Mario Kart 7

Re: Gliders, Underwater propeller things, Mario Kart 3DS looks AWESOME

X&Y said:
I'm definitely getting this game. I hope it's not as hard as MKWii in 150cc.
I hope they don't randomly throw red shells at me in this game like they did in MKWii.

I will only get this if there is no blue shell/option to turn blue shell off. For me, that entire item makes the game not only luck based, but almost ruins it for me.

ParaSky said:
I will only get this if there is no blue shell/option to turn blue shell off. For me, that entire item makes the game not only luck based, but almost ruins it for me.

You'd hate being 1st with Frantic Items on... *shivers* I think I got hit with 6 Blue Shells that race xD

ParaSky said:
Sorry but they will be a blue shell. Look at Mariowiki.

New Super Yoshi said:
ParaSky said:
:(

I don't know the discussion right now but I hope the drift is like MKWii, tricks are in it, possibly even motorcycles, and I hope you can control the glider to open or close.

I'm looking forward to gliding and driving underwater.

New Super Yoshi said:
Which there is no difference with normal driving so far

Rakshata Chawla said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Which there is no difference with normal driving so far
But it looks cool.

New Super Yoshi said:
ParaSky said:
:(

It's called Spiny Shell people, not Blue Shell :rolleyes:

Well It's Blue and it's a Shell so calling it a Blue Shell is not different from Spiny Shell.

You can make the Gliding go for longer by holding back and can control it in the air, I doubt tricks are there anymore and apperently the 3D on it is extremely good and fits perfectly. I never learnt to Drift in Mario Kart Wii since it was hard to do on the Wii Wheel, I learnt on my first go in MKDS & MK:DD though.

Crackin355 said:
Well It's Blue and it's a Shell so calling it a Blue Shell is not different from Spiny Shell.

You can make the Gliding go for longer by holding back and can control it in the air, I doubt tricks are there anymore and apperently the 3D on it is extremely good and fits perfectly. I never learnt to Drift in Mario Kart Wii since it was hard to do on the Wii Wheel, I learnt on my first go in MKDS & MK:DD though.
It took me awhile work it out MKW but i'm only good at inward Drifting.

Crackin355 said:

That's a terrible excuse to call it a Blue Shell. Why not call the Spiny Shell from Mario Strikers "Red Shells"? Spiny Shell is the official name for the winged shell from the Mario Kart games. Blue Shells also exist, but they have no wings, no spikes, sometimes a power-up, and sometimes used to freeze opponents. Blue Shells =/= Spiny Shells from Mario Kart.

What about calling it the Blue Spiny Shell and ending this discussion?

I'm ok with that. I hate that accursed shell anyway.

They should make Lightning Bolts more powerful again. They sucked in Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii, because the lower ranked characters grow back to normal too early.

The Magic School Bus said:
I'm ok with that. I hate that accursed shell anyway.

They should make Lightning Bolts more powerful again. They sucked in Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii, because the lower ranked characters grow back to normal too early.

Speaking of which, I love when I get a Star or Mega Mushroom and someone uses a lightning. I'm the only one that isn't a midget, lol.

Lightning Bolts were very powerful in Mario Kart 64, Super Circuit, and Double Dash, but got majorly dumbed down in Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii.

In those two games, you grew according to your place. If you're 11th, you grow up quicker than people in first. Since you must be last to get a thunderbolt, you basically have little chance of catching up to the 11th before he turns to normal. In the previous games, everyone grew up to normal size at the same time, so it's easier to pass people (not to mention either knocking those tiny guys aside or smashing them)

In those two games, you grew according to your place. If you're 11th, you grow up quicker than people in first. Since you must be last to get a thunderbolt, you basically have little chance of catching up to the 11th before he turns to normal. In the previous games, everyone grew up to normal size at the same time, so it's easier to pass people (not to mention either knocking those tiny guys aside or smashing them)

it's too make it more balanced.

I still call it the Blue Shell. Spiny Shell could easily be the shell of a spiny.

I thought that discussion was over;
Driving underwater is awesome instead of falling in it and going "BLUBLUBLUBLUBLU". Custom karts will be cool too. The gliders don't hype me as much, though.
This game is #3 on my Awesome Upcoming Games list. #2 is Super Mario, #1 is Paper Mario.

Crackin355 said:

it's too make it more balanced.

Really? Thunderbolt is only acquired in last place. Well, except for the games where it doesn't have that effect of racers growing corresponding to the place (you can get a Thunderbolt in 5th place in Mario Kart 64). I never saw the Thunderbolt as a broken item. The only time it screwed me up is if they use it over a cliff, and this scenario happens way less than the Spiny Shell before the finish line one. Also, the Thunderbolt is a rare item, but it barely does the last place guy any good any more, because the 11th (or 7th) grows back to normal too quickly.

I love air gliding. It's the first time in the series to navigate through the air. Maybe that's why I'm so hyped for it. I always dreamed of it in the Mario Kart games.

The shell in spiny shell is a combination of hell and *blap*

Why do people hate the Thundercloud so much? At least you don't lose speed off-road. I can't believe some people never realized that.

The Star pretty much outclasses the Thunder Cloud, plus, whenever I get it when no one's around, well, I got plenty of reasons for disliking it.

A minor fact is that I liked it when the characters get shrunk, I like it better when their voice gets high pitched in the earlier Mario Kart games and not warbly like in Mario Kart Wii

Back