Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stooben, buddy lists should be a simple 'click to enable' box in features & options.

Otherwise, update SMF.

Btw, what mods do we have at the moment?

Teletubby said:
Stooben, buddy lists should be a simple 'click to enable' box in features & options.

Otherwise, update SMF.

I believe the mods are Glowsquid, SG27, Stoobario, Steve, Vile, and Smiddle.

A cool feature would be [youtube] tags.

Radical Spartan said:
A cool feature would be [youtube] tags.
Certain browsers some of our users have can't support embeded videos. I know's Stoob's freezes when it reaches one, and my DSi doesn't have flash.

Radical Spartan said:

I was talking about SMF modifications.

Teletubby said:
Radical Spartan said:

I was talking about SMF modifications.
CD-i%20Link.jpg

lol

The current SMF modifications would be interesting to know though.

Teletubby said:
Even if it is that simple, it's nothing that I have access to.

Teletubby said:
Otherwise, update SMF.
Gonna have to talk to Steve about that. Most packages that we could install work fine with this version though, so I see no reason for an update.

Teletubby said:
Uh...I don't have a list of modifications, but I believe that the only ones we have are the spoiler tags and the Mario smiley pack.

Stooben Rooben said:
Teletubby said:
Uh...I don't have a list of modifications, but I believe that the only ones we have are the spoiler tags and the Mario smiley pack.
Don't forget the porple smilie. That didn't come with SMF. :porple:

Neither did the :posh: smiley.

Those can just be added at any time in the smiley section of the ACP. The Mario smileys were all part of a package.

Stooben Rooben said:
Those can just be added at any time in the smiley section of the ACP.
I don't want to sound any more unaware than normal, but what's an ACP? :koopa:

Stooben Rooben said:
Teletubby said:
Even if it is that simple, it's nothing that I have access to.

Teletubby said:
Otherwise, update SMF.
Gonna have to talk to Steve about that. Most packages that we could install work fine with this version though, so I see no reason for an update.

Teletubby said:

Wait, what parts of the admin section do you have access to?

The same parts a G-Mod does.

Administration Center
Support and Credits
Boards
Posts and Topics
Members
Membergroups
Registration
Ban List

Stooben Rooben said:
The same parts a G-Mod does.

Administration Center
Support and Credits
Boards
Posts and Topics
Members
Membergroups
Registration
Ban List
Then how did you upload the Bowser skin?

"Features and Options" should be right near the theme configuration stuff are.
t_mwvm_33e2597.png

Uh, dude, Steve was the one who uploaded the Bowser skin. I just gave it to him.

Why isn't there a rank for members who can access MJ2? (Like V.I.P or something)

Stooben Rooben said:
Uh, dude, Steve was the one who uploaded the Bowser skin. I just gave it to him.
Oh, okay. :P
Radical Spartan said:
Why isn't there a rank for members who can access MJ2? (Like V.I.P or something)
He might have added a group to you under "additional groups", which wouldn't let you see the group title on your profile.

Audacity of Dope said:
Radical Spartan said:
He might have added a group to you under "additional groups", which wouldn't let you see the group title on your profile.
Which is exactly what I did.

Stooben Rooben said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Radical Spartan said:
Which is exactly what I did.

By the way, I have a suggestion. You should make a board based on a group that has a certain amount of posts (as a way to award our most active posters). Perhaps those with 500+ posts and any form of forum moderation has access.

That would just cause people to make spammy posts so they could reach that set amount of posts faster. Which is something I'd rather not see.

Can a mod please change the star icon of 'Core 'Shroom Staff' to starmodfat.gif? That way it's consistent with the theme ;)

Teletubby said:
Can a mod please change the star icon of 'Core 'Shroom Staff' to starmodfat.gif? That way it's consistent with the theme ;)
The current star looks cool though. I don't really see any reason to change it other than being over-organized. :P

I have a new suggestion. An automatic PM for new forum members the first time they login. It should just welcome them and add a link to the "Hi! I'm new here thread". I also want to have posting in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread as a requirement for new users, because I'm getting tired of random new users jumping into the mid-conversation of some topic, while we have no idea who the heck they are since most new users never tell us about them in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread. Before anyone says anything, I have tried welcoming them through a PM and asking them about who they are, but they never respond and never log back in again. -_-''

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
I have a new suggestion. An automatic PM for new forum members the first time they login. It should just welcome them and add a link to the "Hi! I'm new here thread".
Is that even technically possible with SMF? Is there a modification that can do that?
I also want to have posting in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread as a requirement for new users, because I'm getting tired of random new users jumping into the mid-conversation of some topic, while we have no idea who the heck they are since most new users never tell us about them in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread. Before anyone says anything, I have tried welcoming them through a PM and asking them about who they are, but they never respond and never log back in again. -_-''
IMO, new members shouldn't be obligated to post anywhere. That might drive them away.
Before anyone says anything, I have tried welcoming them through a PM and asking them about who they are, but they never respond and never log back in again. -_-''
Some users don't feel comfortable disclosing personal information as much as others.

I have a new suggestion. An automatic PM for new forum members the first time they login. It should just welcome them and add a link to the "Hi! I'm new here thread".
Not necessary. Most forums don't even use this feature (I don't know if SMF even supports it). Besides, users can send out welcomes to new users if they want to. I do that with most new members.

Nerdy Guy said:
I also want to have posting in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread as a requirement for new users, because I'm getting tired of random new users jumping into the mid-conversation of some topic, while we have no idea who the heck they are since most new users never tell us about them in the "Hi, I'm new here" thread.
Yeah, and let's make it so 'retired' users are never allowed to post on the forum again. That's pretty stupid, dude. Users should be able to post ANYWHERE they want. I don't remember ever posting in the "Hello, I'm new here" thread when I first joined. Most people got along fine with me jumping into conversations. If members have the balls to be themselves and try to become a part of the community first thing they get here, let them.

Nerdy Guy said:
Before anyone says anything, I have tried welcoming them through a PM and asking them about who they are, but they never respond and never log back in again. -_-''
Members don't have to respond to PMs if they don't want to.

Is it possible to allow Local Mods to change their name? That's my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back