Improvements needed for the Mario series.

User 101 said:
GIVE MARIO A FREAKING BREAK! Is there a game in the Mario series without Mario?

YS_Cover.jpg

Toad85 said:
Raphael said:
User 101 said:

YS_Cover.jpg

That's the Yoshi series. Sub-series don't count for this type of quesion, IMO.

Yoshi games also count as Mario games since Yoshi was originally a Mario character. Besides, the villain is Baby Bowser, that pretty much qualifies the game as part of the Mario series.

The only Mario game I know where Mario hasn't appeared at all in any shape or form is Wario's Woods.

Raphael said:
Toad85 said:
Raphael said:
User 101 said:
YS_Cover.jpg
That's the Yoshi series. Sub-series don't count for this type of quesion, IMO.
Yoshi games also count as Mario games since Yoshi was originally a Mario character. Besides, the villain is Baby Bowser, that pretty much qualifies the game as part of the Mario series.

I didn't say Yoshi wasn't a Mario character. I said Mario isn't a Yoshi character. Hence "sub-series"?

I think there should be one game where Bowser isn't the antagonist. There should be a squad of Toad Ninjas who kidnap Princess Peach or assassinate Mario. Or the Koopz Gang, a gang of smart talking koopas who only look out for themselves. Maybe the Shamans of Merlin, the family that turns on Mario!

Dr. Shroob said:
I think there should be one game where Bowser isn't the antagonist. There should be a squad of Toad Ninjas who kidnap Princess Peach or assassinate Mario. Or the Koopz Gang, a gang of smart talking koopas who only look out for themselves. Maybe the Shamans of Merlin, the family that turns on Mario!

Why would any toad want to kill Peach? She's their freaking ruler! I would like a game where Bowser isn't the main antagonist, but we've already got that:

Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
New Super Mario Bros.
Any spin-off other than Mario Party and Mario Super Sluggers.

Dr. Shroob said:

You like dark themes in your games, huh?

Toad85 said:
Dr. Shroob said:

Why would any toad want to kill Peach? She's their freaking ruler! I would like a game where Bowser isn't the main antagonist, but we've already got that:

Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
New Super Mario Bros.
Any spin-off other than Mario Party and Mario Super Sluggers.

Aaand you missed Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1. Return to old-school graphics. Capcom already did it. Why not Nintendo?

2. Mario is Missing....done the RIGHT way.

3. RETURN OF F.L.U.D.D

4. Give Mario the Poltergust 3000 in a reversal of a familiar game. :P

5. Do a game in the POV of a Toad. The Sims but with Mario characters and an actual story you can finish.

Response to Gutsehman:

1: Because new-school gamers, who are the majority, like to se graphical advancement, not retreat.

2: Maybe, but it has to be low-volume. It's not gonna be SMG2, it's a minor game.

3: YESSS!!!! FLUDD needs another appearence in a major game.

4: NOOOO!!! I liked Luigi's Mansion, because it provided a chance for Luigi to grow as a character. Taking that away would ruin the whole game. Mario could be a second playable character, but Luigi has to be the first.

5: I agree, but have it made by a third-party developer. It's possible: Sonic games have been developed by Dimps. I don't trust Nintendo to make a good Sims-esque game.

Back