Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7

I don't like the title Mario Kart 7. They should have left the numbers for the Mario Parties these days

It sounds like "Windows 7" to me.

Yeah, me too. That's the first thing that came up to my head when I saw that title

I hope it isn't. I liked Mario Kart 3DS better than Mario Kart 7

Sadly, it is the final name, as Nintendo no longer uses the "Working Title" mark after "Mario Kart 7".

That sucks. I don't like that name.

People who get Mario Kart 7 wonder where's Mario Karts >7

Mario Kart 3DS was a way cooler name than some dumb 7.

I don't mind Super Mario 3D Land that much, but it sounds kinda kidish for some reason

In my opinion, the names should have been Mario Kart 3D and Super Mario (Land) 3D.

They should have left it Super Mario 3D instead of adding "Land". It's funny how adding "Land" ruins the title.

Anyway, only Mario Kart 7 both will still be great games, though

Maybe it's possible that there will be multiple Mario Kart installments for the 3DS? (Of course they could've made it Mario Kart 3DS 2, but that sounds kind of stupid, but then again Super Mario 3D Land sounds equally as stupid.)

Can Nintendo get more original than that? </sarcasm>

I just hope Paper Mario 3DS has a fancy subtitle like The Thousand Year Door. I don't want it to just be called Paper Mario 4.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I just hope Paper Mario 3DS has a fancy subtitle like The Thousand Year Door. I don't want it to just be called Paper Mario 4.

They can call it Paper Mario, like in the N64 game too.

YoshiGo99 said:
To games named Paper Mario?

They can do that. Game titles like that have been done several times.

Mario Kart 7 does sound weird, but how about this?
Windows 1.
Windows 2.
Windows 3.x.
Windows 95/98.
Windows Me/2000/XP.
Windows Vista
Windows 7.

That portfolio of names sound even more weird than:
Super Mario Kart.
Mario Kart 64.
Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.
Mario Kart DS.
Mario Kart Wii.
Mario Kart 7.

I mean, in the Windows family, they went number to name, and back to number, while Mario Kart used something random for the first 2 games, then they were using long names in the past generation, then they were using console names in the current generation, and now they seem to be using numbers in the next generation.

Back