Super Mario Galaxy 3

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
I'd rather see a new concept, instead of yet another 'Lost Levels' like game.

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
I would want it, because it would be AWESOME in hd. Think about it? Wouldn't it be awesome to see space in hd?

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
After playing through the first two again recently, I wouldn't mind seeing at least one more entry in the series. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has proven that new and innovative things can still be done with that engine.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
>>Jerry
Galaxy already had one of the best graphics for Wii, and Galaxy was great, but I got tired in Galaxy 2, as it's the same concept, the same engine, but only different levels, and Yoshi.

Mariorules25

Hyaahhh
YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Jerry
Galaxy already had one of the best graphics for Wii, and Galaxy was great, but I got tired in Galaxy 2, as it's the same concept, the same engine, but only different levels, and Yoshi.
totally agreed,but galaxy 2 is my fav game of all time *holds up flame shield*

NSY

Celestial Guide
If there's going to be one, it should be more of a Yoshi game.

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
NO

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
If the Wii could do DLC, there wouldn't be an SMG2, but an update for SMG instead.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Olimar said:
I rather have a Sunshine Sequel. Or something more about the Mushroom Kingdom.
Per, we need some 3D game where all the levels take part in the mushroom kingdom.

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
New Super Yoshi said:
Leonyx said:
So agreed. And I do think a Galaxy 3 would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it for the Wii-U. Release it for the 3DS. Think about it; the 3D would compliment the immense galaxies, and it would leave room for 3D-, touch screen-, or gyroscope-inspired twists in gameplay

Leonyx

Toad85 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Leonyx said:
So agreed. And I do think a Galaxy 3 would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it for the Wii-U. Release it for the 3DS. Think about it; the 3D would compliment the immense galaxies, and it would leave room for 3D-, touch screen-, or gyroscope-inspired twists in gameplay
Hehe, the NO was directed towards the idea of a Galaxy 3, not whether or not it had Yoshi in it. I don't like the trend that Nintendo is having with the Mario platformers (if people like it, make another one with more stuff). I'd rather they come out with a new game entirely, like Super Mario 3D Land (that really is an awkward title).

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Is Super Mario 3d Land a truly original title either? It borrows heavily from SMB3 and SM64, and I don't see anything new, just things that are returning from hiatus.

Leonyx

Toad85 said:
Is Super Mario 3d Land a truly original title either? It borrows heavily from SMB3 and SM64, and I don't see anything new, just things that are returning from hiatus.
Well, none of the Mario games are completely unique, but from what I've seen it looks like a combination of the 2D and 3D platformers, which is different from other Mario games.

(Honestly, I haven't been keeping a track on this game because I don't have a 3DS and probably won't have one in the near future, so I don't completely know what I'm talking about.)

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Yeah, and that's apparently the only new thing in the game. And it's not even that different, it's just SMB3 in a 3D world.

I agree that sequels should not be pushed, and it shouldn't be the primary game for the console (cough cough SMG2 cough), but if there is enough different between a game and its successor, it should see the light of day. And the 3DS could do that. Not sure about the Wii-U, but the 3DS could absolutely do that.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
It's probably a long stretch, but if a third Super Mario Galaxy does come to play, bring those Koopalings into the mix.

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
MnSG said:
It's probably a long stretch, but if a third Super Mario Galaxy does come to play, bring those Koopalings into the mix.
And bring back their old designs. I prefer rainbow-haired Iggy to palm tree Iggy.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Snowstalker said:
And bring back their old designs. I prefer rainbow-haired Iggy to palm tree Iggy.
Personally, I've taken a liking to Iggy's new design. And the other Koopalings have color-coded shells now, which makes them more unique.

Larry: Light Blue
Morton: Black
Wendy: Pink
Iggy: Light Green
Roy: Purple
Lemmy: Orange
Ludwig: Blue

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
MnSG said:
That would be interesting. I might like the koopalings even more if they used different fighting methods.

Ludwig: Music or magic
Lemmy: Something with ice
Roy: His bare fists
Iggy: Some kind of machine like a giant robot or a battle suit
Wendy: Something with water
Morton: ?
Larry: Give him some plant-like powers or weaons like the ability to spit seeds as fast as bullets, a vine to whip Mario, and a razor-sharp boomerang shaped like a leaf