"New" Pokemon

Spr_5b_150.png
Spr_5b_448.png

They are rather similiar, now that you mention it...Mewtwo still looks better.

You know that new pokemon in Gen. V, Mienshao? It looks similar to Mewtwo:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:620Mienshao.png
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:150Mewtwo.png

Just the colour though. It's only really first thought. When I first saw it, I thought;"MEWTWO?!"

WakerLuma said:
You know that new pokemon in Gen. V, Mienshao? It looks similar to Mewtwo:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:620Mienshao.png
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:150Mewtwo.png

Just the colour though. It's only really first thought. When I first saw it, I thought;"MEWTWO?!"
'
Yeah, they do look similar!

NintendoQueen814 said:
When I see the "newer" (Gen II-V) Pokemon, I think their physical appearances aren't as original as the 1st generation is, to me at least!

Lol, what?

How is an angrier version of Poliwhirl, triple version of Diglet, Magnemite, and Doduo, a bigger version of Grimer, an angrier version of Mankey without a tail more original than, say, Chandelure, Tyranitrar, Salamence, and Rotom?

Baby Luigi said:
NintendoQueen814 said:
When I see the "newer" (Gen II-V) Pokemon, I think their physical appearances aren't as original as the 1st generation is, to me at least!

Lol, what?

How is an angrier version of Poliwhirl, triple version of Diglet, Magnemite, and Doduo, a bigger version of Grimer, an angrier version of Mankey without a tail more original than, say, Chandelure, Tyranitrar, Salamence, and Rotom?
You do have a point, but I just think the new Pokemon they have just isn't the same as when they first came out with Pokemon 13 years ago.
(Plus I have no idea who Chandelure, Salamence, and Rotom are) Lol

Yoshiwalker said:
NintendoQueen814 said:
I have no idea who Chandelure, Salamence, and Rotom are) Lol

You haven't even played through Gen. III? :eek:

Nope I've only played Red Version and Gold Version :P

Raphael said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Yes, that is the Pokemon wiki you just linked to. Any reason why you did so?

Just so NintendoQueen can go over there and learn about the new PKMN if she wants to.
And thanks! I need to check that out, I would like to expand my Pokemon knowledge!

I would like to expand my knowledge, too, since I'm getting back into Pokemon again. I really wanna be up-to-date with Black and White, since I have no clue what the new ones are.

Unfortunately, the best way to learn is to play.

I actually went through every Pokemon in the new region page by page to find the ones with the highest base stat totals.

Dr. Javelin said:
Unfortunately, the best way to learn is to play.

I actually went through every Pokemon in the new region page by page to find the ones with the highest base stat totals.
Yeah I jumped right in with the Red version like 13 years ago and started playing it not knowing much about it. I really fell in love with Pokemon about after 8 months after I got my red version game. That's when I started drawing them and playing the games and collecting toys & cards :)

Like Dr. Javelin already said, the best way is by playing it, and finding them in the wild while playing.
But also remember, it's easier to remember the names you've heard of them first, rather than relearning them in another language.

I mean, when I've imported Heart Gold and Soul Silver from Japan, I could barely remember any names in that game, as I still know their English names.
This didn't count for Black and White, which I've also imported from Japan, I know almost every Gen V Pokémon's Japanese name, and when I go over to Serebii.net, Bulbapedia, or whatever, I can't seem to remember their English names anymore.

Yeah, from reading the Smogon forums I've come to learn some of the Japanese names. Bulbapedia has the Japanese names though.

Ferrothorn - Natorei
Hydreigon - Sazadora
Conkeldurr - Roobushin
Volcarona - Ulgamoth
Thundurus - Boltros

For the 2nd generation Pokemon, I first learned their Japanese names (it was in a magazine I have) and when they "released" the Gold and Silver games in the US, I was so confused b/c I didn't know their English names. :P

>>Dr. Javelin
Do you mind you've written the licensed names?
The Romanized names are like they've been written, but it looks really messy for us, Europeans/Americans/Aussies.

The first one is a small modification, while the second one is a huge one:
JapaneseRomanizedLicensedInternational
ツタージャTsutaajaTsutarjaSnivy
ブイゼルBuizeruBuoyselBuizel

>>NintendoQueen814
I also had that magazine, it was something with "Poyo", I can't remember exactly.
I brought one, since I had a pirated cartridge with a hacked Pokémon Gold, my mother snatched from the black market in Poland, and original copies were yet to be announced in Europe.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Dr. Javelin
Do you mind you've written the licensed names?
The Romanized names are like they've been written, but it looks really messy for us, Europeans/Americans/Aussies.

The first one is a small modification, while the second one is a huge one:
JapaneseRomanizedLicensedInternational
ツタージャTsutaajaTsutarjaSnivy
ブイゼルBuizeruBuoyselBuizel
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Back