Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the other day, maybe there's a better way to do the character articles. It seems like the emphasis is all on storyline infromation, and stuff like actual history is ignored. But, I don't just want to rehash the games again by listing 'em out, saying what new character developements/voice actors/etc. came up here and there. Any ideas?

I think the users with less posts than 1000 shouldn't have custom titles. This makes over-1000 posters non-special... ;_;

PaperStriker said:
I think the users with less posts than 1000 shouldn't have custom titles. This makes over-1000 posters non-special... ;_;

There's Text AND Titles nao.

3Dejong said:
PaperStriker said:

They have both AND the ranking titles. That's unfair.

PaperStriker said:
3Dejong said:
PaperStriker said:

It's better that you all post for discussion and fun. When we had post levels, people were mass posting stupid crap just for the sake of attaining a higher level.

PaperStriker said:
3Dejong said:
PaperStriker said:

See, the only people whining about <1000 people getting titles are the people who have >1000. At least Chaosninji wasn't. Who cares about custom titles, anyway...

Garlic Man said:
PaperStriker said:
3Dejong said:
PaperStriker said:

See, the only people whining about <1000 people getting titles are the people who have >1000. At least Chaosninji wasn't. Who cares about custom titles, anyway...

I do. ;-;

Post count isn't exactly important. So why should someone get a new privilege for posting/spamming more? Also, I'm sticking to my old title.

Resident Knife said:
Post count isn't exactly important. So why should someone get a new privilege for posting/spamming more? Also, I'm sticking to my old title.
Well spoken. The custom titles after 1000 posts just makes people make stupid posts to increase the number. Think about it from the 2-star perspective... *points at number of stars above post count*

Garlic Man said:
Resident Knife said:
Well spoken. The custom titles after 1000 posts just makes people make stupid posts to increase the number. Think about it from the 2-star perspective... *points at number of stars above post count*

Exactly. If post count isn't important, why can't we have post-limited custom titles?

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Resident Knife said:

Exactly. If post count isn't important, why can't we have post-limited custom titles?

Because post count don't matter, see?

Blitzwing said:
Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Resident Knife said:

Because post count don't matter, see?
Yeah, we could just get rid of post counts all together. Nah, people would kill me for that idea...

Nerdy Guy said:
Records section, not a topic, but a page unable to have anybody post or edit it except op's and Steve. Records could be like,

The most posts by a user

The Topic to go of topic the most (I think it's this)
and more.

3D has the most posts, thats just commen sense here. :)

Nerdy Guy said:
Records section, not a topic, but a page unable to have anybody post or edit it except op's and Steve. Records could be like,

The most posts by a user

The Topic to go of topic the most (I think it's thishttp://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=3189.0)
and more.

All of those things are easy to figure out all on your own, as exemplified by the fact that you figured it out all on your own. I can't see any of it being of enough importance to warrant a dedicated page.

You could, however, document these things on a personal user subpage on the wiki.

Toadbert101 said:
lolkid500 said:
You could improve the look of it and put more characters emoticons.~~~~

Whats wrong with the look?
Well, he's banned, so he can't answer that question. :P

I really think this place could use another mod. We've been having spam attacks daily, and we usually have to wait a while before a mod actually comes by and does something. There's also been a lot of really off-topic posts on topics lately, and only occasionally are they stopped.

Stooben Rooben said:
I really think this place could use another mod. We've been having spam attacks daily, and we usually have to wait a while before a mod actually comes by and does something. There's also been a lot of really off-topic posts on topics lately, and only occasionally are they stopped.
QFT

Why Rudnicki leave!?! Were left with all these wannabes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back