Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Fanta, I was just taking it as an example on how nice a Mobile site can look.
Fair enough.

Lakituthequick said:
MKGirlism said:
If you want to know what I mean, just visit my Forums via a Windows Phone, Android Device, or iOS Device, or just click "Mobile view" at the bottom.
that page said:
Fatal error: MySQL Error. in /home/openpanel-admin/sites/www.mkgirlism.eu/public_html/lib/mysql.php on line 174

fantanoice said:
This looks like a pretty good one but it isn't free:
http://smf-media.com/
I think it won't work then. It is already expensive enough to need ads on this website for it to run.
$20 isn't exactly a monstrous amount of money to make, though...

Indeed, it's still affordable enough.
IP.Board is expensive, and buying a couple of needed Apps and Hooks for it is as expensive as € 500,- a year.
Then why should this Plugin alone be expensive?

Kind of off-topic, but how about adding something about the mobile version in the FAQ?

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but even though Master Crash is no longer a moderator, I still see his name here

Why is he still moderator of that group, considering he can no longer ban users?

yayy porple

I support this, provided its feasible.

Also, what about putting a link to the FAQ under the Help tab (when you roll over it)?

not sure if this is the right place to put this, but i was wondering about rules 16 and 17.

rule 16 said:
Do not create a new topic for subject(s) which already have an active topic. If a topic already exists but hasn't received a reply for some time (say at least four months), a new topic is generally preferred over bumping the old topic.
rule 17 said:
Do not bump old topics unless you have something relevant to say or contribute. Posting information irrelevant to the topic or replying to an old quote will be considered spam. As well, do not cause a riot if a user has bumped or created a thread if the said user has something relevant to say. If the user has made a post in an old topic that violates this rule, simply report it to the moderators.

unless i'm interpreting things wrong, rule 17 says that it's ok to bump topics as long you post something relevant, but then rule 16 says to make new topics if the old one hasn't been posted in for 4 months. so i'm just wondering, which is the preferred thing to do? i was going to bump a topic from february to contribute my thoughts on a game and also see if i could get some advice, but if a new topic is preferred then i'll do that instead.

Pearl said:
not sure if this is the right place to put this, but i was wondering about rules 16 and 17.

rule 16 said:
Do not create a new topic for subject(s) which already have an active topic. If a topic already exists but hasn't received a reply for some time (say at least four months), a new topic is generally preferred over bumping the old topic.
rule 17 said:
Do not bump old topics unless you have something relevant to say or contribute. Posting information irrelevant to the topic or replying to an old quote will be considered spam. As well, do not cause a riot if a user has bumped or created a thread if the said user has something relevant to say. If the user has made a post in an old topic that violates this rule, simply report it to the moderators.

unless i'm interpreting things wrong, rule 17 says that it's ok to bump topics as long you post something relevant, but then rule 16 says to make new topics if the old one hasn't been posted in for 4 months. so i'm just wondering, which is the preferred thing to do? i was going to bump a topic from february to contribute my thoughts on a game and also see if i could get some advice, but if a new topic is preferred then i'll do that instead.
if you're gonna post some random crap that has little to do with the topic at hand and bumps the topic from over 4 months, obey rule 16. If you have something important to add to the topic at hand by bumping it from over 4 months, obey rule 17

we kinda need a proper rule around this one though, even what I wrote there isn't really making sense to me

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but if someone puts a disallowed word in their custom title the swear filter doesn't censor it, but it does if it's in the personal text. I'm not the type of person who is extremly bothered by this kind of thing, but just to point it out.

Bizarre Help Requests

Since when did the help subforum become a platform to request help on, well, everything? I thought the help subforum was to ask questions about the forum, not about problems with your Playstation, or whether you can take certain prescription medications together

Re: Bizarre Help Requests

Clay Mario said:
Since when did the help subforum become a platform to request help on, well, everything? I thought the help subforum was to ask questions about the forum, not about problems with your Playstation, or whether you can take certain prescription medications together
The board isn't heavily used and if we restricted the questions it would be barely used at all. Question topics might as well be concentrated in one area to leave the other boards for discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back