What do you think of Super Mario 64 DS?

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
It's awesome! I only got 8 Power Stars though

Its way better than then N64. 150 stars.

The worst part is how hard it is to control the characters with the control pad thingy (the 3DS came to the rescue six or seven years later, though).

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=11782.0

I think there's already a SM64DS thread somewhere but that one is so long dead I'd probably yell at someone for bumping it. Carry on, this thread is legit.

I was about to mention something like that but then I saw your post and erased it.

Anyways, I liked this game better than the original. I enjoyed all of the extra levels and characters. But the controls were a little off. Thankfully, the 3DS control pad works really well.

I like the idea of Mario being unlocked. i mean, he's usually considered the most important character in the series, so u should have to work your way up to control him. As for Yoshi being the hero in the beginning, I like that too, because in every game Yoshi has appeared in in the main mario series, he's been a horse, when he's much better than that. This is the only game in the main mario series where he's had a role away from mario. I bet he's pretty annoyed that he's gotta take Mario everywhere, and now he's gotta save him from being locked up.Since Mario's always stopping Bowser, by himself, it was only a matter of time before he got kidnapped.

Mario Kart 3DS said:
But, I love the minigames and the multiplayer! :mario: :luigi: :wario: :yoshi:
I think :waluigi: should of been in the game.

I found it really addicting. I got 137 Stars On my first run through a couple of years ago, and two days ago I started from Scratch and 100%'d it. I don't know why people complain about unlocking Mario, I don't see them complaining about Luigi and Wario. The whole game seemed fun, except for certain 100 Coin Stars (Lethal Lava Land, Rainbow Ride, Tiny-Huge Island) and I thought it was definitely worth it.

Crackin355 said:
I found it really addicting. I got 137 Stars On my first run through a couple of years ago, and two days ago I started from Scratch and 100%'d it. I don't know why people complain about unlocking Mario, I don't see them complaining about Luigi and Wario. The whole game seemed fun, except for certain 100 Coin Stars (Lethal Lava Land, Rainbow Ride, Tiny-Huge Island) and I thought it was definitely worth it.
Same, the first SM64 is fun but this is way better and bigger.

King Bill said:
Crackin355 said:
Same, the first SM64 is fun but this is way better and bigger.
and it has Yoshi playable!

If you could get into the controls, the game wasn't bad. I didn't like how the game felt easier (probably because you could switch characters to make some stars easier to get), but the multiplayer battle mode was nice. What I'm most disappointed about this game though, is that it wasn't multiplayer in the actual game. I was really looking forward to that, but they took it out.

Back