Mario Tennis Open

manasword said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Taking into account that being a 3DS game will not allow the game to have a very big roster, I'm betting for this one:

1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) Daisy
5) Yoshi
6) Boo
7) Wario
8 ) Waluigi
9) Donkey Kong
10) Diddy Kong
11) Bowser
12) Bowser Jr.
13) Rosalina (unlockable)
14) Koopa Troopa/Paratroopa (unlockable)

... And that's it =/ Not even Mario Power Tennis had a big roster...

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 for the NDS is 16+5=21 characters.
Mario Sports Mix for the Wii is 12+6=18 characters and roster is smaller than previous game.

My MTO unlockable characters Ideas (Like more as Hoops 3-on-3)
1. Koopa Paratroopa
2. Fly Guy
3. Petey Piranha
4. Funky Kong or Candy Kong (Dixie Kong is already appeared in Hoops)
5. Birdo
6. Rosalina
That doesn't mean Dixie can't appear in any sports game ever again.

FMGBASKFH said:
Baby Luigi said:
That's about as big as the Mario Tennis 64 roster

Exactly. Remember this is a handheld game; they don't have that much space. But now that I think about it, maybe they'll put two more characters to give Rosalina a partner. We already know Luma is not playable, but I just can't see Lubba as a character (even though I'd like that a lot). Queen Bee is the other option (I wouldn't like that) and I can't see any other Galaxy character who could fit as Rosalina's partner.

Heck, we don't even know if Rosalina is playable =/

The 3DS is more powerful and has way more capacity than the N64

MnSG said:
Gardevoir said:
I wonder how rosalinas tennis costume would look O_O... And would her shoes be grey or blue..

Rosalina's sports outfit could be based on a texture hack that I did up for Brawl (the texture edits are mine, but the vertex edits were done by someone else)...

rosalinasports.png

Basically, Rosalina's outfit would have the following elements...

1: A long sleeved dress, which matches the color scheme of Rosalina's basic dress, with the skirt being made shorter; it would reach down to Rosalina's knees, making it longer than Peach's tennis outfit. This would make Rosalina different from Peach and Daisy, who both wear sleeveless dresses.

2: Rosalina would wear shorts underneath the skirt. No need to explain why, apart from avoiding unexpected thong sightings.

3: Rosalina's footwear has her wearing turquoise high heels, instead of her basic silver high heels, and she doesn't wear any socks. Rosalina's shoes may appear inconvenient for sports, but when you think it over, the White Mage's shoes aren't exactly built for sports either, and yet she competed in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Mario Sports Mix while wearing them. Again, this would make Rosalina different from Peach and Daisy, who both wear flat surfaced shoes that are more convenient for sports.

4: The tennis racquet would be turquoise colored, with a Grand Star symbol displayed on it.

Edit: Oops, I meant to say "knees" for the first element.

:eek:

My jaw was on the floor when i saw this.... And just one thing though, i dont think Rosalina would run well in heels. And white mage isnt a nintendo character. And everyone knows Nintendo is.. Um never mind.

Gardevoir said:
MnSG said:
Gardevoir said:
I wonder how rosalinas tennis costume would look O_O... And would her shoes be grey or blue..

Rosalina's sports outfit could be based on a texture hack that I did up for Brawl (the texture edits are mine, but the vertex edits were done by someone else)...

rosalinasports.png

Basically, Rosalina's outfit would have the following elements...

1: A long sleeved dress, which matches the color scheme of Rosalina's basic dress, with the skirt being made shorter; it would reach down to Rosalina's knees, making it longer than Peach's tennis outfit. This would make Rosalina different from Peach and Daisy, who both wear sleeveless dresses.

2: Rosalina would wear shorts underneath the skirt. No need to explain why, apart from avoiding unexpected thong sightings.

3: Rosalina's footwear has her wearing turquoise high heels, instead of her basic silver high heels, and she doesn't wear any socks. Rosalina's shoes may appear inconvenient for sports, but when you think it over, the White Mage's shoes aren't exactly built for sports either, and yet she competed in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Mario Sports Mix while wearing them. Again, this would make Rosalina different from Peach and Daisy, who both wear flat surfaced shoes that are more convenient for sports.

4: The tennis racquet would be turquoise colored, with a Grand Star symbol displayed on it.

Edit: Oops, I meant to say "knees" for the first element.
white mage isnt a nintendo character.

...Your point?

Well MnSG's theory of Rosalina's sport outfit is believable. Since its about as much effort they put on making Peach and Daisy's sports outfits.

It's just a theory though, Rosalina might not even be in the game, so remember not to get shitty over this.

Yeah, even I'm not that positive about Rosalina's inclusion myself. It's just a theory that I had in my head, especially since I don't exactly want Rosalina to completely imitate Peach's sports fashion sense.

Baby Peach is confirmed playable guys.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=cjo2JL5VBeY[/youtube]
New Trailer.

Lily said:
She is a donkey long NPC, mario characters should get in first.
It's correct that only several subseries characters can be in (though your words sound like there are DK spinoffs).

But if you mean in all games, we can still assign different character in different roster, so that's two different things.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't give a shit about having each character get their chance in the spotlight. They put in the characters that they want.

Also, Where does it say Baby Peach is playable? I didn't see her in that new trailer

EDIT: Dont worry, went for a little search found a video

As apparently luma and baby peach are playable and there are two other unlockables for the 16 playable.
I reckon that it will be Rosalina to go with luma and baby mario to go with baby peach.

I expect Baby Mario to be playable alongside Baby Peach as well. Rosalina as well. Or maybe some other Galaxy NPC.

New Super Yoshi said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=cjo2JL5VBeY[/youtube]
New Trailer.
I'm having trouble finding Baby Peach. Could someone give me a still picture of Baby Peach in this?

Magikrazy said:
New Super Yoshi said:
New Trailer.
I'm having trouble finding Baby Peach. Could someone give me a still picture of Baby Peach in this?

It's in Japanese but watch until it starts talking about Mario Tennis Open, then it shows clips of Luma and B. Peach

EDIT: Also, I noticed a little after that, when it shows the Character suits (Like the ones in Olympic Games Winter) there's a Fire Mario Suit.

Okay, after what has been revealed last night, some major rethinking is in progress with the unlockables...

Bold: Confirmed

Baby Mario (Speedy)
Baby Peach (Technique)
Rosalina (Tricky)
Luma (Defense)

Considering that Lumas come in different sizes, and can levitate, I just thought that making them defensive would be a valid choice.

Back