Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a child board for the Shroom? there are a good number of shroom threads :)

Tucayo said:
How about a child board for the Shroom? there are a good number of shroom threads :)
I support this idea.

Cobalt Kaleidoscope said:
My suggestion is a shop mod to be installed.
If I recall correctly, Steve didn't want that to be installed. Same with an arcade.

1) Fawful Smilie.

2) Hidden Board that anyone can post in if they find it. It'll be like a secret page or something.

3) A page that shows recent name changes and what thier origanial registered name was so we won't be confused when someone changes thier name.

These are some of my suggestions. Also, when is that Yoshi's Island skin going to be done? ???

1) If I can find a good one, then I'll ask Steve to install it.
2) I doubt it'd happen, but it's a good thought.
3) I've brought that up the the mods before. The main argument was that you can just PM the user and as who it is.
4) When it gets done. I'm really thin on time, and the skin one of my last priorities. It will get done, don't worry.

Bullfrog Dude said:
I want the popple smiley from chat.
And that :shroobnana: one we used to have on chat. It'd be a nice thing to have here.

I agree with Vile.

Also, another cool BBTag would [user] which made the viewer's name appear.

Vile said:
Does this forum have spoiler tags? Those would be a welcome addition.
SMF isn't pre-equipped with that, but I think there's a package that could be installed that would make that feature work. I can ask Steve about it.

@Noah: I'll ask him about that as well.

This just happened in chat:

[20:54] * ralphfan slaps Jorge around a bit with a large trout.
[20:54] * ralphfan doesn't know where he finds all these trouts.
[20:54] <Princess_Jigglypuff> I beat CleverBot I win.
[20:55] * Princess_Jigglypuff steals all the trout
[20:55] * ralphfan slaps Princess_Jigglypuff around a bit with a large trout
[20:55] <Princess_Jigglypuff> Oh *bleep* you.

No kick.  None.

[20:58] <Kylie_Koopa> the ops decide what is kickable
[20:58] <Kylie_Koopa> i say he didn't flame you

That's op abuse, friends.

I don't really get how 'fuck you' can be considered a flame. While it is rude, it doesn't really make an infraction on #mariowiki's current rules. Now, if would've said 'fuck you, asshole', then that would be grounds for a kick.

Stooben Rooben said:
I don't really get how 'fuck you' can be considered a flame. While it is rude, it doesn't really make an infraction on #mariowiki's current rules. Now, if would've said 'fuck you, asshole', then that would be grounds for a kick.
also

"Please note that accusing the Ops of breaking rules is not grounds for punishment, and is completely acceptable. However, if the Op in question states why you were kicked or banned, and it is in compliance with the rules, you hold no right to accuse the Op of abusing their power or breaking the rules. "

Obviously, he didn't say *bleep*, he said the real thing. So, adding asshole makes it so much worse? What the hell kinda crappy rule is that?

Look at it this way. If I were to say "Well, poop on you, Ralphfan!" Would you take offense to that? Probably not. "Screw you" and "F*ck you" are pretty much a more vulgar way of saying that. Like I said, it's rude to say the least. The additional 'asshole', 'jackass', 'dickhead', or anything like that -- comments that are widely accepted as flames -- morphs that comment into a flame.

I'm going to put this very simply.

"F*ck you". Yeah, that's really rude, but it's not a flame. It's just rude. It's no different than saying "Shut the f*ck up", to be honest.

"F*ck you, asshole" is where it becomes a flame, because at that point, you are being called an asshole, which is a flame.

Stooben Rooben said:
Look at it this way. If I were to say "Well, poop on you, Ralphfan!" Would you take offense to that? Probably not. "Screw you" and "F*ck you" are pretty much a more vulgar way of saying that. Like I said, it's rude to say the least. The additional 'asshole', 'jackass', 'dickhead', or anything like that -- comments that are widely accepted as flames -- morphs that comment into a flame.

"F*ck you". Yeah, that's really rude, but it's not a flame. It's just rude. It's no different than saying "Shut the f*ck up", to be honest.

"F*ck you, asshole" is where it becomes a flame, because at that point, you are being called an asshole, which is a flame.
I'm kind of neutral in this, (leaning a bit more on the "**** is a flame" side) but isn't context also a factor in this? I've seen a couple people (mainy on the highway) roll down thier window and yell "**** you, buddy!" or "**** you, you son of a bitch!" at people because someone cut them off, I consider that to be a flame since it's aimed directly at the person. Now even if we get rid of the extra word(s) after the comma, it still means the same thing, but it just looks a little different. What I'm trying to say is, isn't just saying "**** you" a flame even though there's no "asshole", etc. at the end, because of the context?

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I'm kind of neutral in this, (leaning a bit more on the "**** is a flame" side) but isn't context also a factor in this? I've seen a couple people (mainy on the highway) roll down thier window and yell "**** you, buddy!" or "**** you, you son of a bitch!" at people because someone cut them off, I consider that to be a flame since it's aimed directly at the person. Now even if we get rid of the extra word(s) after the comma, it still means the same thing, but it just looks a little different. What I'm trying to say is, isn't just saying "**** you" a flame even though there's no "asshole", etc. at the end, because of the context?
I thought you were on my side. :'(

ralphfan said:
This just happened in chat:

[20:54] * ralphfan slaps Jorge around a bit with a large trout.
[20:54] * ralphfan doesn't know where he finds all these trouts.
[20:54] <Princess_Jigglypuff> I beat CleverBot I win.
[20:55] * Princess_Jigglypuff steals all the trout
[20:55] * ralphfan slaps Princess_Jigglypuff around a bit with a large trout
[20:55] <Princess_Jigglypuff> Oh *bleep* you.

No kick. None.

[20:58] <Kylie_Koopa> the ops decide what is kickable
[20:58] <Kylie_Koopa> i say he didn't flame you

That's op abuse, friends.
The chatroom has looser rules than the forums, simple as that. You can say "Fuck you too" if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back