Super Mario Galaxy 3

I really think that Nintendo needs to stop bringing back old villains like the Koopalings ∞ times and come up with some original bosses, like they did in NSMB.

caligulasAquarium said:
I really think that Nintendo needs to stop bringing back old villains like the Koopalings ∞ times and come up with some original bosses, like they did in NSMB.
This.

caligulasAquarium said:

Oddly, a lot of people seem to think the koopalings aren't in enough games. They're not completely wrong.

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

But seriously, I'm not really leaning towards either side in terms of whether or not the koopalings should be in more games. If they're put in a new game, that's cool. If they're left out, no big deal.

Sure, they're cool, but I'd rather have new enemies than having the same ones OVER and OVER and OVER. Like what the Paper Mario series does.

My thoughts exactly. I would like them and Bowser Jr. to be in an actual RPG though. I'm not counting Superstar Saga because they were just bosses and didn't contribute to the story at all and it'd be a good way for them to have unique battle styles.

MnSG said:
Snowstalker said:
And bring back their old designs. I prefer rainbow-haired Iggy to palm tree Iggy.

Personally, I've taken a liking to Iggy's new design. And the other Koopalings have color-coded shells now, which makes them more unique.

Larry: Light Blue
Morton: Black
Wendy: Pink
Iggy: Light Green
Roy: Purple
Lemmy: Orange
Ludwig: Blue

But they're all Bowser's kids, and therefore most should probably have their original shell designs. Plus, it doesn't really make sense to randomly change it when we've been so used to the old designs.

caligulasAquarium said:

The Koopalings haven't been involved in a lot of Super Mario series titles though. Their only mainstream appearances were SMB3, SMW, and NSMBWii. They need to start appearing in Mario's 3D adventures.

Maybe for the next story, an ancient star appears at the Mushroom Planet, which only comes by once every 1000 years. It is known as the Millennium Star, and it possesses powers that exceed that of the Grand Stars, which attracts Bowser in using it to conquer the universe for a third time. However, unlike his past attempts, Bowser brings Bowser Jr., along with the Koopalings into the mix.

Coincidentally, the Millenium Star's presence has brought the Comet Observatory back to the Mushroom Planet's galaxy. And sadly, Rosalina's home gets attacked again, and loses its Grand Stars.

The seven Grand Stars that the Comet Observatory possessed were given to the seven Koopalings, and just like with Super Mario Galaxy, Mario has to get them back. After all seven Grand Stars are collected, Mario heads to the Millennium Star to confront Bowser. Of course, before doing that, he would have to face Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings one last time.

The game would feature 8 normal worlds, and a bonus world. Each world would feature 6 galaxies, with one of them involving a Hungry Luma. 9x6=54, and add the Gate, along with its Hungry Luma, that'll be 56 galaxies total.

I would like that. Like that Galaxy that was unused in SMG. It was called Starman Fort or something. It was a big giant base with no other planets around it. If they make another lava galaxy name it Melty Magma Galaxy.

The problem I have with another Galaxy game, is that it's going to be more of the linear levels like in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Because everyone rated the second one so highly, Nintendo will see that and make the next game contain more of the changes from the first one. I don't think they would decide to make a new one any less linear.

Leonyx said:
The problem I have with another Galaxy game, is that it's going to be more of the linear levels like in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Because everyone rated the second one so highly, Nintendo will see that and make the next game contain more of the changes from the first one. I don't think they would decide to make a new one any less linear.
I think SMG2 had Great levels. If want to have the ice flower back, I can't believe that they removed in in SMG2.

I don't want a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Remember, SMG2 was really SMG1.5, they just had too many ideas and had to put it somewhere else. I want a new, fresh concept, not another sequel. (But if there is another sequel, I want it to be for Sunshine.)

nabber said:
I don't want a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Remember, SMG2 was really SMG1.5, they just had too many ideas and had to put it somewhere else. I want a new, fresh concept, not another sequel. (But if there is another sequel, I want it to be for Sunshine.)

A brilliant idea just popped into my head. Super Mario: F.L.U.D.D. in Space!

Toad85 said:
nabber said:

NO

Toad85 said:
nabber said:

Gravity, my friend. The water would just float out instead of being a jet (unless you don't mean open space).

And anyone else think that SMG should have more to do with, well, space? It seems that most levels may as well be in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Snowstalker said:
Toad85 said:
nabber said:

Gravity, my friend. The water would just float out instead of being a jet (unless you don't mean open space).

And anyone else think that SMG should have more to do with, well, space? It seems that most levels may as well be in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Their is on level in SMG that is in the Mushroom Kingdom and that's the the last one after getting 120 stars with both bros.

Snowstalker said:
Toad85 said:
nabber said:
I don't. I know how gravity works. F.L.U.D.D. would only be used on planets with actual gravity.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Please, no more Super Mario Galaxy.

Funny that you said that, since we had SMB, SMB2, and SMB3. There's also SML, SML2, and SML3, but SML3 is actually a Wario series title.

New Super Yoshi said:
Snowstalker said:
Toad85 said:
nabber said:

Their is on level in SMG that is in the Mushroom Kingdom and that's the the last one after getting 120 stars with both bros.

I said "may as well be". In other words, most levels are easily something that could have been done in a non space-themed game, like deserts and plains and beaches. Few levels are really out in the depths of the universe.

MnSG said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Please, no more Super Mario Galaxy.

Funny that you said that, since we had SMB, SMB2, and SMB3. There's also SML, SML2, and SML3, but SML3 is actually a Wario series title.

Note the differences between each of those games (except if you're talking about Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, because it's essentially the same thing as the first). They were all different from each other. Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel were very similar to each other.

Back