Mario Kart 7

New Christmas Yoshi said:
Which characters do you want to unlock.

Queen Bee and Wiggler. 150cc is pretty easy and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but the computers always seem to be behind me.

MCD said:
I actually went straight into 150cc as soon as I started the game, and, even without any unlocks, still found it rather easy.

As much as I want to unlock Rosalina quickly, this does mean that I'll have to deal with the Mushroom Cup and Flower Cup first. And by doing all the cups on the 50cc, followed by the 100cc, you should be experienced enough with the tracks to advance to 150cc. Besides, you have to do the 50cc and 100cc if you want to unlock the Gold tires. Sure they're rather useless, but regardless, they're an award for getting star ranks on all the engine classes.

Pandapowah said:
New Christmas Yoshi said:
I will start on 50cc first then 100cc then 150cc.

Also what order do you do the cups in MKDS, MKW and MK7, I do:
Mushroom Cup
Shell Cup
Flower Cup
Banana Cup
Star Cup
Leaf Cup
Lightning Cup
Spacial Cup

That is the same order I go through, except on 150 cc where I skipped to some cups to unlock the characters I want.

Personally I do:

Mushroom Cup
Flower Cup
Star Cup
Special Cup
Shell Cup
Banana Cup
Leaf Cup
Lightning Cup

It makes the most sense to me, and it's how Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart DS do it if you choose "in order" on vs. mode. However, I did wonder of anybody did it that way.

I did 50cc then 150cc.

I found a way to choose characters and parts. random Number generator. it makes each race quite different.

also, impressions on Mushroom Cup.

Toad Circuit: Great first level, easy to get used to drifting on the many curves. And the obvious Shortcut is obvious.
Daisy Hills: It's an okay level. Not my favourite, but it's still fun. The 'shortcut along the house roof's at the end takes longer than the regular path though.
Cheep Cheep Cape: A pretty scenic level. The design is allright and the shortcut isn't very helpful still but it's always nice to drive underwater.
Shy Guy Bazaar: Very unique. The night desert start into the city bazaar was pretty amazing the first time. the jumps along the construction looking things and the last curve are great.

I raced Aldo/Castle Toad this morning. It was fun and I got to try the new 'Join Friend's Game' thing.

MCD said:
I actually went straight into 150cc as soon as I started the game, and, even without any unlocks, still found it rather easy.
That's what I'm going to do as well. Unlocking Shy Guy is my top priority as far as hidden characters go.

Hmm... Im going to get Rosalina so I will skip to 150cc and after unlocking her do 50cc and 100cc then go and finish 150cc.

Lily said:
Hmm... Im going to get Rosalina so I will skip to 150cc and after unlocking her do 50cc and 100cc then go and finish 150cc.

Unfortunately, you need to complete the Mushroom Cup and the Flower Cup before you can do the Star Cup. At least unlocking a cup on one engine class will also unlock it for the other classes.

Re: Sorry Walugi fans

So, you could do the Mushroom and Flower cups on 50cc then you could go do the Star Cup 150cc.

All this talk makes me want to get that game. However, I need to remain patient for now. At least while I'm waiting, I can rent Mario Kart DS and get used to that game's tracks.

Yoshidude99 said:
I think it is like MKDS but with new stuff

Well, right now, Mario Kart DS is the only Mario Kart game, before Mario Kart 7, that I've never truly played yet.

Back