Mario Kart 7

Re: Gliders, Underwater propeller things, Mario Kart 3DS looks AWESOME

The Magic School Bus said:
I wonder, why hasn't Wario been seen in the trailer? Isn't that odd?
Thats the same thing with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Hes probably going to appear later.

This game is being made by Retro Studios, the same people who made Metroid Prime games and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I have high hopes for this game. I think they can handle Mario Kart.

I thought this game was being made by Nintendo EAD :|

Leonyx said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Let's face it. Anything Nintendo touches usually becomes badass.

*cough*WiiMusic*cough*WiiParty*cough*VirtualBoy*cough*

Just saying...
HOW EXTREMELY TRUE THAT IS.
Even though I do like Wii Music...

Who else love customizable karts? I would like to have a big, fat offroad vehicle body with big fat tires and a giant spoiler.

The Magic School Bus said:
Who else love customizable karts? I would like to have a big, fat offroad vehicle body with big fat tires and a giant spoiler.
Who doesn't? ;)

You're right, I bet it'll be harder to find someone who doesn't love customizable parts. I hope they have a spoiler part.

Well, also, in the trailer, I saw that some of the things in the column with the glider had a ? on them...maybe they have different, more powerful versions of the gliders and underwater propellers!!! ;D

Mariomario64 said:
Well, also, in the trailer, I saw that some of the things in the column with the glider had a ? on them...maybe they have different, more powerful versions of the gliders and underwater propellers!!! ;D
More powerful? You're on to something.

Yeah. Something like that. Maybe, for instance, the unlockable gliders allow you to fly in the air a little longer. Or, the unlockable underwater propellers give better speed/control while driving underwater. Just saying. :)

I think they might have a different function rather being more powerful. It has always been like this in the Mario Kart games; there are never karts more powerful than the default ones.

Hmmm...true, very true. But what kinds of different functions? :eek:

There might be a glider that turns sharper, but the movement is slower or something like that.

I would like to either have a fast moving, but heavy one, or a slow moving, but light one.

Mariomario64 said:
Maybe, I wouldn't doubt that since Nintendo is trying to be
more customizable.

Back to the tricks thing, I really hope they return. And bikes too.

I'm not worried about Bikes or Tricks, and teh Air Glider seems.... really meh... but thats my thoughts. I really want to see what they'll do with the Underwater parts, some really good levels could come out of that. Customizing looks cool but I have a feeling that looks aren't everything, I think that the parts of a customizable kart will affects its stats, but I doubt Air Gliders and Submarine Spinner Things will give better advantages, just there for customization.

Crackin355 said:
I'm not worried about Bikes or Tricks, and teh Air Glider seems.... really meh... but thats my thoughts. I really want to see what they'll do with the Underwater parts, some really good levels could come out of that. Customizing looks cool but I have a feeling that looks aren't everything, I think that the parts of a customizable kart will affects its stats, but I doubt Air Gliders and Submarine Spinner Things will give better advantages, just there for customization.
Customization is useless and may not affect the stats.
But its cool anyways.

It does look like the big fat tires will have different abilities than the race tires

Dragonair said:
Crackin355 said:
Customization is useless and may not affect the stats.
But its cool anyways.

You never know, just having a customized car thats unique to you is cool, but having your own stats would be better.

I LOVE IT! But I hope Bowser Jr. and Hammer Bro. are playable!

Mario Kart 3DS said:
I LOVE IT! But I hope Bowser Jr. and Hammer Bro. are playable!
Per. I'm going to get this awesome game.

Clover said:
Back to the tricks thing, I really hope they return. And bikes too.
Tricks were cool, but I'm not sure they'll bring them back. Since in the air, it looks like they want you to use the Glider. :P

I'm definitely getting this game. I hope it's not as hard as MKWii in 150cc.

I Agree with magicschoolbus it looks freaking awsome with gliders but its weird that wario wasnt shown in the demo or trailer :wario:

Back