Mario Tennis Open

I'm excited about Luma being playable, because that means that Rosalina SHOULD be his partner. Baby Peach is ok, I prefer her over Baby Luigi.

FMGBASKFH said:
I'm excited about Luma being playable, because that means that Rosalina SHOULD be his partner. Baby Peach is ok, I prefer her over Baby Luigi.
Bear in mind that this is Camelot, the people who think Yoshi and Koopa Troopa make good partners.

Magikrazy said:
What is it with you and Candy? Just because Dixie/Funky was playable before doesn't mean that he/she can never make an appearance again. Besides, I'm praying to Miyamoto that DK and Diddy is as far as they go with the Kongs
DK members have a chance, though not this time necessarily. If the staff really considered, Diddy wouldn't be in this time and another kong or King K. Rool is in.

Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Bear in mind that this is Camelot, the people who think Yoshi and Koopa Troopa make good partners.
This reminds me that Birdo and Dixie were kicked out from Sport Mix (after 3-3) when their partners are forced to team together.

Partners wouldn't be too important, we would see some other combinations instead (e.g. Mario&Toad, Daidy&Birdo)
Still some others don't have partners.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
And in the Europe trailer, I think it was, said 16 characters and more to unlock or something

Oh please, let this be true

With the Nintendo? NO WAY

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Peach is ok, I prefer her over Baby Luigi.

D:

Just kidding of course. Not everyone likes Baby Luigi

Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:
D: Just kidding of course. Not everyone likes Baby Luigi
I like both though. If comparing them, Baby Peach didn't appear in Kart and Baseball GC, so she can have a chance this time.
something doing with lolicon fans?

Magikrazy said:

Ohhhh damn... I forgot about that... Well let's hope this time they get it right or else.

Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:

D:

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Baby Luigi! I just prefer Baby Peach over him, don't know why.

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:

D:

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Baby Luigi! I just prefer Baby Peach over him, don't know why.

That's ok, at least we have differing opinions and that's a good thing :)

Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:

D:

That's ok, at least we have differing opinions and that's a good thing :)

Yes :D I really don't understand the hatred against the baby characters. Maybe Baby Daisy but only because of her voice. They're nice characters in my opinion. Yoshi + Baby Luigi in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! were my mains, and with them, I beat all the cups in all difficulties. Good times :')

Do I have to quote this?

And in the Europe trailer, I think it was, said 16 characters and more to unlock or something

You sound so negative, we wouldn't be talking about it we weren't sure of it.

For starters im sure you wont have 16 characters to unlock. Next and more IMO would be reffering to unlock stuff to customise your Mii.

Gardevoir said:
Do I have to quote this?

For starters im sure you wont have 16 characters to unlock. Next and more IMO would be reffering to unlock stuff to customise your Mii.
I think you misread him. I think he meant 16 characters at the start and more to unlock.

FMGBASKFH said:
Yes :D I really don't understand the hatred against the baby characters. Maybe Baby Daisy but only because of her voice. They're nice characters in my opinion. Yoshi + Baby Luigi in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! were my mains, and with them, I beat all the cups in all difficulties. Good times :')

Because they're "rip-off" characters.

Honestly, I find most "rip-off" characters better than the original. For example

Luigi>Mario
Waluigi>Wario
Baby Luigi>Luigi
Baby Mario>Mario
Toadette>Toad
Paratroopa>Koopa Troopa
Fly Guy>Shy Guy
Rosalina>Peach
Bowser Jr.>Bowser

I'm a little crazy but my opinion is crazy too.
Magikrazy said:
Gardevoir said:
Do I have to quote this?

I think you misread him. I think he meant 16 characters at the start and more to unlock.

Unfortunately, that "more" thing could be other elements.

I HOPE it means more characters because I honestly detest Nintendo and their subsidiaries for overshadowing Baby Luigi these days. First, they have a trophy for Baby Peach but not Baby Luigi, they make Baby Luigi unlockable in Mario Kart Wii while Baby Peach is default, and Baby Luigi gets kidnapped yet again in Yoshi's Island DS while Baby Peach does not. You might think I'm a complainer but really, I'm just a bit bitter right now for what Nintendo is doing to him these days. Super Sluggers is the only exception ever since Baby Peach's debut that Baby Luigi has been overshadowed but that's not saying much.

I, for one, am genuinely happy that Baby Peach is in. Previously, I thought Camelot will go in the direction of Mario Kart 7, Mario Party 9, Mario Sports Mix, Mario & Sonic (for not adding any more characters), and Fortune Street (extremely limited playability) for disappointing many fans in terms of roster size and access. Seeing Baby Peach and Luma is delightful after seeing so much predictable and bland rosters.

I am glad that Camelot so far, isn't following Nintendo, Square Enix, and ND Cube.

Baby Luigi said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Honestly, I find most "rip-off" characters better than the original. For example

Luigi>Mario
Waluigi>Wario
Baby Luigi>Luigi
Baby Mario>Mario
Toadette>Toad
Paratroopa>Koopa Troopa
Fly Guy>Shy Guy
Rosalina>Peach
Bowser Jr.>Bowser

I'm a little crazy but my opinion is crazy too.

Possibly. I don't think the babies are rip-offs of anyone though, but that's just me. They're just younger versions of the standard characters. But Rosalina is better than Peach at any time of the day.

I totally agree about the baby characters not being rip-offs of anyone. Baby Mario has a more different model to Mario than Dry Bones has to Koopa Troopa. Even though Baby Luigi looks very similar to Baby Mario, he's not a rip-off. Even if he is, he's as much as a rip-off of Baby Mario as Luigi is to Mario and no one is complaining about that.

And I don't like the term "rip-off" to describe these characters. It's a very crass term with negative connotation. That's why I put it in quotes.

At least Waluigi looks a lot different from Wario; tall and skinny, compared to short and fat.

Baby Luigi said:

They have a trophy for Baby Peach but not Baby Luigi. You might think I'm a complainer but really, I'm just a bit bitter right now.
Babies are simply due to their status of alterego and subseries, not they're hated (and it's not doing with rosters.)

Usually it's not proper to create new characters while old characters are enough for a roster (one result is some of they are now seldom playable).
If we ask for diversity, the new character should better be much different from others but still share the same style, not another plumber or princess-like character. I think old characters can still be improved by giving them stories in other games.

I don't compare the babies (so what about other babies like Daisy and DK?). Since Baby Peach is made after Baby Mario bros, it's not big deal to give her solo once or twice, but not more .

Nobody really complained about Baby Mario's inclusion in Mario Tennis 64. Now, even if just Baby Mario returned, those whiners will scream

La Marionette said:
Nobody really complained about Baby Mario's inclusion in Mario Tennis 64. Now, even if just Baby Mario returned, those whiners will scream

Nobody really complained about the N64 Rainbow Road glitch in Mario Kart 64. Now, even if just 1 glitch gets found, those whiners will scream

Honestly, nobodies ever happy with what they get. I don't even care anymore, as long as its fun.

The difference is that the N64 doesn't have online. I have a feeling that you're referencing to that little comic...

Look, I'm not really making a big deal. Still, hearing whiners constantly DOES get annoying at times.

La Marionette said:
The difference is that the N64 doesn't have online. I have a feeling that you're referencing to that little comic...

Look, I'm not really making a big deal. Still, hearing whiners constantly DOES get annoying at times.

Yes, that 'little comic' is what i'm referring too. But another point is that people are mostly sick of babies after having so many that its almost pointless. Baby Mario & Luigi were sort of unique because they were the only babies but after the others came in... they just felt... boring suddenly.

And yes, whiners are annoying, it happens all the time on this forum. Everybody does it/has done it.

I admit that I complain a lot. There's just so much stuff I cannot simply appreciate.

Still, Mario Tennis Open looks like it's gonna be epic! It's my most anticipated game right now!

Someone should make a complaint topic, to write everything you hate in it.

I do agree that this is looking great, I grew up playing Mario Tennis, loved Power Tennis and now this looks amazing too.

And after, what, all those years since the last Mario Tennis (not including remakes), we FINALLY get a new tennis game! :D

I'm still amazed Camelot is still at it. And very delighted.

It'd be a nice surprise if there were more than 4 unlockable characters. since N64 had 2 Unlockables. Power had 4 unlockables. Maybe this one will have 6?

All I'm hoping for is that there are more than 16 characters, secret characters, and Baby Luigi is one of them.

Back