Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about something to unwatch topics???

We need more ops in Chat.  The most active chatters should be opped (if they're responsible).  Late Tuesday night (or early Wednesday morning, depending on your time zone), someone, presumably Turboo, opped Jorge on #mariowiki.  We need more ops!  It's getting out of hand!  People are getting away with all sorts of crap now!  IT NEEDS TO STOP!

Uniju de-opped him a couple minutes later. However, why did it happen in the first place?

Sharks Territory said:
We need more ops in Chat. The most active chatters should be opped (if they're responsible). Late Tuesday night (or early Wednesday morning, depending on your time zone), someone, presumably Turboo, opped Jorge on #mariowiki. We need more ops! It's getting out of hand! People are getting away with all sorts of crap now! IT NEEDS TO STOP!

Uniju de-opped him a couple minutes later. However, why did it happen in the first place?
Turboo wasn't there when it happened. He claims he hacked one of the ops to op himself.
EDIT: Looking at it again, yeah, it was probably Turboo.
EDIT2: I don't think this belongs in Suggestions for Improvement.

Saria said:
A little button to unwatch topics, so they dont appear anympre in Updated Topics
I don't know if there's a package for that, but I'll look into it.

@Ugo: Yeah, that'd be a neat feature.

EDIT: I can't find a buddy list feature that works with our version of SMF.

Screw buddy lists, we need word wrap. 8)

Piraka Wario said:
I already have Word Wrap, it's built into my DSi. I think the forum's own word wrap might screw it up a little.

Also, I'd like to suggest more post rankings, like ranks for 2000, 3000, 4000, 6000, etc. besides just the ones for 1000, 5000, and 10000. And the 10000 post rank should be renamed to something more Mario series themed like "Mega Mario".

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Piraka Wario said:
I already have Word Wrap, it's built into my DSi. I think the forum's own word wrap might screw it up a little.

Also, I'd like to suggest more post rankings, like ranks for 2000, 3000, 4000, 6000, etc. besides just the ones for 1000, 5000, and 10000. And the 10000 post rank should be renamed to something more Mario series themed like "Mega Mario".

Per. Perhaps it should be for 1000; 2000; 5000; and 10,000 posts.

Sounds like a reasonable idea; I'll wait for some more feedback on it.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Piraka Wario said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What I meant was word wrap instead of that scroll bar.

Ah, that makes sense. I'll see if I can find a package for it that works with our version of SMF.

Probably.

And even if I didn't, the only other way to change that would be by editing the index.php of the forum skins. (Which I don't have access to.)

Stooben Rooben said:
And even if I didn't, the only other way to change that would be by editing the index.php of the forum skins.
Speaking of forum skins, how the Yoshi's Island skin coming along? It's been a while since I last asked.

I got a little too busy to keep working on it. Whenever my homework load lightens up, I'll continue working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back