Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can change the color of links by using the COLOR-tags inside the URL-tags. It won't change color on mouse-over, but you'll still get the hand-pointer.

This, however, only works if the poster uses it.

I can't word it right, but I think it kinda defeats the purpose of my request...

Sorry I can't really express my thoughts

Let me rephrase it: your solution isn't really what I was looking for

isn't this the third time it's been suggested

we made a sports thread and it's barely even been posted in

i still don't see the demand of a sports board

how about we make some threads for different sports, and if they're popular, then we make a board?

Any chance you guys could add a mobile theme and Tapatalk support to the forum? It's kinda tricky to browse the site from my phone.

We actually have a mobile version:

Lakituthequick said:
Posts are recognized by the cell phone icon.

Just add "?wap2" behind the url on the index page.

Standard in every SMF-installation.

The thing is sports threads get buried in the huge mass of other tv and my little pony or whatever related posts and that's kind of the whole point of making a sports board so that doesn't happen.

Nabber said:
Drift said:
We actually have a mobile version:

Lakituthequick said:
Posts are recognized by the cell phone icon.

Just add "?wap2" behind the url on the index page.

Standard in every SMF-installation.
And the mobile version sucks.
It's mostly ment for old-school cell-phones anyway.

I can't even access it on my smartphone. It'd be nice to have a better mobile version. But then again, the Tapatalk XDA app is pretty bad, so...

But that's probably because it has hundreds of boards...

The Mobile Theme found in Acmlm Board XD 3.0 is awesome.
It uses the same look and feel from the Desktop Theme, but optimised for Touch Screens.

I didn't realise there was already a mobile theme. Maybe you could put in one of those scripts that detects what device you're using and sets it to the mobile theme if it knows you're on a mobile.

Nabber said:
I can't even access it on my smartphone. It'd be nice to have a better mobile version. But then again, the Tapatalk XDA app is pretty bad, so...

But that's probably because it has hundreds of boards...
I use Tapatalk for forums I'm already on (I don't really go looking for other ones on it). It is a nice way to have them all linked up so you don't need to keep logging in for each site, which is great for me because I'm on, like, a billion forums.

fantanoice said:
I didn't realise there was already a mobile theme. Maybe you could put in one of those scripts that detects what device you're using and sets it to the mobile theme if it knows you're on a mobile.
Like I said, it's mostly for old-school phones. The software is programmed to detect those. There is a 'Wireless' tag somewhere in the data sent to server when on such device, most new (smart)phones don't sent it.

It is however possible to set up the CSS to display webpages different when the screensize is smaller or bigger then a specified value.

If you want to know what I mean, just visit my Forums via a Windows Phone, Android Device, or iOS Device, or just click "Mobile view" at the bottom.

MKGirlism said:
If you want to know what I mean, just visit my Forums via a Windows Phone, Android Device, or iOS Device, or just click "Mobile view" at the bottom.
The problem there is that it is running on a different forum software to this one. That is using AcmlmBoard XD while this is using SMF.

This looks like a pretty good one but it isn't free:
http://smf-media.com/

MKGirlism said:
that page said:
Fatal error: MySQL Error. in /home/openpanel-admin/sites/www.mkgirlism.eu/public_html/lib/mysql.php on line 174

fantanoice said:
This looks like a pretty good one but it isn't free:
http://smf-media.com/
I think it won't work then. It is already expensive enough to need ads on this website for it to run.

It looks like clicking the Link doesn't work.
You can still visit it by manually entering the URL in the URL Bar, though.
But nevertheless, I'll still fix this.

Also, Fanta, I was just taking it as an example on how nice a Mobile site can look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back