Toad, a worthy candidate for SSB4 (reasons and moveset provided).

^I definitely have to agree with you Baby Luigi. Captain Falcon never got out of his vehicle prior to the Smash games, yet he is ready to fight? ROB was an accessory for the NES, yet he was both playable and an enemy in the adventure mode. And I'm unsure of this, but has Zelda fought prior to the Smash games? That is why all of these characters have moves exclusively created for them or burrowed moves (in Zelda's case from Link).

Of course, it is the status of these characters that put them over Toad. Some represent their games (Falcon) while others were obscure and used for jokes or other purposes. Toad on the other hand has fought in the Mario games. He has moves to use into Smash and can even get made up moves (Peach's Toad counter attack is already a made up move for Toad!). I think Smash 4 is the perfect opportunity to add Toad as he is becoming more important as of lately and all the other important Mario characters have already made it in already...

Toad has zero potential for he has no credible moves. Plus his entire race including him are a bunch of pussies

^Thanks for your opinion, but why have you posted when you clearly have not read the entire thread (or at least the first post)? At least make a good reason of why Toad shouldn't be in instead of stating why you think Toad wouldn't get in. Additionally, Toads may be cowards but they can still fight. This can even be comparable to many characters in Smash (notable ones includes Luigi and even Lucas). Movesets and reasons are all in this thread. -_-

Propeller Toad said:
^Thanks for your opinion, but why have you posted when you clearly have not read the entire thread (or at least the first post)? At least make a good reason of why Toad shouldn't be in instead of stating why you think Toad wouldn't get in. Movesets and reasons are all in this thread. -_-
I never read entire threads i only read the title and any post up on the page. And i did list my reason Toad has no moves and nothing to work with the only offense he's ever showed was strength and he only had that in a game where the events never happened

^Just reading the topic titles and ignoring any posts in the topic is not the way to go as there are detailed posts of why Toad is a potential newcomer. How can you say that he has zero percent potential when you did not read the topic? There is a reason I made this topic, and I explained why and how Toad would work in Smash. I explained his roles and playable appearances as to give reasons to how he would work. I stated an entire moveset here, and unless you only played SMB 2 then this would not be the case as Toad has many moves to work from. Wario's Woods, NSMB Wii, other mainstream games that he is non playable in, the Mario spin-offs, why even Smash exclusive moves can be applied for Toad. To just post like that is just biased unless you read the evidence (unless you really don't want Toad in the next Smash game).

Propeller Toad said:
^Just reading the topic titles and ignoring any posts in the topic is not the way to go as there are detailed posts of why Toad is a potential newcomer. How can you say that he has zero percent potential when you did not read the topic? There is a reason I made this topic, and I explained why and how Toad would work in Smash. I explained his roles and playable appearances as to give reasons to how he would work. I stated an entire moveset here, and unless you only played SMB 2 then this would not be the case as Toad has many moves to work from. Wario's Woods, NSMB Wii, other mainstream games that he is non playable in, the Mario spin-offs, why even Smash exclusive moves can be applied for Toad. To just post like that is just biased unless you read the evidence.
I post based on my Knowledge of Toad and while yeah like 20 years ago he appeared in a spin-off times have changed Toad no longer fights he just runs around like a pussy. He may be popular but popularity isn't the only factor you have to look at true potential and the fact is the only offense he's ever shown was that he was fast and strong however he only had those abilities once and both have long since been destroyed. Toad is a generic spin-off character and that's all he ever will be. When the last popularity poll came out to see who players wanted to see in brawl Toad didn't place he's only popular among Mario fans and most are divided upon whether he's useful are annoying.

^I understand your reasoning. It is true, that he may not fight as often, but is that a reason? Peach seems to barely fight these days, yet she made it into the roster. When did Peach last float and pull turnips? In fact SMB 2 was the only main game that has Peach playable in. Toad has been playable in more main games than her. Look at Zelda, ROB, and a few others. When have they last fought in their series/games?

Additionally, Toad's weakening point during Brawl was due to the fact that he received no new important roles during that era. That is why the Mario series was ignored in terms of getting a new rep. However, you say that Toad has yet to receive a new role? That is incorrect as he did receive NSMB Wii and with this game, he has become suddenly revived. He became a lot more recognizable to the newer fans and he has been seen once again as a Smash ready character. As of lately, he is getting more important and being put into many new games as a playable character. That is why I suggested you if possible to read my thread before posting because I stated the reasons of why Toad should be in it. If I wanted to I could have just said SMB 2 like you did and get this all over with, but I explained all of Toad's roles and possible moves for him. You can base him on the old games; however, he is suddenly becoming more appreciated as of lately. There are more reasons of what I can say to suggest why Toad is more notable; however, if you just read the thread I think you can get an idea of what I mean...

Note: Tatanga, I am not forcing you to do anything. I am just stating my reasoning and that is all. Do as you like...

Toad is a generic spin-off character and that's all he ever will be

-_-'

Toad has been one of the original Mario characters (Super Mario Bros.). How can you say he's a generic spin-off character? He's as generic as Yoshi is.

Brother Love said:
Propeller Toad said:
^Thanks for your opinion, but why have you posted when you clearly have not read the entire thread (or at least the first post)? At least make a good reason of why Toad shouldn't be in instead of stating why you think Toad wouldn't get in. Movesets and reasons are all in this thread. -_-
I never read entire threads i only read the title and any post up on the page. And i did list my reason Toad has no moves and nothing to work with the only offense he's ever showed was strength and he only had that in a game where the events never happened
Finally, someone who didn't decide to sheep and realized that Toad is a wimp. You all act as if Toad is great, Toad is great, but tell me one instance where Toad has done something unbelievably awesome.

twinArmageddons said:
Brother Love said:
Propeller Toad said:
Finally, someone who didn't decide to sheep and realized that Toad is a wimp. You all act as if Toad is great, Toad is great, but tell me one instance where Toad has done something unbelievably awesome.
He beat Wario once and could run up walls once

Brother Love said:
Game? And running up walls is not unbelievably awesome. I'm talking about awesome stuff like fighting a final boss awesome.

twinArmageddons said:
Brother Love said:
Game? And running up walls is not unbelievably awesome. I'm talking about awesome stuff like fighting a final boss awesome.
Never all he does is throw things at people

SuperMario25 said:
Toad would be a nice addition, thats what i think
Why his move set would be weak at best he would be lightweight without being able to inflate which is the only thing that makes light weight characters good. theirs to many Mario characters as it is

twinArmageddons said:
Brother Love said:
theirs to many Mario characters as it is
THIS IS MY MAIN POINT THAT THE OPPOSITION HAS NOT PAID ATTENTION TO.
I AGREE WITH YOU GOOD SIR I ALSO DISAGREE WITH ANY NEW POKEMON CHARACTERS

There aren't nearly as many of those, so I'm fine with them.

What we need are more Fire Emblem characters. It's a little known series that deserves more attention.

twinArmageddons said:
There aren't nearly as many of those, so I'm fine with them.

What we need are more Fire Emblem characters. It's a little known series that deserves more attention.
Yeah i wish they would bring back Roy... also i heard people say Mega Man should be playable and i don't see that happening

Actually, seeing as Capcom is doing pretty poorly right now putting Megaman in SSB would be a huge boost to his popularity.

twinArmageddons said:
Actually, seeing as Capcom is doing pretty poorly right now putting Megaman in SSB would be a huge boost to his popularity.
I know that but i don't think he would be a very good fit

twinArmageddons said:
Just how he fights (although admit ably i know very little of Mega Man) but it seems that he relies mostly on shooting and not close quarters combat

Also, Mega Man has shown up in the MvC series with all kinds of close-quarters combat.

No to Toad. Smash needs more villains as playable characters.

Back