Genaration 6 game ideas

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
This is like the Generation 5 idea thread, except it's for generation 6. I know, it's way too early, but it's never too early to speculate. 8) All I ask for is one thing: BETTER LOOKING POKEMON

Gen V had some pretty cool looking Pokemon, I don't know where you've been.

How about a customizable trainer? Honestly, Pokemon might be the only RPG where you can't change the main character to your liking.

I have plenty more ideas, I'll post them later.

1. A Dark-type gym
2. Elite 4 members should use types not used by previous Elite 4 members.
3. After choosing a starter, players should be able allowed to catch the other 2 starters in the wild.
4. Make the bike 5x faster.
5. Bring back the Vs. Seeker
6. More unique-type combinations
7. Don't repeat what Black and White did with having to fight the Elite 4 twice and having the Champion's Pokemon at a high level.
8. The option to travel to other regions.

Dr. Javelin said:
How about a customizable trainer? Honestly, Pokemon might be the only RPG where you can't change the main character to your liking.

Great idea. I could finally make my fan-made characters official. Genius. Pure genius.

Raphael said:
1. A Dark-type gym
Dark type is Evil type in Japanese, so I doubt that will happen.
Raphael said:
2. Elite 4 members should use types not used by previous Elite 4 members.
Good idea, but there might not be enough types.
Raphael said:
3. After choosing a starter, players should be able allowed to catch the other 2 starters in the wild.
Definitely.
Raphael said:
4. Make the bike 5x faster.
I thought is was quite fast enough in Black and White, it wasn't so fast you couldn't control it but you could fly through routes in seconds.
Raphael said:
5. Bring back the Vs. Seeker
Again, definitely.
Raphael said:
6. More unique-type combinations
See the "What type combination would you like to see?" thread for previous discussion on this.
Raphael said:
7. Don't repeat what Black and White did with having to fight the Elite 4 twice and having the Champion's Pokemon at a high level.
I thought it was a nice change from the usual ones, the story climaxed right at the end of your adventure which was a huge improvement.
Raphael said:
8. The option to travel to other regions.
Definitely, but it would take lots of time for the game to be released. Maybe they could add these as expansion packs?

1. Well, some of the Elite 4 members have used Dark-type Pokemon before.

6. I remember, just pointing that out.

7. Storywise, it was a nice change of pace, I agree, but gameplay wise, I simply don't have that kind of patience.

1. I suppose that's because in the manga the E4 are evil or something.

7. Me too, I was also depressed that Alder didn't have unique battle music. He shares it with the Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet. It would be better if their levels didn't shoot up so dramatically.

These might be a bit to much to ask for, but I was thinking, Eeveelutions for the remaining types.

Effective Pokeballs for every type, kind of like how the Net Ball is more effective on Water and Bug types.

Also, a gym that has 18 trainers, 1 gym leader plus 1 trainer for each Pokemon type. I made a "Create your own Pokemon Gym" thread, but it doesn't seem like anybody's interested.

Make it a game that uses models, please. I mean, the flashing, robotic sprites on floating disks is way outdated now.

That's what the 3D console Pokemon games are for. Also, Gen V did make a huge step in that direction by animating the sprites, so we might actually get that next gen. I think Game Freak values frame rate too much and they want to keep it as high as possible.

Oh, and I actually like the sprites, Pokemon is one of the only games these days that uses the good-ol'-fashioned stuff.

Another thing: GET RID OF STEALTH ROCK (or underpower it), and 8 DIRECTIONS.

I don't like Black and White's animations. They way they rotated the parts make them look ugly and blurry.

When I was reading the title, I thought "Generation 6 of what?", but after reading the TS, I now know it's about Pokémon.
Gen V has just started one year ago, and you're now thinking about Gen VI?
Isn't this exactly the same as Sony did in 2006 (speculating about PS4 before the PS3 even came out)?

He did say that this was probably too early.

I can't think of a single Pokemon in Black and White that looks bad because of its sprite.

8 directions makes the whole game much harder to program and 4 directions and squares are working fine right now, except when the camera swivels in 360 and the NPCs only have 4 sprites.

Stealth Rock is annoying but you can remove it with Rapid Spin so it isn't overpowered.

What I want is a wolf Pokemon. That would be awesome.

No excuse. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did it, why not the main Pokemon games? Besides, I dislike tiles.

It's not the sprites that look bad, it's the animations that look bad

Rapid Spin should be a TM, since so few Pokemon can learn it. Or have another move that removes entry hazards.

Some ideas
1. An NPC who tells you your Pokemon EVs or anything to help you keep track.
2. Have Pokeathlon back (Pokemon Musical was boring and useless)
Also I did not find stealth rock as useful as everyone says it is.

Baby Luigi said:
No excuse. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did it, why not the main Pokemon games? Besides, I dislike tiles.

It's not the sprites that look bad, it's the animations that look bad

Rapid Spin should be a TM, since so few Pokemon can learn it. Or have another move that removes entry hazards.
That would be a good idea, there are only two new Pokemon that can learn it I believe (Cyrogonal and Excadrill).

I thought the animations looked alright myself; I didn't notice anything really bad about them.

I think the reason Pokemon hasn't gone to 8 directions is because of the fact that the DS only has a 4-direction control pad. Even in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you had to hold L and R to tell your character to look in the new directions and it hard to do without holding L or R. No one wants to push a special button to move. If Gen VI is only on the 3DS, I can see it going to full 3D if the system is powerful enough because of the freeform control system.

Pandapowah said:
Some ideas
1. An NPC who tells you your Pokemon EVs or anything to help you keep track.
2. Have Pokeathlon back (Pokemon Musical was boring and useless)
Also I did not find stealth rock as useful as everyone says it is.

There are NPCs who tell you when you have max EVs, your friendship level, and approximately what their IVs are. I think the reason Game Freak isn't revealing these easily is because they want you to believe your Pokemon are real beings and not manipulated by a computer. Which is great for a normal gamer, but for those who are competitive (like me) it really gets in the way.

I personally thought Pokemon Contests were more interesting than the Pokeathlon, and I'd rather see that take the place of Pokemon Musical.

Stealth Rock is a great move because everytime your opponent switches in (which happens a lot in competitive battling), they automatically lose 1/8 of their health. If they're weak to rock, they lose 1/4, and if they are double weak to rock (Volcarona) they lose a gigantic 50% of their health. There are entire strategies that involve using Roar and Whirlwind to switch out your opponent simply to rack up entry hazard damage. Skarmory in particular is great at this.

Freaky Fred said:
Generation 6?

Oh please.

There obviously is going to be a Gen VI. Nintendo will not abandon one of their most successful franchises. Even if it is a few years off, we all know it's coming. I still clearly remember when Diamond and Pearl came out.

Some of these suggestions I find really great, like customizable characters. The only female character I really liked the appearance of was the Crystal one, although the B/W isn't that bad (the ones from R/S/E and D/P/Pt were too girly :p )
Also, has anyone else noticed that every single character wears a hat? There should be one without, just to be different.

I'd like just small things to be different, stuff that has been pretty much the same so far. Maybe start out in more of a city than a small town, and bring back the rival you love to hate rather than having them be your friends.

As for the sprite thing, I would like to keep sprites. The 3D models in the console games just don't do it for me; I think they make the Pokemon look bad.

schmutz said:
Also, has anyone else noticed that every single character wears a hat? There should be one without, just to be different.

Emerald_Brendan.png

schmutz said:
and bring back the rival you love to hate rather than having them be your friends.

Yeah, they should have a rival like Paul from the anime. He was a cool rival.

That's not seriously his hair, is it??? I always thought it was a hat :l Talk about premature white hair, lol.

This is the Pokemon world. Either people naturally have cool colored hair, or there is a really great hair dyer (dyist?) who does it for them.

A rainbow of hair colors!
VSLance.png
VSGardenia.png
VSCynthia.png
VSN.png
VSBrycen.png
VSCress.png
VSLucian.png

@Dr.Javelin Now I think of it I'm pretty fine with the npc telling you if your EVs are maxed. I find the Pokeathlon funner than the pokemon contest because of the veriety of minigames. I also didn't need to collect accesories for it.

I don't want pre-evolutions, they're just weaker versions of Pokemon that already exist, and I see no reason for them to exist. I wouldn't mind evolutions of already existing Pokemon since it does make the Pokemon stronger.

Back