Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question, if Noah Cobald is an Admin now, why is he still the moderator of The Help Desk?

Whoops; I forgot to remove him from that board when I took away his localized powers last night. Thanks for catching that.

Sharks Territory said:
Congrats to Cobalt for a well-deserved promotion!
Thread is for suggestions, not for congratulations.

inb4"that's not a suggestion either". yes, i know, I'm only reminding him.

Kinniku Man said:
Sharks Territory said:
Congrats to Cobalt for a well-deserved promotion!
Thread is for suggestions, not for congratulations.

inb4"that's not a suggestion either". yes, i know, I'm only reminding him.
That's our job, Garlic. You don't need to remind him. :P

Mr. Bean said:
Some button that takes you to the first unread post, like that one in the BUlbapedia forums :)
There is a "new" button to the right of the topic title in each board's index that does that same thing.

Blur said:
Mr. Bean said:
Some button that takes you to the first unread post, like that one in the BUlbapedia forums :)
There is a "new" button to the right of the topic title in each board's index that does that same thing.
Oh cool :) I always thought it was just to say tehre were new posts :P

I know Ugo suggested this before, but what about a friend list? It just dawned on me that we might be able to install one now because we currently have an up-to-date version of SMF. If we could, maybe we can have it setup like the one the INWA forum has.

Nerdy Guy said:
I know Ugo suggested this before, but what about a friend list? It just dawned on me that we might be able to install one now because we currently have an up-to-date version of SMF. If we could, maybe we can have it setup like the one the INWA forum has.
It's NIWA, but I'm ok with friend lists too.

Can we not have the wiki be the leftmost link? I keep clicking on it expecting it to be the home link.

But if we replace the Wiki link with the Home link I'll have no idea what to do to get to the wiki anymore!
And I'll always end up opening another forum tab! And we all know how horrible those forums can be...
And if not there, where would the Wiki tab go!? The Forums' logo?!?!?! That's where the link to the forum is!

Uniju said:
But if we replace the Wiki link with the Home link I'll have no idea what to do to get to the wiki anymore!
And I'll always end up opening another forum tab! And we all know how horrible those forums can be...
And if not there, where would the Wiki tab go!? The Forums' logo?!?!?! That's where the link to the forum is!
Maybe it becomes the rightmost link?

But than I will still always hit the wrong link!
I just can't live without the Wiki's link there... It's been there for three years!

SMB said:
Jesus Freak said:
Can we not have the wiki be the leftmost link? I keep clicking on it expecting it to be the home link.
I thought the Wiki tab was to the left...
It is. Read her post again and think about it. :P

I just noticed there was a "Help" tab... o_0

And you can always just click the forum logo to go to the home page, so I say keep the wiki link where it is.

Sheep Man said:
SMB said:
Jesus Freak said:
I thought the Wiki tab was to the left...
It is. Read her post again and think about it. :P

I just noticed there was a "Help" tab... o_0

And you can always just click the forum logo to go to the home page, so I say keep the wiki link where it is.
I also thought that SMB :)

I had never noticed that tab o_O

And yes, its easier to click the logo

I have a small idea, make a rule against making one word posts. I mean, obviously not in MJ or MJII, but come on how would, "Per" or "I agree" or even ":lol:" contribute to the conversation?

Now, obviously, there would be topics outside of MJ/MJII where one word posts would be acceptable, an example would be the "What game did you last play?!?!?!?!?" topic.

I wish this was also a rule at the NIWA forums because then about 40% of SMB's posts would violate this rule. oO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back