"New" Pokemon

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
In my opinion the "New" Pokemon consists of any Pokemon that is after Mew *Gold/Silver Version and beyond"
How do you people keep track of the 400+ Pokemon they have nowadays?! It's crazy!!

Um, no offense. But what is this doing in The Marioverse section?

EDIT: Fast response by the Mods. Nice

First, you put this on Marioverse (edit: someone already mentioned it.)
and Second it takes a while to remember all the Pokemon, but the more you play the game the easier it is to keep track of them.

Whatever, just delete then...sigh....

EDIT: I didn't know where else to put it, so yeah. Just delete the damn thing. I'm sick of people getting on my shit about everything.

It's a good topic actually, and doesn't deserve to be deleted simply because it people yelled because it was posted in the wrong area of the forum. Get over it, people.

I was actually skeptical of having to learn 150+ new Pokemon to play Black and White, but eventually you just forget about Generation II the useless ones and only remember the good ones.

I actually recall all Pokemon (except generation 5). It's just like learning the English language; you memorize words and what they stand for. Same for Pokemon

Yeah I know I overreacted, that's b/c 2 or 3 times already people have given me crap for posting in the wrong area on this forum. I honestly don't see what the big deal is, anyways thank you for sticking up for me Dr. Javelin!!!

And yes I was also a little weary about learning the Pokemon for Gold and Silver, I still don't remember a lot of their names. I only know the first 150 by heart.
And Baby Luigi---I can see what you mean with learning English and the new Pokemon, you just need to practice :)

The more you play the games, the more you learn Pokemon names and see new Pokemon (there's still a lot of Pokemon I've never seen before). I've learned about a lot of Pokemon while playing PMD2.

I'm a noob at Pokemon and I used to be a really big Pokemon fan and I recently just got back into it but I have no idea what all the names are. What I do know is what they look like and all the Major ones

Yeah when Pokemon first came out 13 years ago, I used to be a HUGE fan and knew all 150 names and their numbers, I've gotten a little rusty though! Haha
I know my brother has Ruby and Pearl, maybe if he lets me, I can play those to get myself familiar with the newer ones

Also, what generation are Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl Pokemon?

Ok so let me get this straight:
Red/Blue/Yellow: I
Gold/Silver: II
Ruby/Sapphire: III
Pearl/Diamond: IV

Then what comes next?
You know you guys are being really helpful! :) THANKS!

NintendoQueen814 said:
Ok so let me get this straight:
Red/Blue/Yellow: I
Gold/Silver: II
Ruby/Sapphire: III
Diamond/Pearl: IV

Then what comes next?
You know you guys are being really helpful! :) THANKS!
fixed

Pandapow said:
Is it just me or are most of the new Pokemon competitively better than the older ones?
It's just you.

Pokemon like Aerodactyl, Starmie, Gyarados, and Gengar are still getting plenty of use. Blissey is still the best special wall in the entire game, and now that the Dream World abilities have been released, even Venusaur, who has been shunned since he was created, is good.

When I see the "newer" (Gen II-V) Pokemon, I think their physical appearances aren't as original as the 1st generation is, to me at least!

NintendoQueen814 said:
When I see the "newer" (Gen II-V) Pokemon, I think their physical appearances aren't as original as the 1st generation is, to me at least!

I agree but i think lucario is original

Dr. Javelin said:
Pandapow said:
Is it just me or are most of the new Pokemon competitively better than the older ones?
It's just you.

Pokemon like Aerodactyl, Starmie, Gyarados, and Gengar are still getting plenty of use. Blissey is still the best special wall in the entire game, and now that the Dream World abilities have been released, even Venusaur, who has been shunned since he was created, is good.
You got a point there.

To me, Lucario looks a lot like Mewtwo.

Back