19 new characters Super Smash Bros. Wii U "must" include

'3K said:
more F-Zero characters

Agree. I would love to play as Samurai Goroh.

Also, I agree with Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Ridley, and Little Mac. I would love to see all of them be put in.

Meh, I like Bowser Jr and all, but I don't think he should be playable in SSB. First off, that's gonna make the koopaling fanboys/girls even more pissed. Second, Jr. hasn't been playable in a Mario game aside from the spin-offs. I say the roster should be reserved for characters who serve more importance to their series.

I think Bowser Jr. would be a good fit for the SSB series, actually. But that's just my opinion.

Smasher 101 said:
I think Bowser Jr. would be a good fit for the SSB series, actually. But that's just my opinion.

Sure, as an Assist Trophy or some other kind of supporting character, but I really can't imagine him as a playable character.

Aqua Soul said:
but I really can't imagine him as a playable character.
That magic paintbrush could make one hell of a melee weapon. There are too many sword-based fighters anyway. Give us someone with a staff-like weapon. inb4krystal

Aqua Soul said:
that's gonna make the koopaling fanboys/girls even more pissed.
Good.

Fitting all 7 Koopalings would make other fans even more pissed

'3K said:
Aqua Soul said:
That magic paintbrush could make one hell of a melee weapon. There are too many sword-based fighters anyway. Give us someone with a staff-like weapon.

Exactly!

Aqua Soul said:
Meh, I like Bowser Jr and all, but I don't think he should be playable in SSB. First off, that's gonna make the koopaling fanboys/girls even more pissed. Second, Jr. hasn't been playable in a Mario game aside from the spin-offs. I say the roster should be reserved for characters who serve more importance to their series.

Bowser hasn't been playable in the Super Mario series titles either; this does NOT include RPGs. That didn't stop him from becoming a playable in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Aqua Soul said:
Northern Verve said:
'3K said:
Big yes to Mega Man naturally, but knowing Capcom, we'd peobably end up with Zero again.

Zero as in the Mega Man series character? Or zero as in No Capcom Characters at all?

(Because if it's the former that'd be about as stupid as putting in Shadow and not Sonic playable in Brawl)

Thing is, something similar almost happened i Melee since Ness was supposed to be removed and replaced with Lucas. Nevertheless, that would be stupid having a character who's not Mega Man represent the Mega Man series.

True but I don't think it'd be the exact same thing really. If Lucas had replaced Ness in Melee then the Original 12 that was presumed safe would shrink down to the Original 8 (Perhaps Captain Falcon and of course Luigi would of remained in the series, but if Ness didn't appear again who says Jigglypuff could of also been removed for a different Pokemon sometime?). Also I know Earthbound is a loved series of fans but there's only been 3 games (And from what we see there won't be more) while Megaman has been around longer and tons of more games.

Also in technicality Ness isn't the original protagonist of the MOTHER series which I know they look VERY similar but that goes to Ninten. It only became a big deal for Ness to be in Brawl because that he and the other 11 SSB64 characters returned in Melee. Because it establishes that no matter what these 12 will be in the roster.

It was one of the best moves to keep Ness playable in Melee

'3K said:
Aqua Soul said:
That magic paintbrush could make one hell of a melee weapon. There are too many sword-based fighters anyway. Give us someone with a staff-like weapon. inb4krystal

Don_17.jpg
Don_8.jpg
;D

MnSG said:
Aqua Soul said:

Bowser hasn't been playable in the Super Mario series titles either; this does NOT include RPGs. That didn't stop him from becoming a playable in the Super Smash Bros. series.
True, but Bowser's the main villain, and as such, serves importance to the Mario series.

I don't think the turtles will ever find their way in the Smash series, sadly. Mega Man wouldn't be surprising though.

Smasher 101 said:
I don't think the turtles will ever find their way in the Smash series, sadly.

Unless you texture hack

Baby Luigi said:
Smasher 101 said:

Unless you texture hack

Sadly, I don't think any character has similar character models to the turtles.

Anyway, I was thinking if we should make a list of our own "must have" characters.

Aqua Soul said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smasher 101 said:

Unless you texture hack

Sadly, I don't think any character has similar character models to the turtles.

Anyway, I was thinking if we should make a list of our own "must have" characters.

I can turn Yoshi into a blob if I want to. Or make a Jet the Hawk go over Yoshi with a PSA

Aqua Soul said:

Sounds like a cool idea. But I think I might limit mine just like the guy did in the article to spread it around a bit for my list. It will take a little bit to think if I were limited to 19 characters and the 4 categories he gave.

Aqua Soul said:
True, but Bowser's the main villain, and as such, serves importance to the Mario series.

Bowser Jr. had a main antagonistic role in Super Mario Sunshine though. In fact, his role was much larger than Bowser's in that game, even though it was Bowser who taught Bowser Jr. to antagonize Mario. Ever since, Bowser Jr. has assisted Bowser in all of his plots.

MnSG said:
Aqua Soul said:

Bowser Jr. had a main antagonistic role in Super Mario Sunshine though. In fact, his role was much larger than Bowser's in that game, even though it was Bowser who taught Bowser Jr. to antagonize Mario. Ever since, Bowser Jr. has assisted Bowser in all of his plots.

'3K said:
He's also more or less the main antagonist in NSMB as well.

Yeah, but Sunshine and NSMB were only 2 games. Bowser's been the antagonist long before Jr. came and has been like that in many more games.

Aqua Soul said:
Yeah, but Sunshine and NSMB were only 2 games. Bowser's been the antagonist long before Jr. came and has been like that in many more games.

Well at least Bowser Jr. isn't a spin-off exclusive character. Waluigi heavily suffers from that dilemma.

MnSG said:
Aqua Soul said:

Well at least Bowser Jr. isn't a spin-off exclusive character. Waluigi heavily suffers from that dilemma.

True that. Although I still prefer Jr. as an Assist Trophy or somewhere along those lines.

I would like to have Toad over Jr. if I had a choice, but why not include both?

Baby Luigi said:
I would like to have Toad over Jr. if I had a choice, but why not include both?

Probably because the other franchises need some attention too. Also, no series has had more than 5 reps.

Back