What is your favourite 2D platformer in the Mario series?

What is your favourite 2D platformer in the Mario series?

• Super Mario Bros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels

• Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic remake)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Super Mario Bros. 3

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • New Super Mario Bros

• New Super Mario Bros Wii

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Wrecking Crew/Wrecking Crew '98

• Hotel Mario

• New Super Mario Bros. Mii

• Sub-Series Game/Other

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
New Super Yoshi said:
Leonyx said:
Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
I said "think". Superstar Saga isn't a 2D platformer, and I inculded Other in case there was a CDi or MOS game or something I was missing.

That depends on what you consider a 2D platformer. Since you didn't describe it in your original post, it's up to the voter to determine what that means.
Superstar Saga is nothing to do with a 2D Platformer, the adventure is even 3D.

There are plenty of parts in the game that are done in a 2D view (I believe). It's somewhat similar to Kirby 64, as that game was in a 3D view, but was a 2D platformer.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Superstar Saga isn't a platformer though. It's an RPG. The RPG aspect is its main focus.
Yeah, why did someone say that.

Well I'd say it'd have to be Super Mario Bros. 3... New Super Mario Bros. Wii comes close, but doesn't quite have the charm and effect o of Super Mario Bros. 3... But it's still a really close second.

I played the Super Mario All-Stars version more. I think I only played the NES version once, at my friend's house.

If you put it that way, SM64DS. I'm still working at it, has more detailed levels, plus more unlockables. Plus NSMB got all it's minigames from Super Mario 64 DS.

WaLuIgIpInBaLl said:
Oops I guess that's 3D. Ok then NSMB.
I don't get why some people like NSMB more than NSMBW.

Probably because it has the Blue Shell

Baby Luigi said:
Probably because it has the Blue Shell
Yes, I liked the Blue Shell, but NSMBW had the Penguin Suit. I liked NSMB better (in fact, best), because it had great level design, good graphics, and astounding gameplay.

The only reason I choose New Super Mario Bros. Wii over New Super Mario Bros. is the multiplayer. Or any 2D platformer for that matter.

Back