Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
NintendoQueen said:
Also, a "Liking" posts feature would be nice too. That might eliminate the whole re-quoting something and not contributing to discussion without taking up space.

I think that would be a nice thing to have, if it's possible.

NintendoQueen said:
Also, a "Liking" posts feature would be nice too. That might eliminate the whole re-quoting something and not contributing to discussion without taking up space.
I so very, very much support this.

I also support a "Like" feature too. It would keep the "per" spam posts down.

NintendoQueen said:
And here is where I would like that post. I also think it's a good idea.

Well, we had this idea before. But it's ok for you to bring it up again

Chiaki Nanami said:
While we're at it, couldn't there be a 'dislike' button on the posts, as well?

I disagree, I can imagine the downraters or people just disliking posts for the sake of being a troll.

Yeah, I wouldn't add a dislike post button. It would be too easy to troll with that.

Then just don't click the "Like" button

Some idealistic things just get ruined by trolls...

I support a "like" button for posts, this would reduce spammy "I like this," "per that," and other such comments that add no significant or new ideas to the table. As for expressing dissatisfaction with other posts, I feel that members can simply express their opinions in another post. Not having dislike buttons allows for more diverse opinions and statements to be posted in the topic at hand, and any trolling or nonsense that would be posted up can still be monitored and dealt with accurately by the moderating team on the forum.

I have my reservations on this idea because I can easily see this turning into another thing being used to garner attention à la post counts. But if this were to be implemented, the likes should not be anonymous if it's supposed to take place of "I like this" comments, because if they were anonymous, no one would be able to know who agrees. If hurting feelings is the concern here, then this shouldn't be implemented at all, because someone could easily throw a fit for their post not getting any likes.

If the goal is to reduce spammy comments, my suggestion is to simply enforce the rule on it. If people want to express their like for something, they can do so and provide at least some explanation. I don't think it's really too hard to do that.

Politoed said:
I have my reservations on this idea because I can easily see this turning into another thing being used to garner attention à la post counts. But if this were to be implemented, the likes should not be anonymous if it's supposed to take place of "I like this" comments, because if they were anonymous, no one would be able to know who agrees. If hurting feelings is the concern here, then this shouldn't be implemented at all, because someone could easily throw a fit for their post not getting any likes.

If the goal is to reduce spammy comments, my suggestion is to simply enforce the rule on it. If people want to express their like for something, they can do so and provide at least some explanation. I don't think it's really too hard to do that.

I was on another forum where next to the "Like" button it shows (for example) "NintendoQueen, Politoed, Mason, and 3 others like this" and you are able to click that little section, and it'll bring up all the members who liked that post.

NintendoQueen said:
Politoed said:

I was on another forum where next to the "Like" button it shows (for example) "NintendoQueen, Politoed, Mason, and 3 others like this" and you are able to click that little section, and it'll bring up all the members who liked that post.
i dont think smf has that, but i'll check for a downloadable mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back