Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angry Sasquatch said:
Is it possible to allow Local Mods to change their name? That's my suggestion.

I don't think it even is, because Local Moderators are, well, local. They don't moderate the whole forum, so there would be no need for them to be able to do a forum-wide action.

Actually, it is possible.

But I don't have access to the Permissions part of the ACP. >_>

Stooben Rooben said:
Actually, it is possible.

But I don't have access to the Permissions part of the ACP. >_>
Can you bring that up with Steve, maybe? It'd be nice to be able to change my username.

Suggestion:

Changing Mindless Junk from a child board to a mother board (no pun intended). It's pretty big compared to Off-Topic, and probilly big enough to it's own board. It seems a little unneeded to keep it as a sub-board. We could just move it out of Off-Topic and make MJII it's (Mindless Junk's) child board.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Suggestion:

Changing Mindless Junk from a child board to a mother board (no pun intended). It's pretty big compared to Off-Topic, and probilly big enough to it's own board. It seems a little unneeded to keep it as a sub-board. We could just move it out of Off-Topic and make MJII it's (Mindless Junk's) child board.

That actually sounds good to me. Admins? :eek:

3) A page that shows recent name changes and what thier origanial registered name was so we won't be confused when someone changes thier name.
we really need that

Saria said:
3) A page that shows recent name changes and what thier origanial registered name was so we won't be confused when someone changes thier name.
we really need that

I didn't see that when it was posted, but yeah, that would be helpful.

Asdfghjkl said:
Saria said:
we really need that

I didn't see that when it was posted, but yeah, that would be helpful.
Per'd.

Suggestion:

Gonna have to disagree. Off-Topic discussion is for any topics that don't fit in the other boards. (i.e. Gaming, Entertainment, etc.) Mindless Junk takes these topics and makes them sillier; they're still off-topic, so it only makes sense to have it as a child board.

I also find the thought of MJ being a primary board strange in general.

Saria said:
we really need that
I proposed that a while ago, but the idea never stuck :/ I really don't care, personally.

What?
Off-Topic is the mother because it's more general, not because it's more active.

That's not what I said. (Unless you were directing that at someone else...?)

But Uni has a point too.

I was actually responding to Nerdy Guy(161131), I hadn't noticed there was another page.
EDIT: And again, I didn't notice it was still the same conversation... :P

It isn't really like that anymore. Since no one never ever really makes topics that are off-topic enough to fit into Mindless Junk (with the exception of a rare thread that comes along once or twice a year and then gets submerged by other threads when it's moved because it's not that interesting and/or it sucks), Mindless Junk is now a big playroom. Every user (give or take a few) pretty much now knows enough not to make dumb topics anywhere else, so they make them directly in MJ. The topics in there also have thier own style; when one poster makes a joke, all the other ones pick up on it and make somewhat of an improv-skit out of it. Mindless Junk also is completly different then the other boards, because sometimes parts of the conversations stick and a running gag is formed, something that never seems to happen in the other boards (with the exception of "THRONE GET!!!". Multiple running gags on the forum have been born in said board (most known ones are Ugo being Uniju son/maid, and O0 being named "Greg").

To sum up what I said:
I think Mindless Junk is no longer just a off-topic board, and has now become a form of entertainment and fun. It seems odd to me to keep it as a child board of Off-Topic. Though you could keep it anyway you want, it doesn't really matter to me.

Piraka Wario said:
I was actually responding to Nerdy Guy(161131), I hadn't noticed there was another page.
EDIT: And again, I didn't notice it was still the same conversation... :P
Oh, okay. :P

@Nerdy Guy: It'd probably be best just to keep it where its at. I get your point, but it doesn't really seem like reason enough to move it.

Stooben Rooben said:
It'd probably be best just to keep it where its at. I get your point, but it doesn't really seem like reason enough to move it.
'K. I'm fine with that. :)

Could we move the "Hi, I'm new here" thread over to General Disscussion? It seems like it'll make sense to do so. The thread has to do with the entire forum, so it'll fit better in the new board. Plus there's close to too many stickies in Off-Topic and said thread has one of the lowest ammount of posts so it won't be that major of a move board post-count wise. I've also seen other forums with a welcome thread in their version of the General Discussion board, it fits nicely. I'm ready to move it if anyone higher then me says okay, but it's not one of my high piorities and I'm fine if I get a "No".

Per.

Also, What Are You Listening To should be in General Entertainment, since it is about music, which is, well, entertainment.

^Good point. I'll move that to General Entertainment when I move "Hi, I'm New Here" to General Discussion. :)

I just need to wait to see what Stoob thinks... *hint* *hint*

________________________ said:
Per.

Also, What Are You Listening To should be in General Entertainment, since it is about music, which is, well, entertainment.
Except you don't actually discuss the music there, you just say what you're doing, and threads as such should go in Off-Topic, as they do on most forums and have traditionally gone on this forum.

'K, then I'll just move "Hi, I'm new here". Though only if Stoob lets me.

Uniju's right about the "What are you listening to?" thread. The "Hi, I'm New Here" thread can be moved. (In fact, I'll move it now. :P)

Stooben Rooben said:
The "Hi, I'm New Here" thread can be moved. (In fact, I'll move it now. :P)
Cool. I was going to do it because I'm a mod in that board, but it was nice of you for doing it instead. ;)

Maybe put the "Who's Online" limit to 10 minutes, or even 5? It would be more accurate that way.

________________________ said:
Maybe put the "Who's Online" limit to 10 minutes, or even 5? It would be more accurate that way.
Not really, most people go to another window while on here which gives the apparence of doing nothing. 15 minutes is around the time most of them go back to the window with the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back