DK GETS A JUNGLE INSTEAD OF A MOUNTAIN

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER
I actually liked DK Mountain tho :-\

SiFi said:
OH MY GOD

DK Pass has retruned as a Retro Course.

Nintendo put a timer on balloon battle again, making it exactly the same as the Wii, only without forced teams.

Well, balloon battle is once again ruined for me.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
SiFi said:
OH MY GOD

DK Pass has retruned as a Retro Course.
THEN PERHAPS YOU CAN TELL ME WHY THEY DIDN'T CALL IT "EDDIE THE MEAN OLD YETI PASS"

COME ON NINTENDO YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BRING HIM BACK

Mijzelffan said:
Nintendo put a timer on balloon battle again, making it exactly the same as the Wii, only without forced teams.

Well, balloon battle is once again ruined for me.
I liked the Knokout stye battle in Mario Kart DS but I'm glad that we can play Coin Runners without Teams which means I am looking forward having fun with that mode.

The question is: is the team option still around or is it a forced free for all?. I don´t like to be forced to play one way or another: both options should co-exist.

I loved the knock-out style in DS, and I loathe the timer style. And the timer is set to only two minutes too.

I'd almost get my hopes up for an update to give you the option to remove the timer, but like new DLC characters, that's probably not gonna happen.

Easmo said:
The question is: is the team option still around or is it a forced free for all?. I don´t like to be forced to play one way or another: both options should co-exist.

Yes, teams still exist. But that's not the point. The point is the stupid timer, the stupid score based on balloons you pop, and the stupid auto-revival when you run out of balloons.

Seriously Nintendo, nobody cares if they can't play for a while because they're dead (which was probably the "issue" they were trying to resolve).

I never really cared that much for Battle mode anyway. Always loved the races more, even if I did have a fun time some of the time in Mario Kart 64's battle mode.

The battle mode I played the most was Mario Kart DS'. Also, I found it cool how the players turn into ghosts sometimes.

Northern Verve said:
I never really cared that much for Battle mode anyway. Always loved the races more, even if I did have a fun time some of the time in Mario Kart 64's battle mode.

When with a lot of good friends, it's nicer to kill them than it is to just beat them :P MKDS' balloon battle was perfect for that. It was literally survival of the fittest.

Also, like this it only causes more rage, because when you're killed in MKDS, you're dead, and all you can do is accept it and have fun as a ghost. In MK7 you lose half your points and come back to life, which will only enrage you, probably cause you to solely hunt the one who did that to you, and will probably only piss you off.

Mijzelffan said:
Northern Verve said:

When with a lot of good friends, it's nicer to kill them than it is to just beat them :P MKDS' balloon battle was perfect for that. It was literally survival of the fittest.

Also, like this it only causes more rage, because when you're killed in MKDS, you're dead, and all you can do is accept it and have fun as a ghost. In MK7 you lose half your points and come back to life, which will only enrage you, probably cause you to solely hunt the one who did that to you, and will probably only piss you off.

In Mario Kart Wii, you only lost 1 point if all of your balloons were popped, so in a way, Mario Kart 7's balloon battle sounds to be much more fair.

Yoshidude99 said:
SiFi said:
OH MY GOD

I liked the mountain better

BUT WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH DONKEY KONG

The last few Donkey Kong tracks were affiliated with snow. DK Jungle pretty much changed that.

I was wondering why they even did that in the first place. Hacking reveals that DK Pass was going to be jungle themed, why didn't they keep it that way? Or at least change the name to "Sherbert Pass"?

BTW who's going to start the official Mario Forums community since they do have that for Online players of Mario Kart 7? Surely someone's going to start it.

Mijzelffan said:
Ok seriously, this game gives out 3-star ratings way too easily.
Argeed but at least the CPU are not rubbish.

Well I did get an update, in terms of the stat boosts. You can go here for the current list, but I also inputted the info onto the Mario Kart 7 article. The list is incomplete though, so it'll be a while before all the parts are covered.

Back