What is your favourite 2D platformer in the Mario series?

What is your favourite 2D platformer in the Mario series?

• Super Mario Bros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels

• Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic remake)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Super Mario Bros. 3

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • New Super Mario Bros

• New Super Mario Bros Wii

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Wrecking Crew/Wrecking Crew '98

• Hotel Mario

• New Super Mario Bros. Mii

• Sub-Series Game/Other

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Toad Eightyfive

used to be here but peaced out
Pronouns
Anything
MarioWiki
Toad85
Question says it all. What is your favourite 2D platformer?

I'm going to be a bit different and pick Super Mario Bros. 2. It is bashed way too often, and frankly I had great fun with this game. The worlds and characters are all very unique and well done and it even had its own difficulty in most parts. I additionally liked the length of the game. I also enjoyed the fact that it had more characters other than Mario to choose from (especially Toad).

Also I think the reason as to why it is respected by Nintendo is because SMB 2 was actually a protocol Mario game before it was scrapped and reused to make Doki Doki Panic. So in other words, Mario 2 is actually a revival while Doki Doki Panic was the lie.

Propeller Toad said:
I'm going to be a bit different and pick Super Mario Bros. 2. It is bashed way too often, and frankly I had great fun with this game. The worlds and characters are all very unique and well done and it even had its own difficulty in most parts. I additionally liked the length of the game. I also enjoyed the fact that it had more characters other than Mario to choose from (especially Toad).

Even though it's not my favorite, I agree that it's really underrated. When you look past the part where it's a tweak of Doki Doki Panic, it's a pretty good game in its own right.

Hotel Mario.

Just kidding, I picked Yoshi's Island for its unique gameplay.

Propeller Toad said:

Also I think the reason as to why it is respected by Nintendo is because SMB 2 was actually a protocol Mario game before it was scrapped and reused to make Doki Doki Panic. So in other words, Mario 2 is actually a revival while Doki Doki Panic was the lie.

No, Doki Doki was created for a television festival in Japan in 1987. SMB2 was released in 1988. While I agree with your views on SMB2, I must point this out. I'm nitpicky like that, sorry.

You know the forums are dead when New Super Half-Assed Bros. Wii is the most popular platformer. Floatier, easier, not taking risks at all, not even using new world themes.

Super Mario World. I loved the gameplay (even though the Cape Feather is so pathetically broken), and the music is <3

I just found a Super Mario World shirt at JCPenney. It made my day.

New Super Mario Bros Wii, just fun to look at and has load of levels to play.

Snowstalker said:
You know the forums are dead when New Super Half-Assed Bros. Wii is the most popular platformer. Floatier, easier, not taking risks at all, not even using new world themes.

I die alot in that game. Just saying.

I'm suprised that NSMB(DS) hasn't gotten more votes. That's what I voted for.

Yoshi's Island of course. Hell, I think it's the single best game in the entire franchise.

Super Mario 3 sucks a fucking cock.

This game is shit, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

Just kidding. It's my favorite of the bunch. Also, the above is just copypasta.

Man I was about to rage at you so hard. It seemed really out of character for you anyway.

Why would someone hate that game. I'm glad you where joking.

I voted for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Nothing else can beat the multiplayer.

Freaky Fred said:
Super Mario 3 sucks a *bleep*ing *bleep*.

This game is *bleep*, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't *bleep*ing fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one *bleep*ing level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe *bleep*ing sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire *bleep*ing game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you *bleep* up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a *bleep*ing jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of *bleep* in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of *bleep* moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

This, except the "gay" reference. I don't like it when people make fun of homosexuals.

Back