Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the country thing'd be nice to have.

Mariotime11 said:
Also, one thing I've been wanting to put forward for a while; this forum allows people to remove their own posts at any time, meaning that they vanish and it's like they were never there. IMO, a post completely disappearing is kind of confusing, so how about it just reads "removed by author" or something if deleted? That way, we know a post was there, but it's been removed, as opposed to a post completely gone.

If possible, that'd be pretty cool.

The deleting part usually differ from Forum to Forum.
SMF doesn't have this by default, and I don't think there's a Plugin for that neither.

MKGirlism said:
The deleting part usually differ from Forum to Forum.
SMF doesn't have this by default, and I don't think there's a Plugin for that neither.

Funnyjunk managed to do it, I'm pretty sure we can.

Mariotime11 said:
Also, one thing I've been wanting to put forward for a while; this forum allows people to remove their own posts at any time, meaning that they vanish and it's like they were never there. IMO, a post completely disappearing is kind of confusing, so how about it just reads "removed by author" or something if deleted? That way, we know a post was there, but it's been removed, as opposed to a post completely gone.
I support this idea, provided that it's feasible.

I think it's a good idea, but it would be even better if there was a set time for that to happen. Just like how you can edit your post within the first minute or 2 without it saying "last edited", it would be neat if there was a small time frame for someone to delete their post without leaving a mark.

If we had a change like this, should there be a difference between self-deleted messages and moderated messages like GameFAQs?

Politoed said:
I think it's a good idea, but it would be even better if there was a set time for that to happen. Just like how you can edit your post within the first minute or 2 without it saying "last edited", it would be neat if there was a small time frame for someone to delete their post without leaving a mark.
That would be good as well.

Politoed said:

I agree with that, but which time frame are you looking at? Same time as for editing would probably be consistent.

Baby Luigi said:
If we had a change like this, should there be a difference between self-deleted messages and moderated messages like GameFAQs?

If it was removed by the posted it could say "removed by author" and if mods removed it it could say "removed by the moderators"
I'm not sure if two separate ones are feasible though

I took a better look at it, and it's not a Forum, more like a (custom) CMS.
I've even made a scan through the site, using Wappalyzer.

Or maybe, we could have it like YouTube, where if you remove a comment it says "Comment removed, author withheld". Would it be better to do that, or show who wrote the deleted comment?

I found out Acmlm Board XD has both options: Deleting it completely, or removing the Post, leaving a reason intact, and with an option to undelete the Post.
IP.Board also has both, but the second options stated above is called "Unapprove" on IP.Board.
But again, it highly depends on the Software used, and SMF only has the complete deleting option.

Not a suggestion, but I think a mod better take a look at the name change log.

Some of the names are outdated; Solar Blaze is now Bass, 3K is Proto Man, Ultra Mario is Rosy the Rascal and I'm Poliswag.

I just made a big update, let me know if I missed anyone or made any mistakes.

You're already there.

Smasher said:
I just made a big update, let me know if I missed anyone or made any mistakes.

PTR is on the list twice.
1. Mario and Luigi/Pokemon Trainer Red--> Red
2. Pokemon Trainer Red --> Pikachu

Goomba's Shoe is Diesel

Zero is Aquila

Spiny Master 347 is Latula Pyrope

I'm not on the list neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back