Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=21045.0

I'm sure he meant blocks exceeding 90 days. But I don't think it's too necessary IMO

I think he means a log of all blocks, including ones that are not in effect, like the wiki does. The mods probably have something like that but I don't think it could be made visible to anyone else. Also, like Baby Luigi said, it's kind of unnecessary.

I'm not sure if any of you has this problem too, but it randomly happens, that Off-Subject Discussion and Mindless Junk gets marked as read (the Mushroom Icon).
If I Refresh the page once, it's red, if I Refresh the same page once more, it becomes grey.
If I'm away an entire Night, every Icon is red, except for Off-Subject Discussion and Mindless Junk, even though people Posted in there.
When I visit these, return, wait a while, and Refresh, they're red again, as they're supposed to be, but one more Refresh, and they're grey again.

Would it be a good idea to put a link to the FAQ along the bar at the top, possibly between "Help" and "Search"?

It might help to stop new users from making threads asking about it in Mindless Junk.

Suggestion:

Too make the regular smilies show up (so like :) , :D , and :P for example) they should have to be typed like, for example, this:
Code:
::D:
with colons around it.

Because honestly, I think the regular text for some of them look better like the regular tongue-face and grin and it's just annoying sometimes to see the ugly smilie show up when you're just used to typing the text version.

I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but I just find the smilie versions to be ugly compared to the just plain text.

is it physically possible to make it so you can select "don't use smileys" for PMs

ok so based on earlier discussion, the majority seems to be either in support of or neutral about adding a sports childboard in the entertainment board

Can we do this then?

MKGirlism said:
I'm not sure if any of you has this problem too, but it randomly happens, that Off-Subject Discussion and Mindless Junk gets marked as read (the Mushroom Icon).
If I Refresh the page once, it's red, if I Refresh the same page once more, it becomes grey.
If I'm away an entire Night, every Icon is red, except for Off-Subject Discussion and Mindless Junk, even though people Posted in there.
When I visit these, return, wait a while, and Refresh, they're red again, as they're supposed to be, but one more Refresh, and they're grey again.

Bug impact: High.
Fucks given: 0.

That's why I thought multiple people have this problem, apparently not.

Disabling smileys occurs only in that post. Everyone can see it.

If you quote it the disabling is overidden and you have to set it again.

I've noticed something that is likely unchangeable, but worth noting.

In the page numbers under a post,

1 2 3 4 5 is shorter than
1 2 3 ... 5

Which is weird

Also, the problem with Off-Subject and/or Mindless Junk got resolved.
I just had to (finally) restart Chrome to Update it, lol.

Is by any chance can we change the color of the imbedded link in a post? I find it very hard to distinguish between dark red and black and sometimes I miss out the links because of the indistinguishable color.

Well, the problem I was talking about before has returned, and I've Updated Google Chrome to Version 30.x.

Baby Luigi said:
Is by any chance can we change the color of the imbedded link in a post? I find it very hard to distinguish between dark red and black and sometimes I miss out the links because of the indistinguishable color.
I have that problem too, links are too easy to miss.
Maybe it should have an external link symbol like the wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back