Mario Tennis Open

Koopaul said:
I don't get it, why do you like Baby Luigi more than regular Luigi? They are, in fact, the same person but at different ages.

Is it because he's cuter?

That's one reason.

Another reason is that he can freaking drive and still win first place in his current age (I love to rub it in my opponents faces when they get beaten by a baby driving a perambulator), PLUS his special item is a man-eating, road-killing raging Chain Chomp. What's not to like about him? I also like his voice and he does make some awesome quotes, such as being number not one.

He also provides some comic relief in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. I always love the scenes where Luigi abuses himself just to cheer Baby Luigi up or how Baby Luigi whacks Luigi with a hammer or something.

I also like Baby Luigi more Luigi mainly because he is funny. Although I am against the Babies being on rosters. At least two characters have now been freed from the Mario Super Sluggers latest appearance curse.

Might Ask My mum to get this for my birthday!

I just got it yesterday, at release date. Love this game to the very end of it and played it through several hours straight.

I beat all tournaments (including the Star ones) using Baby Mario, unlocked all characters, and beat an Ace computer. I'm basically done with this game already, but its sheer awesomeness makes me come back for it more and more.

I gotta say, though, the game falls pretty short of unlockables. Other than Galaxy Arena and the characters, the only unlockables are Mii outfits and I don't really use Miis. Plus, you gotta grind in minigame (not exhibition mode!) to get coins to buy the Mii outfits. However, I like this system of unlocking better than Mario Kart's since you buy items in a shop once they're unlocked. I admit, even though Baby Mario IS playable, I feel the roster is a tad limited. I sometimes get stumped on who to play against. The selection of the courts is also pretty limited but they're fun to play on.

One of my biggest peeves of the game are chance shots. Of course, they sometimes help me score (I gotta give credit to them for beating Ace Wario) but most of the time, they'll cause you to scramble all over the court because of their frequency. I especially find the blue chance shots useless, because most of the time, the computer hits the blue one back at such speed.

Jeff said:
Any trophy cutscenes like the 64 and Gamecube versions? And how about outtakes?

Sadly, the cutscenes aren't wacky any more. It's just generic.

There isn't a funny opening either, so there are no outakes. All there is a boring credits roll. At least the music is nice :P

I'm planning to get a N64 and a copy of Mario Tennis. I emulate Mario Tennis 64, but I would like to play it for real.

While I AM kind of, sort of, interested in the game, I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon... Part of me is holding out for new characters via DLC.

It is pretty sad the Rosalina isn't in any part of this. Amusingly, earlier today, I did do up a tennis-related pose for her while playing around with BrawlBox's CHR0 editing features.

x1jEw.png

Fi said:
1 Reason I plan on getting it.

Baby Mario.

Hey, that was my reason I bought it on Day 1 too!

Back