can guess where this is going.

bold=guess

Mario and Luigi
Peach and Daisy
Yoshi and Koopa Troopa
Wario and Waluigi
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
Bowser and Bowser Jr.
Boo and Shy Guy
Baby Peach and Luma

Not really fond of it, but this is Camelot we're talking about. They're not the best at partners.

Lily said:
I cannot see baby peach and luma

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Magikrazy said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Baby Peach is confirmed playable guys.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=cjo2JL5VBeY[/youtube]
New Trailer.
I'm having trouble finding Baby Peach. Could someone give me a still picture of Baby Peach in this?

It's in Japanese but watch until it starts talking about Mario Tennis Open, then it shows clips of Luma and B. Peach

EDIT: Also, I noticed a little after that, when it shows the Character suits (Like the ones in Olympic Games Winter) there's a Fire Mario Suit.

Do I have to quote this?

And in the Europe trailer, I think it was, said 16 characters and more to unlock or something

You sound so negative, we wouldn't be talking about it we weren't sure of it.

Magikrazy said:
Let's see. Room for two. I think I can guess where this is going.

bold=guess

Mario and Luigi
Peach and Daisy
Yoshi and Koopa Troopa
Wario and Waluigi
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
Bowser and Bowser Jr.
Boo and Shy Guy
Baby Peach and Luma

Not really fond of it, but this is Camelot we're talking about. They're not the best at partners.

Your inputs in bold are already confirmed to be non-playable.

Back