Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stooben Rooben said:
I really think this place could use another mod. We've been having spam attacks daily, and we usually have to wait a while before a mod actually comes by and does something. There's also been a lot of really off-topic posts on topics lately, and only occasionally are they stopped.
I second this motion.

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Srsly, he's even sysop on UnMario. :p
I agree with the above statement. He's got positions of power everywhere else; he's an obvious candidate.

ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

I agree with the above statement. He's got positions of power everywhere else; he's an obvious candidate.
Wow, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. :)

Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Promoted people because they have power on other areas is WHY the forum is like this. Instead of promoting the most active forum users(although we did promote ChaosNinji, it's practically become a meme on this site that you have to hate him), the only other mods who are ever even kind of around are Ghost Jam and Blitzwing, obviously two people who only ever really got to be mods because they where sysops. What, you think they where promoted for they're common use of sarcasm? More likely than for being active forum members.

I'm not saying I don't think Stooben Rooben would be a reliable mod(probably better than the three previously mentioned), I'm just saying that you're logic is very flawed. I know the only thing this post will be viewed as is me being greedy and wanting power, but it's not really about that, it's not about me at all. It's about how our current line up of mods are all sarcastic jerks who will without a doubt ban me for this post, or say they could have banned me for this post and make some sarcastic joke about being loving people. Also, just so he doesn't go completely unmentioned in this post, I will mention how inactive Phoenix Rider is. There, I just did, he's inactive.
Wow.

*waits for Ninji*

But really, if anyone gets promoted, it should be Stooben.

ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Promoted people because they have power on other areas is WHY the forum is like this. Instead of promoting the most active forum users(although we did promote ChaosNinji, it's practically become a meme on this site that you have to hate him), the only other mods who are ever even kind of around are Ghost Jam and Blitzwing, obviously two people who only ever really got to be mods because they where sysops. What, you think they where promoted for they're common use of sarcasm? More likely than for being active forum members.

I'm not saying I don't think Stooben Rooben would be a reliable mod(probably better than the three previously mentioned), I'm just saying that you're logic is very flawed. I know the only thing this post will be viewed as is me being greedy and wanting power, but it's not really about that, it's not about me at all. It's about how our current line up of mods are all sarcastic jerks who will without a doubt ban me for this post, or say they could have banned me for this post and make some sarcastic joke about being loving people. Also, just so he doesn't go completely unmentioned in this post, I will mention how inactive Phoenix Rider is. There, I just did, he's inactive.
Wow.

*waits for Ninji*

u sed it

Smiddle said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Wow.

*waits for Ninji*

u sed it
Thanks; I really appreciate the support guys. But there might be someone more suitable for the job than me. I still say Smid might make a good mod, because he does do a good job at the Userpedia Forums. Sure, he may spam on occasion, but it's generally in the Mindless Junk board where it's allowed. Or at least it seems that way to me; I haven't seen every topic in existence. :P Nonetheless, I think he'd be a good candidate too.

That's my two cents.

Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Wow.

*waits for Ninji*

u sed it
Thanks; I really appreciate the support guys. But there might be someone more suitable for the job than me. I still say Smid might make a good mod, because he does do a good job at the Userpedia Forums. Sure, he may spam on occasion, but it's generally in the Mindless Junk board where it's allowed. Or at least it seems that way to me; I haven't seen every topic in existence. :P Nonetheless, I think he'd be a good candidate too.

That's my two cents.
I agree, but how about you and Smiddle, in case someone spams when you aren't around, Smiddle can take care of it. (And vice versa)

obviously two people who only ever really got to be mods because they where sysops.

Actually, *I* was promoted because Pokemon DP constantly requested it on the Sysop board (Insert Huge honkin' smiley here). But in retrospect, I wasn't probably the best choice.

I support Stooben's promotion as a global mod. Smiddle would also be decent at replacing the inactive Sir Grodus and Phoenix Rider as the moderator of a few (but not *all*) boards.

Blitzwing-2 said:
obviously two people who only ever really got to be mods because they where sysops.

Actually, *I* was promoted because Pokemon DP constantly requested it on the Sysop board (Insert Huge honkin' smiley here). But in retrospect, I wasn't probably the best choice.

I support Stooben's promotion as a global mod. Smiddle would also be decent at replacing the inactive Sir Grodus and Phoenix Rider as the moderator of a few (but not *all*) boards.
I never knew that. I thought you were promoted because you were active and followed the rules. ...Of course, that would have to take some part into it. :P

Thanks, I appreciate your support. And I'm glad someone else supports Smiddle too. :D

Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Hate me if you must, but I do just about everything here. :3

Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:

I never knew that. I thought you were promoted because you were active and followed the rules. ...Of course, that would have to take some part into it. :P

Thanks, I appreciate your support. And I'm glad someone else supports Smiddle too. :D

All it basicly boils down to is someone who is on a lot [nearly] everyday.

Free Loader said:
Harold said:
Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben4 Mod.

Hate me if you must, but I do just about everything here. :3
Making up new rules to follow and editing mindless junk posts sure is helping, so yeah. And it's not like trolls ever get away with anything, there's no way one guy has been bugging us for the last few days. You're doing a great job, keep it up.
Considering that we've told you, the members, about 50 billion times about the new rules, which we're currently editing into the rules, proves you wrong.

I can't have fun?

Do you see any trolls here? I see none.

Free Loader said:
There is a problem with having fun when it involves not letting others have fun. Do you think people enjoy you editing they're posts? Sure, it's mindless junk, but they posted in it for one reason or another and probably did not want "OMG CHAOSNINJI IS AWESOME" to be posted, they wanted whatever they posted to be posted.

Also, how does "currently editing" work? The rules haven't been updated recently. Do you have some big text file with the new rule set but you don't think it's quite done yet or something?

If someone doesn't want me to edit thier posts, speak up. I won't smite you or anything. I'm not God.

We're re-doing then.

Lario said:
Meh...
Those Mindless Junk threads are fun.
I don't really mind Ninji...

YOU JUST HAD TO SAY THAT

Free Loader said:
ChaosNinji added a new sig rule instead of simply changing the old one to say a different number. Could someone fix that?

Fix'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back